HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

sunlight2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm instantly suspicious of any trial where the 'after' pics feature longer hair. As acbrantlin points out, the judicious arranging of longer hair to get coverage is one of the daily rituals of hairloss...anyone around NW2/3 knows this. It just seems the most basic of trial protocols that the hair in before/after pics would be roughly the same length (and short/buzzed), so that regrowth could be easily seen.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm instantly suspicious of any trial where the 'after' pics feature longer hair. As acbrantlin points out, the judicious arranging of longer hair to get coverage is one of the daily rituals of hairloss...anyone around NW2/3 knows this. It just seems the most basic of trial protocols that the hair in before/after pics would be roughly the same length (and short/buzzed), so that regrowth could be easily seen.
All that matters is the trichoscope pics. IIRC those were circulated as well, and showed definite improvement. That can't be faked.

Kojakjr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So we get another drug which we have lots of crosstalk, but few actual users. The drug/antibody can be purchased… but after skimming through this thread.. nobody of much significance… I’ll probably have to buy it to see if it does anything.. I’ve been using a combination of Duasteride, Minoxidil, Lanaprost, Peptides w) some success. I don’t really understand prolactin mechanism.. perhaps it has something to do with shedding or not shedding. Who knows?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So we get another drug which we have lots of crosstalk, but few actual users. The drug/antibody can be purchased… but after skimming through this thread.. nobody of much significance… I’ll probably have to buy it to see if it does anything.. I’ve been using a combination of Duasteride, Minoxidil, Lanaprost, Peptides w) some success. I don’t really understand prolactin mechanism.. perhaps it has something to do with shedding or not shedding. Who knows?
The drug can only be purchased for research use. They won't sell it to you unless you have a verifiable laboratory. It's also very expensive. It would cost you six figures to buy enough for one person.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm really trying to be as charitable as I can by saying that at first glance it looks like there is regrowth. But a close examination shows that it's smoke and mirrors caused by longer hair combed in different directions that provides more scalp coverage. There isn't any more terminal hair in the after-pic than in the before-pic.

Anyone with hair like his knows slightly longer hair that is swept to the side covers more scalp, exactly like in the after-pic. It's too short in the before-pic to do that. But you can see more concentrated bare scalp in the after-pic where that hair is gathering together for the sweep. If there was regrowth, those extra bare spots in the after-pic wouldn't exist. And you can even see a spot in the upperleft crown in the before-pic that has complete coverage, but is very thin and can see bare scalp underneath in the after-pic. This is because the hair is clumped and swept differently due to a slight length increase, and that direction change provides the appearance of more coverage in the left/lowerleft. It really is so simple. I'm sorry. Again, if you have his before-pic hair, you know for a fact that if you let it grow a tiny bit longer and sweep it, you get his after-pic hair.

But I'll even go as far to agree that a majority of people that see the pics would agree with you that there is regrowth. Unfortunately they're wrong. I wish they were right, but I guess it really doesn't matter what I or you or anyone else believes. It doesn't change the end result, so you're right that arguing is pointless.

I just don't want people to get their hopes on based on misinformation that moeman hair is clear evidence that it works when it isn't.

Anyone can type "hmi-115 trial" into google images and see the trial pic.
It's been awhile since I've seen the wedding photos, but IIRC his before photos seemed to indicate that he had little to no hair in the frontal third. Wouldn't that make it impossible to use fibers in the front? I felt that there was regrowth but only a similar outcome as using minoxidil. Not as good as the macaques but still something.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've seen the wedding photos, but IIRC his before photos seemed to indicate that he had little to no hair in the frontal third. Wouldn't that make it impossible to use fibers in the front? I felt that there was regrowth but only a similar outcome as using minoxidil. Not as good as the macaques but still something.
Ok so the idea is to inject in our blood an experimental monoclonal antibody vaccine every 2 weeks with unknown side effects, but with potential dangerous side effects in the long term, in order to have a small hair regrowth (or no regrowth at all according some members).

And I didn’t say anything about the price. But even for free, I have my doubts…

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so the idea is to inject in our blood an experimental monoclonal antibody vaccine every 2 weeks with unknown side effects, but with potential dangerous side effects in the long term, in order to have a small hair regrowth (or no regrowth at all according some members).

And I didn’t say anything about the price. But even for free, I have my doubts…
Moe had no side effects. I guess no new treatments are allowed because we can't know for certain the longterm effects until we are all old. You can log off now since you are restricted to finasteride and minoxidil forever

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Moe had no side effects. I guess no new treatments are allowed because we can't know for certain the longterm effects until we are all old. You can log off now since you are restricted to finasteride and minoxidil forever
I don’t take finasteride, I did it during several years and since I stopped, I am still suffering side effects.

For me the solution should be something like Amplifica, or hair cloning. Something healthy, not experimental vaccines with little to no regrowth.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t take finasteride, I did it during several years and since I stopped, I am still suffering side effects.

For me the solution should be something like Amplifica, or hair cloning. Something healthy, not experimental vaccines with little to no regrowth.
But doesn't cloning tend to come with cancer risks?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

You're afraid of inhibiting prolactin, but you are comfortable injecting osteopontin?
Osteopontin (OPN) is a versatile protein that acts on various receptors which are associated with different signalling pathways implicated in cancer. OPN mediates critical processes for cancer progression such as immune response, cell adhesion and migration, and tumorigenesis
By the way, don't expect much regrowth from osteopontin. Estradiol inhibits osteopontin significantly. HMI-115 is certainly better.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're afraid of inhibiting prolactin, but you are comfortable injecting osteopontin?

By the way, don't expect much regrowth from osteopontin. Estradiol inhibits osteopontin significantly. HMI-115 is certainly better.
I have never talked about osteoporina

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never talked about osteoporina
Amplifica is osteopontin. Unless you meant their second program, SCUBE3, which is also unlikely to work well.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, SCUBE3. Natural and healthy.
SCUBE3 is downstream of highly oncogenic Shh activation. On the surface it should be assumed riskier than HMI-115.
Accumulating evidences indicate that the signal peptide-CUB-EGF-like domain-containing protein 3 (SCUBE3) plays a key role in the development and progression of many human cancers.

Kojakjr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So why get our hopes up? HMI-115 is too expensive, too hard to get. Why not take/use Duasteride to reduce scalp DHT 80%. Then use RU 58841 to further degrade androgen receptors..

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So why get our hopes up? HMI-115 is too expensive, too hard to get. Why not take/use Duasteride to reduce scalp DHT 80%. Then use RU 58841 to further degrade androgen receptors..

Because unless you are an hyper-responder you wont get enough regrowth with that. Most people here need to recover a couple of NWs. And with RU you are not degrading the receptor, just blocking it.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even chemical castration doesn't regrow very much hair.

The entire androgen/receptor category of baldness treatments is not capable of reversing the process. Not in any serious way. It will only slow/stop the worsening loss.