Having great hair makes you look really young.....

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
I am struggling words to describe your post. The best ones I can find are censored here......

First of all, I didn´t give this advice to a "young, vulnerable" member but to Aplunk who is a hairloss veteran and has more than 3000 posts. Though this doesn´t make a big difference to me, I tell the truth to everyone.

Second, Aplunk is never, never a "clear Norwood 1/1.5". He is at least a Norwood 2, I would say he is a Norwood 2.5. His hairloss is very obvious to those with a trained eye (you aren´t one of them.....)

Third, the reason why I choose so drastic words is that the posters before me where telling stupid $#iT such as they can´t see any hair loss. I think it is my moral duty to step in when people are being fooled in such an obvious way.

Fourth, calling my opinion "utterly wrong" is more $#iT. Anyone who considers Aplunk near a NW1 has proven how much he knows about hairloss and hence is "utterly wrong".

You know I see this as a general problem in this forum. People are not interested in telling the truth but rather to make the others feel better. To me this is not the point of this forum. This is exactly why I don´t believe people when they are telling me that I am normal looking. But then again, they compare me to old men and yes, seen like that I am not ugly......

Thank you Tauge,
was asa846 definitely speaking about me, or was he talking about another "Norwood 1.5".

In any case, Tauge, I do appreciate your input. I think that you're right, actually. What most people do NOT see is the temporal recession that isn't necessarily available in the photos I provided. The Rogaine "fuzz" that exists in the Norwood 2.5 area includes very small hairs, which do very little for me. The photos can cover up quite a bit.

Tauge, you do have a good eye when it comes to hairloss, and I do appreciate your opinion.

I feel that I'm probably within the Norwood 2.5 range but considered a Norwood 1.5 with because of the small Rogaine hairs. With some recent shedding, covering my crown is becoming more difficult, which makes me believe that I probably fit in between the Norwood 2-3 range.

In any case, I just thought I should add to your post.

needs_help9245

Reaction score
Aplunk said:
In any case, Tauge, I do appreciate your input. I think that you're right, actually. What most people do NOT see is the temporal recession that isn't necessarily available in the photos I provided. The Rogaine "fuzz" that exists in the Norwood 2.5 area includes very small hairs, which do very little for me. The photos can cover up quite a bit.

Hi Aplunk do you have link to pictures of your temporal recession (and where aboiuts the rogaine fuzz is?)? I only ask because my hair is in pretty much same shape as yours and I've just started on treatments for it so I'm keen to see what can be done for it. Thanks

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aplunk, I think your main problem with hair could be not receeding, but thinning. Your hair on top doesn't grow as thick and as fast as the sides/back, accentuating the contrast and making it look "receeded". Haven't you find that when you cut it very short your hairline seems lower??.

As thinning is not very pronounced, one can't tell it's overall thinning, and points to the first impression: receeded hair line. I bet you that if you would have overall denser hair on top, your hairline would seem more than good.

In fact I think your hairline is quite normal for a guy or even a girl. The difference is density.

G

Aplunk, this comment was definetly related to your hair.

To roki and s.a.f, sry, you claim to be experienced with women, but how many women did you have that were not prostitutes? Seriously, how can you say that women are not impressed by a guy showing off his muscles in a club? Roki, afaik most of your women were prostitues, s.a.f the women you know are mostly in their late 20s, early 30s. Yes, these women may not be impressed when you show off your muscles, but what about other women? Young women, particularly those under 20, are easy to impress and fool. Showing them some muscles could work wonders. Others may not even care whether you are bragging or not, but simply want to have your muscles. So, saying that it is wrong to show off your muscles in a club has to be denied. I would do this any time if I had some muscles....and my c*** aint small :lol: .

And what is so bad about the advice for young guys to work out? I mean, when they start losing hair they will have to compensate if they want to attract the same level of girls. Working out is a good way to do this. I am the stereotypical guy who is trying to compensate his inferiority complexes (ugliness, hairloss, low selfconfidence.....) by working out.

Pondle

Reaction score
A lot of the girls I know or have known recently (ranging from 19 - 35) are or were distinctly unimpressed with the local steroid freaks. Nothing wrong with being attractively toned, but don't take it too far.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Aplunk, this comment was definetly related to your hair.

