hmmmm

Paladin_X

Reaction score
Its very late.. im tired.. please excuse the typos and spelling errors.. I am writing pretty fast.

My situation is that I am 23 years old.. I have had thinning hair problems and purchased a small partial hair system.. I use dermmatch to cover up thinning areas on my real hair.. The final results = I look like have a thick full head of hair.. However.. because of my thinning and a tedious routine of applying dermmatch i was considering getting a larger system since I am very happy with the results.. I was also thinking about taking rogaine/propecia.. and have read many posts on this web site.. as well as looked through this web site for information..

Honestly, I feel that the majority of people here seem like "legal drug addicts" and I believe the hair replacement industry makes billions because they have us by the balls.. Its pretty sad ... There is a very very limited source on the Internet that is TRUE, without heavy marketing.. I can smell the corruption in almost EVERY BIG HAIRLOSS SITE... They all take a certain view and attitude.. and desperate people jump on the bandwagon.. You go to hairsite.com.. FARRELL is shown as the BEST solution.. simply because they are getting paid to say so... This website seems like a marketing ground for pharmaceutical companies and hair transplants... In my opinion people who are extremely bald,, and taking all of these drugs are being silly... Putting chemicals into your body on a daily basis to count a few pieces of peach fuzz...
The reason why I am considering, or just thinking about taking medications, is because I am only 23, with moderate thinning.. I figure there might be a chance to save my already existing hair follicles.. However... These drugs do not seem like a good option the more i read bout it.. Your body is tough, it can adapt and adjust... But just think about it.. 365 pills, 730 mls of rogaine, bottles of other chemicals.. only for one year.. just to see some type of results.. No matter what people say.. COMMON SENSE would tell you that a steady intake of such chemicals will have some type of effect on the body after many years.. And if your taking these drugs when your 30/40.. and you happen to have prostate trouble in your 50's you should be concerned.. Just picture having to take 5mg proscar tablets for prostrate problems, when you have consumed sh*t loads for years.. I sense a natural immunity to the drug..
Although there are very intelligent people on here, with scientific background that far surpasses my level of understanding.. I really feel that some people are clueless about how the medical, pharmaceutical companies operate.. Pharmesutical companies have billions of dollars and with this money they control the research and development.. They engineer life long medications that generate profit.. They also contract with doctors.. Paying them to prescribe certain BRAND medications, over cheaper, more effective ones.. Anyone in this business knows its a fact.. Asking a dermatologist about propecia is like asking a car salesman if the car he is selling is good.. I dont give a sh*t what data the clinical trials suggests.. In fact, I believe the 2 percent sexual side effects is a load of sh*t.. I think ALOT more have sexual side effects.. You will not get the truth about these drugs until 20 years from now, when half the people on this forum have some type of documented health problems.. Whose growing tits, whos penis is shrinking, who has to take v****.. Its pretty friggin sad.. If you take fu@#ken Tylenol EVERYDAY its known that it causes all sorts of problems in the body.. My philosophy is that in life, the healthiest man can die, the biggest slob could live till 120.. however, live life in moderation.. These medications are VERY far from living in moderation.. and again, common sense alone would tell you.. . DONT believe everything you hear.. ESPECIALLY when BIG MONEY is involved..

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree! :rockon:

G

Paladin_X said:
Its very late.. im tired.. please excuse the typos and spelling errors.. I am writing pretty fast.

My situation is that I am 23 years old.. I have had thinning hair problems and purchased a small partial hair system.. I use dermmatch to cover up thinning areas on my real hair.. The final results = I look like have a thick full head of hair.. However.. because of my thinning and a tedious routine of applying dermmatch i was considering getting a larger system since I am very happy with the results.. I was also thinking about taking rogaine/propecia.. and have read many posts on this web site.. as well as looked through this web site for information..

