HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is true, it would be pointless to have women in the hair trial since they're doing a women-only endometriosis phase 2 trial and can glean hair info from that.

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible that this reddit patient is a liar or just taking the placebo?

I hope one of these things, or something similar. Otherwise it's over, after this treatment it's seriously over

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible that this reddit patient is a liar or just taking the placebo?

I hope one of these things, or something similar. Otherwise it's over, after this treatment it's seriously over

He's not lying, he's simply dumb. There are hundreds of people on this very forum that have taken every experimental drug under the sun and they look in the mirror within a week of taking it and are convinced that they see new hairs sprouting, which obviously is physiologically impossible.

There are so many factors that contribute to this phenomenon, but there's no malice. It's simply delusion and a lack of critical thinking skills.

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score
He's not lying, he's simply dumb. There are hundreds of people on this very forum that have taken every experimental drug under the sun and they look in the mirror within a week of taking it and are convinced that they see new hairs sprouting, which obviously is physiologically impossible.

There are so many factors that contribute to this phenomenon, but there's no malice. It's simply delusion and a lack of critical thinking skills.

He did have regrowth, if you think otherwise you are delusional.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is not really the case, the influence of prolactin on alopecia is much more relevant in the case of women than in men. In all clinical trials, companies are much more reluctant to include women than men due to legal issues (pregnancies...), that does not mean it doesn't work. Furthermore, they are going to start this same treatment in women for endometriosis, which in the case of women is closely related to alopecia.
In macaques the men responded much better than the females

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He did have regrowth, if you think otherwise you are delusional.
Okay fine I'll admit that he went from roughly norwood 6 to about norwood 6.

Unless you're referring to the pictures where he went from norwood 6 to norwood 3? The ones where his entire head is very clearly painted with fibers? Which he admitted to using? If you count fibers then yea he got a ton of regrowth. If you don't count fibers then he got no regrowth.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay fine I'll admit that he went from roughly norwood 6 to about norwood 6.

Unless you're referring to the pictures where he went from norwood 6 to norwood 3? The ones where his entire head is very clearly painted with fibers? Which he admitted to using? If you count fibers then yea he got a ton of regrowth. If you don't count fibers then he got no regrowth.
According to the investigators he was NW4 to begin with, and went to NW3. Lay people always exaggerate norwoods.

By the way, did you see that pyrilutamide failed? Kevin Mann said it would be the cure

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to the investigators he was NW4 to begin with, and went to NW3. Lay people always exaggerate norwoods.

By the way, did you see that pyrilutamide failed? Kevin Mann said it would be the cure

His 2023 photos seem like norwood 6 to me, but I do see a lot of differences in norwood scales across the internet. On some he's norwood 4 and on others he's norwood 6.
1701059370270.png

On this he's definitely norwood 6. It's possible they judged him as 4A on this scale, but to me his hair is nowhere near dense enough to warrant that. Either way he's Norwood 6 as late as June 2023.

I also did not see that pyrilutamide failed. I wasn't following it closely, but I do recall that there was a particularly... eccentric person on this forum that was using it and he was convinced it worked amazing for hair, but also that somehow his dick stopped working within 24 hours of taking it. So it was hard for me to take it seriously.

But yeah that's really unfortunate. Because that was one of the bigger names of potential future treatments. Top 3 even.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Norwoods are just a visual description. IMO it would be more useful if people described it with stages. "He's a current NW3 with visible Norwood#6 thinning."

As for Pyrilutamide?

It's an androgen-fighting method. We already know the limits of that whole general approach. If chemical castration doesn't even regrow much lost hair, then it's pointless to hope for more results than that from less severe drugs.

Blocking/reducing androgens is only good for slowing down future hair loss. Period. Whatever regrowth it generates is a mild rebound effect in follicles that went bald more recently so they were still hanging by a thread.

Last edited:

llbesh

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, did you see that pyrilutamide failed?
Pyrilutamide finished stage II trials in US with +10hair/cm and started and completed subject enrolment in phase III in China.
Are you talking in terms of pyralitamide being/not being a miracle drug?
"pyralitamide failed" for me means it can not block DHT receptors at all/sides overweight the effect.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pyrilutamide finished stage II trials in US with +10hair/cm and started and completed subject enrolment in phase III in China.
"pyralitamide failed" for me means it can not block DHT receptors at all/sides overweight the effect.

