Head & Shoulders

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Temples: I'm still a little confused why you state zinc pyr. is better than Nizoral.

The study I posted indicated Nizoral increased hair diameter and zinc pyr. decreased it.

The study indicated that shedding was less with Nizoral. It never mentioned beneficial shedding. The "flavor" of the study's conclusion was that it was "bad" shedding IMHO. (I think this may be the biggest difference in how we viewed the study results? Although increasing hair diameter is extremely important and Nizoral did this, zinc pyr. did not.)

Zinc pyr. had more hairs in anagen than Nizoral, but those hairs were thinner in diameter. (Nizoral also increased anagen hair counts.) Remember, the hairs in the zinc pyr. group decreased in diameter. That's not good. However, the zinc pyr. did increase anagen hairs.

It would appear to this layman that zinc pyr. is fine to use in a regimen but not better than Nizoral. It appears Nizoral is more beneficial than zinc pyr.

What am I missing?

(Also, remember the study used Nizoral at 1 percent. I would assume Nizoral at 2 percent would give even better results.)

G

Old Baldy said:
(Also, remember the study used Nizoral at 1 percent. I would assume Nizoral at 2 percent would give even better results.)

Hi all guys

Old bald, wash out is prassable 2% Nizoral shanpoo for diffrent prablems on head (hair lice,dirty also male pattern baldness) prassably make man similar to lady.

Is also prassable to grow moustache framb use Nizoral all time, Inside poland mousatche maybe mean man like to bum with simlar man and also like Tom Selec (magnum PI)

Thank you

Branco

Old Baldy

Reaction score
It could Bronco and ladies have more hair on their heads then most men. I don't need anymore where people can't see it!

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Temples: I'm still a little confused why you state zinc pyr. is better than Nizoral.

The study I posted indicated Nizoral increased hair diameter and zinc pyr. decreased it.

The study indicated that shedding was less with Nizoral. It never mentioned beneficial shedding. The "flavor" of the study's conclusion was that it was "bad" shedding IMHO. (I think this may be the biggest difference in how we viewed the study results? Although increasing hair diameter is extremely important and Nizoral did this, zinc pyr. did not.)

Zinc pyr. had more hairs in anagen than Nizoral, but those hairs were thinner in diameter. (Nizoral also increased anagen hair counts.) Remember, the hairs in the zinc pyr. group decreased in diameter. That's not good. However, the zinc pyr. did increase anagen hairs.

It would appear to this layman that zinc pyr. is fine to use in a regimen but not better than Nizoral. It appears Nizoral is more beneficial than zinc pyr.

What am I missing?

As you stated, PTZ had more hairs in the anagen phase. PTZ had more hairs shedding but that is to be expected when you have more hairs growing. You would also most likely shed more with finasteride and minoxidil too. See the connection?

Yes, the PTZ users had less hair shaft diameter, but I think that's just a cosemetic side-effect of the poo rather than miniaturization. Even in my teens before male pattern baldness, whenever I pooed w/ H & S my hair would look thinner right afterwards. That's why I suggested using "Extra Fullness" to help offset this.

The studies I've seen showed little-to-no-difference between 1 and 2% nizoral.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Axon said:
Temples said:
Axon is a prick (and also gay)

50% accurate. Guess which part. :)

prassably make intoh coca-cula from cola of pepsi?

The "gay" part?

Axon

Reaction score
No, no, no. You should have called me a ham sandwich or something. Just saying "lolz ur teh homoz" is about a 5th grade level.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had to speak to you on a level that you could understand.

Axon

Reaction score
FLAME.jpg

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How come his cape didn't catch on fire. Is Dr. Doom gay???

Axon

Reaction score
Interesting point. I dunno, maybe they make unflammable capes in Latervia.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just picked up H & S "Extra Fullness" poo last night. Great stuff. I was going to get the conditioner, but punk-*** Wal-Mart doesn't carry it. So, I tried the "Dry Scalp Care" conditioner and it rocks! I love the way it feels in my hair. Complete saturation (it looks like jizz, actually). It also has 0.5 PTZ too. Get it!

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
*bump for Dice_Has_Hair*

P.S. Sorry no posty. Work's been driving me crazy.

SHOUTS TO ALL MY male pattern baldness BRUTHAS!!!! LOVE YA!

~Peace