Honestly, I feel that the majority of people here seem like "legal drug addicts" and I believe the hair replacement industry makes billions because they have us by the balls.. Its pretty sad ... There is a very very limited source on the Internet that is TRUE, without heavy marketing.. I can smell the corruption in almost EVERY BIG HAIRLOSS SITE... They all take a certain view and attitude.. and desperate people jump on the bandwagon.. You go to hairsite.com.. FARRELL is shown as the BEST solution.. simply because they are getting paid to say so... This website seems like a marketing ground for pharmaceutical companies and hair transplants... In my opinion people who are extremely bald,, and taking all of these drugs are being silly... Putting chemicals into your body on a daily basis to count a few pieces of peach fuzz...
The reason why I am considering, or just thinking about taking medications, is because I am only 23, with moderate thinning.. I figure there might be a chance to save my already existing hair follicles.. However... These drugs do not seem like a good option the more i read bout it.. Your body is tough, it can adapt and adjust... But just think about it.. 365 pills, 730 mls of rogaine, bottles of other chemicals.. only for one year.. just to see some type of results.. No matter what people say.. COMMON SENSE would tell you that a steady intake of such chemicals will have some type of effect on the body after many years.. And if your taking these drugs when your 30/40.. and you happen to have prostate trouble in your 50's you should be concerned.. Just picture having to take 5mg proscar tablets for prostrate problems, when you have consumed sh*t loads for years.. I sense a natural immunity to the drug..
Although there are very intelligent people on here, with scientific background that far surpasses my level of understanding.. I really feel that some people are clueless about how the medical, pharmaceutical companies operate.. Pharmesutical companies have billions of dollars and with this money they control the research and development.. They engineer life long medications that generate profit.. They also contract with doctors.. Paying them to prescribe certain BRAND medications, over cheaper, more effective ones.. Anyone in this business knows its a fact.. Asking a dermatologist about propecia is like asking a car salesman if the car he is selling is good.. I dont give a sh*t what data the clinical trials suggests.. In fact, I believe the 2 percent sexual side effects is a load of sh*t.. I think ALOT more have sexual side effects.. You will not get the truth about these drugs until 20 years from now, when half the people on this forum have some type of documented health problems.. Whose growing tits, whos penis is shrinking, who has to take v****.. Its pretty friggin sad.. If you take fu@#ken Tylenol EVERYDAY its known that it causes all sorts of problems in the body.. My philosophy is that in life, the healthiest man can die, the biggest slob could live till 120.. however, live life in moderation.. These medications are VERY far from living in moderation.. and again, common sense alone would tell you.. . DONT believe everything you hear.. ESPECIALLY when BIG MONEY is involved..

There are a lot of broadslides and generalizations in your post which I wont address as they are in essence, unaddressable. For example, what does living in moderation mean? I have heard that before but no one defines what exactly that is or how it can be attained. Or, how is has been determined that living in moderation is good per se. Does Michael Jorday live in moderation? If so, how did he get so damn good at what he does?

More directly, you state that RX companies CONTRACT and pay MDs to prescribe certain drugs. You do know that this is illegal and can get someone real jail time?

Can you be more specific what you mean by this. Are we talking free trips, seminars etc?

We all know that RX companies are a business and I for one would not have it be any other way. This does not mean that all drugs are useless or junk. Frankly, many are, but many save lives. The consumer and their Doctor have to do there homework here.

Important not to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

I for one am grateful for minoxidil, propecia and the hair on my head. But that is just me and I am fine about those who choose to refrain. That is why living in a free society is so great.

Redbone

Reaction score
Another Propecia blaster- this is getting so damn boring. Once again if the sh*t were as bad as people on this board make it out to be it would not be approved by the FDA, the same goes for minoxidil - Think about it.

Ever notice that Newbies are the only ones that bash these products?

G

Jesus, that made an interesting and fascinating read. :roll:

Bottom line is its my choice to take whatever hair medication i want. I think theres as much chance as me getting screwed up by minoxidil or propecia as there is as getting run over by a bus tommorow.

If you dont want to take the hair drugs then dont, but spare us your patronising essays. :roll:

End of story.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
You did not have to read/reply to his essay he was giving his opinion, respect that at least. At the end of the day it is EVERYBODYS choice in life what they take and dont do about their hair loss we are not robots.

G

Stinger122 said:
You did not have to read/reply to his essay he was giving his opinion, respect that at least. At the end of the day it is EVERYBODYS choice in life what they take and dont do about their hair loss we are not robots.

His opinion is not at issue for me. He simply made some statements that either were non-specific (what does living in moderation mean?) or perhaps dead out wrong (MDs are contracted to prescribe certain drugs).

So, I for one was simply asking him to belly up to the bar so to speak.

By the way, as far as respecting someone's opinion, that is way overrated. Hitler had lots of opinions that should have been disrespected long before they were.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
We are on about hair loss, not hitlers opinions... major diffrence there...

G

I agree with some points he made, but others were plainly unfactual and without basis. I found it patronising SO repsect my opinion on that.

:lol:

G

Stinger122 said:
We are on about hair loss, not hitlers opinions... major diffrence there...

Well, this was HUMOR, but more seriously, an opinion without something behind it, is well, just that. It is in the "so what" category.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
I respect what you have to say Mr Zim Zam :p

Yeah Bruce I get your drift.. But I mean the guy has points, fair enough he might not have come out with everything perfect I.E the comments you made earlier on his post but his main message was 'Don't believe everything?' I guess?

Oh well, glad you found my last post humourus :p Hope im spelling properly tonight, I feel tired 8O

G

Stinger122 said:
I respect what you have to say Mr Zim Zam :p

Yeah Bruce I get your drift.. But I mean the guy has points, fair enough he might not have come out with everything perfect I.E the comments you made earlier on his post but his main message was 'Don't believe everything?' I guess?

