HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
HopeMedicine just started Phase II trials in China

My question is:
Is it possible that they skip the Phase II Trial in EU and US and directly start a Phase III trial in EU an US in 2025 After Phase II Trial in China was finished?

I got the Information that Hope Medicine will Start Phase III trials in EU and US in 2025.
But they don’t do Phase II trials in EU and US Right now.
So i would like to know whether it is enough If Phase II was only Done in China. Will the Phase II results of China be enough for starting PHase III trials in Europe and US?

Thank you!!

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Assuming HMI turns out to work in humans as it does in monkeys (I understand so far we have only one patient's results?), does that prove that PRL is somehow involved in the mechanism of Androgenetic Alopecia or is what we know from the monkeys equally consistent with the interpretation that HMI is just a powerful growth agonist and works in ways independent of Androgenetic Alopecia (in other words, would have the same stimulating effect on a non-Androgenetic Alopecia scalp)?

Is the latter true of minoxidil? Does minoxidil stimulate hair growth in non-pathological scalps or does it work by somehow relieving the deleterious effects of Androgenetic Alopecia?

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
Assuming HMI turns out to work in humans as it does in monkeys (I understand so far we have only one patient's results?), does that prove that PRL is somehow involved in the mechanism of Androgenetic Alopecia or is what we know from the monkeys equally consistent with the interpretation that HMI is just a powerful growth agonist and works in ways independent of Androgenetic Alopecia (in other words, would have the same stimulating effect on a non-Androgenetic Alopecia scalp)?

Is the latter true of minoxidil? Does minoxidil stimulate hair growth in non-pathological scalps or does it work by somehow relieving the deleterious effects of Androgenetic Alopecia?
Minoxidil works wherever there is hair. It damn near grew my temple points back and people use it on their beards all the time even though beard hair needs androgens to grow, minoxidil still thickens it up

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so maybe there's some hope.

Here's the trial participant before the Sinclair trial.
1702537995562.png

And here's the trial participant 6 months after the last dose of HMI-115. (2nd image is color corrected to fix dim lighting to better show scalp)
1702537608868.png
1702538455803.png

So while I stand by that he had zero regrowth in the final trial photo, and he is still very much very visibly still severely balding in the bottom photo, it is hard for me to deny that there is clear terminal hair in this 6 months post-trial photo that did not exist in the before photo, which is what's important.

So if these photos are legitimate, it will be more interesting to see what it can do for people that still have moderate density.

But now I'm more curious to see this trial's terminal hair count values to see how they compare in relation to both these photos and to the minoxidil/finasteride trials' terminal hair count values.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Huh.

That's legit regrowth. It's in the ballpark with Minoxidil + Finasteride.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HMI-115 will go over optimization during the whole clinical process.

From my perspective this is nothing better than finasteride+Min, but we should not base our opinion on only one user. People differenty reacts to therapies and drugs. Some better, some not so better.

They must show much much better results and regrowth from Min+finasteride. Otherwise, must people will not bother to buy their product, because it will be expensive for ordinary Joe, and they have already cheap solution on the market.

Last edited:

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so maybe there's some hope.

Here's the trial participant before the Sinclair trial.
View attachment 186035

And here's the trial participant 6 months after the last dose of HMI-115. (2nd image is color corrected to fix dim lighting to better show scalp)
View attachment 186034View attachment 186036

So while I stand by that he had zero regrowth in the final trial photo, and he is still very much very visibly still severely balding in the bottom photo, it is hard for me to deny that there is clear terminal hair in this 6 months post-trial photo that did not exist in the before photo, which is what's important.

So if these photos are legitimate, it will be more interesting to see what it can do for people that still have moderate density.

But now I'm more curious to see this trial's terminal hair count values to see how they compare in relation to both these photos and to the minoxidil/finasteride trials' terminal hair count values.
Visibly went from a norwood 5.5 to norwood 4.5 or around that much. If this doesn't give dudes sexual sides then holy crap that's amazing. He has the option to get a hair transplant now to get down to norwood 2.5 if he wanted to. I'd be perfectly happy with a norwood 2.5 for the rest of my life

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Visibly went from a norwood 5.5 to norwood 4.5 or around that much. If this doesn't give dudes sexual sides then holy crap that's amazing. He has the option to get a hair transplant now to get down to norwood 2.5 if he wanted to. I'd be perfectly happy with a norwood 2.5 for the rest of my life
What is the point of one treatment if you must have another treatment after that (in this case hair transplantation)? All hype about HMI-115 was that it will give amazing results and far superior to those that finasteride+min give.

People also get amazing results with finasteride+min. Plus, without side effects.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HMI-115 is meant to be expensive therapy/drug, so people are expecting superior results compared to the big 3.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
HMI-115 is meant to be expensive therapy/drug, so people are expecting superior results compared to the big 3.
They could sell it fairly cheap if they want to. If results are mediocre then they will have to

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score
Wtf are the ppl here thinking? This is crazy regrowth, he hasn't back to NW1,2 because he started from high Norwood, and we still don't know how far he will go after 12 months. Ppl are used to complain and do so even with such amazing result.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They could sell it fairly cheap if they want to. If results are mediocre then they will have to
Really depends on manufactoring. If the manufactoring of this drug is expensive, then the treatment will be expensive. Otherwise, there is no point. Only time will tell.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wtf are the ppl here thinking? This is crazy regrowth, he hasn't back to NW1,2 because he started from high Norwood, and we still don't know how far he will go after 12 months. Ppl are used to complain and do so even with such amazing result.
These pictures are taken post 6 months after last injection, so I have seen better results with min+finasteride after 6 months. Even in higher norwoods.

Crazy and amazing regrowth based on what?

HMI-115 hype was that this will be full cure for most people out there. Obviously stump-tailed macaque results doesn’t translate same in humans.

Let’s wait and see what kind of results other patients will get from the trial.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
These pictures are taken post 6 months after last injection, so I have seen better results with min+finasteride after 6 months. Even in higher norwoods.

Crazy and amazing regrowth based on what?

HMI-115 hype was that this will be full cure for most people out there. Obviously stump-tailed macaque results doesn’t translate same in humans.

Let’s wait and see what kind of results other patients will get from the trial.
Some of the stump tailed macaques didn't respond to treatment, some got better results than others. 6 months is a full hair cycle in a macaque, which can make them respond faster. Let's just see what the final data shows.

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is clearly improvement, I don't understand the complaints. The crown has improved quite a bit and the hair grew in front that was slippery bald. Apart from the fact that in the photo you can see that she has wet hair.

I have seen cases with surprising minoxidil and fines but only in people with little loss of time.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the source of the photos?

Also, you say the photos are 6 months after last dose, do you know whether he lost ground after he hot off HMI, or is this about how he looked directly after the trial? Did he get on anything else after he took the last dose of HMI?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look, there's no question that these leaked HMI results are looking way short of the hype/hope. That's not debatable.

Now we are debating whether it's a total bust or not.

The 'Moeman' results suggested it might be a total zero. This new result suggest something like Finasteride or Minxidil. That's better than zero. It probably has enough commercial value to get it released.

"Waaa! Waaa! We already get just as much hair from Finasteride & Minoxidil!"

FFS. These drugs are not sports teams. We aren't picking sides here.