These are the phase 2 results that Kintor shared for Pyrilutamide:

1701087603413.png

Placebo BID was around 7 TAHC cm2
5mg BID was around 22 TAHC cm2

22 - 7 = 15 TAHC cm2 when comparing change versus placebo at 6 months.

What would be more interesting in my opinion is to know whether Pyrilutamide looses efficacy after 6 months similar to clascoterone (CB-03-01).

Once the phase 3 results are out, which should be any day now that should tell us more but for now I'd suggest sticking to RU.

Last edited:

peladillo peach

My Regimen
Reaction score
Estos son los resultados de la fase 2 que Kintor compartió para la pirilutamida:

[ADJUNTAR=completo]185845[/ADJUNTAR]

El placebo BID fue de aproximadamente 7 TAHC cm2
5 mg dos veces al día fue de alrededor de 22 TAHC cm2

22 - 7 = 15 TAHC cm2 al comparar el cambio versus placebo a los 6 meses.

Lo que sería más interesante en mi opinión es saber si la pirilutamida pierde eficacia después de 6 meses de manera similar a la clascoterona (CB-03-01).
Acaba de salir una declaración de Kintor sobre la fase 3... y sí, falló.

dkdkl

My Regimen
Reaction score
These are the phase 2 results that Kintor shared for Pyrilutamide:

View attachment 185845

Placebo BID was around 7 TAHC cm2
5mg BID was around 22 TAHC cm2

22 - 7 = 15 TAHC cm2 when comparing change versus placebo at 6 months.

What would be more interesting in my opinion is to know whether Pyrilutamide looses efficacy after 6 months similar to clascoterone (CB-03-01).

Once the phase 3 results are out, which should be any day now that should tell us more but for now I'd suggest sticking to RU.

They have just came out with a press release on this (phase 3) , check out the new thread in the research section

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, their Phase III was announced already. It didn't meet statistical significance. They will have to redo it with a longer duration and higher N, or abandon the drug. It just isn't very good.

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have always been cautious, but I must rule out Kintor. In his latest statement they have issued a warning about investing in his company. Therefore that means that we do not expect anything.

I think HMI is going the same way.

good luck to everyone.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Given Hope's eagerness to partner with a manufacturing company for commercialization, it looks like they're planning on shipping it out regardless of its results in humans. They already have amazing marketing material with the stump-tailed macaque trial alone. Minoxidil also had a stump-tailed macaque trial show positive results the same year it came to market in 1986, so they have an easy minoxidil comparison too. That's really all you need to successfully sell a hair loss product. Plenty of cosmetic hair loss products that have been proven to do nothing still fly off the shelves because of good marketing. As far as drugs, it has much a better marketing profile than PRP and somehow PRP is still thriving in dermatologists' treatment repertoire. Which I'd argue is only because those useless and clueless mfers get off on the $ervice charge of the injections. Which funnily enough would also apply to HMI-115. So I'd put money on it releasing, effective or not.

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness is truly an ineradicable curse. Now we are able to do more or less anything, but baldness remains unbeatable. No one has ever undertaken to connect the dots, try to intertwine all the possible paths and trace back to a possible path to hit with all the forces. it's really "amazing", it seems that so many genes and pathways regulate something as simple as hair in humans. HMI seemed promising thanks to the experiments on macaques but apparently it will be yet another bullshit, and this for three generations. I hope that this reddit user is a liar, or a placebo... if this were not to be the case it would mean that this thing is literally incurable, either due to the complexity, or due to the absolute incompetence of the scientists, lack of real will.

As usual we find ourselves counting the hairs, which are now even higher in number than the disappointments. For goodness sake I have nothing to say, in fact I respect the reckless and the people who are constant in their treatment. Unfortunately, I'm not like that, all or nothing. And apparently we should resign ourselves again.

ps: the last possibility is that the treatment is still at very low doses or that it requires even more time, we are really waiting for the results even if all this waiting doesn't give me hope in any case. What an endless odyssey.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Calm down. There are other options. It can be cured, and if we don't already know how then we soon will.