Oh well, glad you found my last post humourus :p Hope im spelling properly tonight, I feel tired 8O

Your spelling is fine. Get some rest.

G

I think i suffer from net rage at times...i type before i think. :lol:

Cassin

Reaction score
Stinger122 said:

He made his reply for us to read on a public forum.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin.. He did not reply, he made a thread for people to read if they wanted to read it.. Your welcome to criticise anything he said, im sure he would be happy to reply! Just understand the point of what he was trying to say? Btw Cassin, do you like violins or something?

Bruce... I've tried getting some rest, but I just can't get to bed and its only 9PM! Argh, got work tommorow and I think I have a cold thats why I feel so tired :-/ Bah this sucks!

Zimmy, I think you need a tranquilizer to make you relax :p

Cassin

Reaction score
Stinger122 said:
Cassin.. He did not reply, he made a thread for people to read if they wanted to read it.. Your welcome to criticise anything he said, im sure he would be happy to reply! Just understand the point of what he was trying to say? Btw Cassin, do you like violins or something?

You know when people give a sob story and someone starts making a violin motion to make fun of them complaining? That's basically what the Avatar is, making fun of myself for bitching about my hair. If you notice his eyes are up looking at his bald head while playing the violin.

BTW I understand his point, and I made mine. It's cool. I didn't pick apart his post or anything.

And yes I like violins, I love classical music. Mainly strings.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh, I didnt even realise he was looking at his head until you pointed it out... Pfft but its got a nice meaning behind it I guess! lol.

Cool, im into guitars and stuff, I currently have an encore... maybe in a year I will probably join a band and sing about hair loss so the whole knows how mad I am...

You know whats freaky about this hair loss stuff... Its so commen in young people these days, I think its starting to hit people more and more its a big issue...

Paladin_X

Reaction score
Hey.. I didnt realize I would get so many comments and feedback. I was figuring you guys would read it and just over look it. Listen, im sorry if I came off hostile.. My hostilities are not aimed towards you guys, but the hair replacement industry in general. Most people say I make broad generalizations.. without basis.. And yeah i was being general, to sum up my points.. A lot of what I have said is true, and through studying business cases of companies such as Merck, and actually knowing some people in the pharmaseutical industry, especially my friend who owns his own pharmacy, I have learned a little about the industry.. There is one general fact that common sense would tell you, even without the actual facts.. In a capitalistic society, when huge money is involved... you cannot believe everything is peaches and cream.. Just because the FDA passes something, really does not mean that after long term intake of foreign chemicals it is safe.. Your talking about BILLIONS of dollars here.. I think if you want to ignore what I say and think im babbling, that is FINE.. But at least take this into slight consideration..
In today's society all of the power is in the hands of large corporations.. Even political power.. You might look at BUSH or the government as the political deciders, but the truth is, the huge corps are the ones who hold the power.. The campaign contributing billion dollar CEO's have more power then you could imagine. And the same is true for these HUGE pharmaseutical companies. And if you do not think there is a correlation between doctors, and pharmaseuticals your being delusional.. Because common sense again would tell you that there is some form of regulation with big money.. If you want to research something, research old prostrate procedures that have been done with a high success rate.. and today surgeons will deny these procedures as being ineffective, meanwhile four people in my family had them done and no longer suffer from prostrate problems.. Now they will just send you a life term contract with proscar.

For bruce lee.. I didnt realize I had to explain what moderation meant.. But heres an example.. If you ate a big fat greasy bacon cheeseburger today for dinner.. would you be ok? Of course you would.. In fact if you had them for the whole week you would be ok. Your body could take care of it.. However, if you ate a big greasy big bacon cheese burger every day continuously for years.. What might happen? Most likely youll die of a heart attack.. What I mean by moderation is that.. Today's research says one day something is deadly for you, the next day they find its the best thing in the world.. Every extreme diet, such as the atkins diet.. more and more are being found to be troublesome. What I mean by moderation is to try to live life in the middle of the road.. Doing something to an extreme is hurtful.. Take something like runners for instance.. running is proven to be healthy, and improves your cardio vascular system.. However, runners who run miles every day start getting kidney problems, as well as tendon problems. Here is an example of something healthy taken to an extreme that can be harmful.. Now the bottom line its your choice, and if the drugs are working wonders for you, it definitely might be worth it.. But please dont put people down who might question the effects of foreign substances in the body for a prolonged time.
Please do not take what i say as an attack, or putting people down who are taking medications! Thats all we have right now.. Its our only options besides surgery or hairsystems.. So no way am I putting you down.. All im trying to do is share another view.. Its all we have, if you take them and enjoy the results.. Nothing wrong with that, But do not take these medications and put your head in the sand.. and deny everything, and feel that there is nothing bad at all going on.. That the world is a kind place, and these drugs are happy little drugs coming from a divine source, that only cares about helping you with your hairloss problem..