Head & Shoulders

Cassin

Reaction score
IwantMyhair said:
I can always adjust the shampoo regimine as I go :)

Exactly, and try to keep in mind your scalp does need a break from these medicated shampoos.

Try to space out the frequency of use no matter what it is.

I just cracked open one of the large bottles of Nizoral 1% and T/SAL 3%.I cycle them one day T/SAL, next Nizoral and then I use a regular shampoo. This gives me 2 to 3 apps per week of each as recommended.

When these bottles are done, probably in 6 months, I will take a month or two off from medicated shampoos and let my scalp rest.

Who knows, maybe I will try something new like Nioxin (yeah I know there isn't much science behind it) or NANO shampoo by Dr Proctor.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
honestly if you are looking for a really good shampoo to cycle in there to give the others a little rest (it has a lot of the trademark "anti DHT" like saw palmetto, stinging nettle that are bascially put in there so people think they will regrow hair) but actually it has been a really good shampoo. Its called semodex. My scalp always feels pretty damn nice (though i never had much problem with itch) and my hair is always soft and healthy. its really cheap too, i got like a gallon of the stuff for 20 bucks at a drug store. i think you can buy it online too, just search for it.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Exactly, and try to keep in mind your scalp does need a break from these medicated shampoos

My scalp had a break for 51 years. :lol: (That's long enough!)

misterium

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should be using the T/Sal that frequently as my thinning isn't so severe.. What do you guys think may be a good routine for me?

My itching is okay not nearly as bad as before, now that I've been using the H&S. I like to use the nizoral 1% 2x weekly though still.

Any suggestions for a good yet mild, effective shampoo regimine?

I have the following bottles: T/Sal (sal acid 3%), nizoral 1%, H&S Dry Scalp Care, Avalon Organics brand Tea Tree Mint, and a regular baby shampoo ..

I'm not so good with the which day to do what.. so maybe some help guys ? Remember my hairloss is still early and not severe.. mainly I want the best scalp health possible and NO itching! (that's what we ALL want though right :p )

Cassin

Reaction score
IwantMyhair said:
I'm not sure if I should be using the T/Sal that frequently as my thinning isn't so severe.. What do you guys think may be a good routine for me?

My itching is okay not nearly as bad as before, now that I've been using the H&S. I like to use the nizoral 1% 2x weekly though still.

Any suggestions for a good yet mild, effective shampoo regimine?

No itching and no Minoxidil = no need for T/SAL.

Were I you, I would use Nizoral 1% once or twice a week and that is it. Nothing else besides a regular shampoo of course.

If your loss is minor, keep it is simple as possible. Those of us with Moderate loss and on, need to get comlicated to get things going in the right direction.

Save money and hassle at any chance.

G

Cassin said:
No itching and no Minoxidil = no need for T/SAL.

T/Sal (T/Gel with salicylic acid in the UK) is an ideal pretreatment for Ketoconazole shampoos, itch or no itch.

Quote from Dr Lee website: Ketoconazole has been proven to decrease the quantities of DHT in the scalp by helping to inhibit its synthesis from sterols. Salicylic acid (ie: T/Sal) has a keratolytic and a slight antiseptic action when applied topically to the skin. By removing some of the dead epidermal layers of the stratum corneum, there is an enhanced action by the ketoconazole in suppressing the production of DHT in the scalp.

also from Nutrogena..

Because it is a fragrance free, colorant free and preservatives free Shampoo, patients with sensitive scalps can drive the therapeutic benefits of Salicylic Acid without risk of irritation due to undesirable additives

misterium

Reaction score
Awesome tynanW ... still should I use it before each 2x weekly application of Nizoral ?

Thanks bro

Cassin

Reaction score
TynanW I am agree with Dr Lees quote about the benefit of T/SAL with absobtion. I use it!

But my philosophy with people just starting out with minor loss is better with simplicity.

G

Cassin said:
TynanW I am agree with Dr Lees quote about the benefit of T/SAL with absobtion. I use it!

But my philosophy with people just starting out with minor loss is better with simplicity.

True Cassin, simple regimens are the ones that you stick with, I imagine the kitchen sink boys find it difficult to stay consistent, but I do think that T/Sal does have benifits outside of itch control.

IwantMyhair We all have different scalps, I wash with T/Sal leave for a few minutes then Nizoral and leave that for a few minutes, I do this three times a week. My scalp is irritation free, has been so for months, but for others this may be too much.

Cassin

Reaction score
tynanW said:
but I do think that T/Sal does have benifits outside of itch control.

Amen to that. But, in my opinion, it is not worth it if he isn't using topicals.

IwantMyhair,

TynanW and I have two different philosophies here. Neither one of us are right or wrong. We just have seperate ideas. Do you can stick with and feel right about.

G

Cassin said:
Amen to that. But, in my opinion, it is not worth it if he isn't using topicals.

I would have to agree 100% that if you are not using topicals and do not suffer an itchy scalp then T/Gel is about as useful as a Christmas card from 'Hopewas'.

......but

I would consider Ketoconazole (Nizoral) a topical medication.

Ty

Cassin

Reaction score
tynanW said:
Cassin said:

I would have to agree 100% that if you are not using topicals and do not suffer an itchy scalp then T/Gel is about as useful as a Christmas card from 'Hopewas'.

......but

I would consider Ketoconazole (Nizoral) a topical medication.

Ty

Ladies and gents,

Just to be clear in the UK T/GEL is what we Americans call T/SAL.

Very confusing since their version has SA and ours has Coal Tar.

YET our T/SAL has SA

G

Cassin said:
Ladies and gents,

Just to be clear in the UK T/GEL is what we Americans call T/SAL.

Very confusing since their version has SA and ours has Coal Tar.

YET our T/SAL has SA

:oops:

yeah, I meant T/Sal (or T/Gel with salicyclic acid in the UK)

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with using H & S in between nizoral. According to these studies, it outperforms ketoconazole and also has the endorsement of Dr. Lee. H & S is mild stuff. Use as much as possible for it's regrowth benefits.

I agree with Tynan that T/Sal is very important. I too consider nizoral & H & S to be topicals. I mean, you're pooing anyway, why not do it for the extra benefits? Especially if someone is using a nice scalp conditioner like emu oil, your scalp should be in great shape.

misterium

Reaction score
Why did Neutrogena have to be stupid and make the name different in the UK ?

"To make me ask questions" I suppose.

You think they would want things to be easy and standard.. instead of T/Gel in UK and T/Sal in US.. f*****g stupid if you ask me.

G

IwantMyhair said:
Why did Neutrogena have to be stupid and make the name different in the UK ?

"To make me ask questions" I suppose.

You think they would want things to be easy and standard.. instead of T/Gel in UK and T/Sal in US.. f*****g stupid if you ask me.

A...f*****g...men!

misterium

Reaction score
Stupid marketing people thinking they're witty.

G

Is Prassable 'Head and also shoulders' give you hair similar to lady hair (like in film 'Dirty Dancing') as slide effects?

In my crounty all lady use 'head with shoulders' shanpoo, and nearly all lady look like sh*t (similar to US swear worm> 'bad dame' framb goodle.com). Two days behind I Knock over lady by accidents with big wheel on tractor when I driving backward (reverse) lady fall inside where branco keep pigs, lady diffricult to recognise, prassably because she can be so similar to pig?

Her hair is rubbish.

Thank you

Branco

misterium

Reaction score
OMFG LMAO !!!

What the hell Branco .. are you serious buddy? you're the most funny person on these forums.. !!