To roki and s.a.f, sry, you claim to be experienced with women, but how many women did you have that were not prostitutes? Seriously, how can you say that women are not impressed by a guy showing off his muscles in a club? Roki, afaik most of your women were prostitues, s.a.f the women you know are mostly in their late 20s, early 30s. Yes, these women may not be impressed when you show off your muscles, but what about other women? Young women, particularly those under 20, are easy to impress and fool. Showing them some muscles could work wonders. Others may not even care whether you are bragging or not, but simply want to have your muscles. So, saying that it is wrong to show off your muscles in a club has to be denied. I would do this any time if I had some muscles....and my c*** aint small :lol: .

And what is so bad about the advice for young guys to work out? I mean, when they start losing hair they will have to compensate if they want to attract the same level of girls. Working out is a good way to do this. I am the stereotypical guy who is trying to compensate his inferiority complexes (ugliness, hairloss, low selfconfidence.....) by working out.

hahaha ive slept with 10 girls that werent prostituts, and i didnt say girls were not impressed by muscles you mus havee misread my words
i think quite the opposite!!! and i workout hard to get more muscle
what i did say is that taking of your shirt in a club is not cool and woman definitlly dont like it

s.a.f

Reaction score
Taug its like a girl thinking she cant get a man unless she has huge breast implants and dresses like a wh***. Sure she'll get attention but its not really good attention. Women pay money to go and watch musclebound strippers but trust me no woman would pick one of these pumped up idiots for their ideal mate.

G

s.a.f said:
Taug its like a girl thinking she cant get a man unless she has huge breast implants and dresses like a wh***. Sure she'll get attention but its not really good attention. Women pay money to go and watch musclebound strippers but trust me no woman would pick one of these pumped up idiots for their ideal mate.

Keep in mind, that I am not talking about some roid giants but rather a guy with a low bf and a fine sixpack. And who is talking about the ideal mate? Most guys in a club are just looking for some fun (=sex).

s.a.f

Reaction score
Well if all you want is a one nighter its pretty easy to get.
Why would you take your shirt off in a club other than to show off? That just shows arrogance and vanity. (girls dont think like you do they dont find these traits attractive.)

abcdefg

Reaction score
Here is what I dont get. Why do these guys in these pictures not have mature hairlines? I thought mature hairlines are just a part of nature and is normal? So these guys are defied the laws of nature by keeping all there hair even there "mature hairline" hair? So mother nature messed up?

needs_help9245

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Here is what I dont get. Why do these guys in these pictures not have mature hairlines? I thought mature hairlines are just a part of nature and is normal? So these guys are defied the laws of nature by keeping all there hair even there "mature hairline" hair? So mother nature messed up?

Most people do get them but some don't, just like some people don't go grey when they're older.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Ok, but that doesnt explain why a mature hairline isnt considered male pattern baldness. Its like saying a little grey hair isnt really grey hair until it gets to a certain point we will make up.

s.a.f

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Ok, but that doesnt explain why a mature hairline isnt considered male pattern baldness. Its like saying a little grey hair isnt really grey hair until it gets to a certain point we will make up.

Well thats exactly what people do. If you have only 2% grey hairs on your head no one would say you are grey but if you have 70% grey hairs on your head they will. Its like most people dont consider nw2 or 3 as bald but nw5 or 6 is.

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenicts you are more than right!!!

but let me add that this fact is not limited to old guys.

3 years before, I was a victim of hairloss. My hair was always making me look like #7*^//. Then I had a transplant, I started finasteride and I discovered Dermatch, Hair so Real etc. Today, I look like 20. Because I can have (with the help of the concealers) a head full of hair and create modern styles.

But, let me also say that if you really want to look younger you have also to discover a forum specialized in anti0aging creams and therapies and become experts there too!! And if you think that its a shame for a man to use these products, enjoy your wrinkles!!!
:hairy:

G

HairRebirth said:
But, let me also say that if you really want to look younger you have also to discover a forum specialized in anti0aging creams and therapies and become experts there too!! And if you think that its a shame for a man to use these products, enjoy your wrinkles!!!

links to these forums?

Pondle

Reaction score
JayMan said:
HairRebirth said:

links to these forums?

JayMan you need to join makeupalley.com and check out the notepads by the likes of tetrakis, eurogirl, beethovengirl, nora80 and sunscreenfaq. Do a "member search" then look for each notepad. A wealth of really well-informed material. The girls on makeupalley have a similar thirst for scientific studies as some of hairlosstalk's more august posters!

G

Pondle said:
JayMan said:
HairRebirth said:

links to these forums?

JayMan you need to join makeupalley.com and check out the notepads by the likes of tetrakis, eurogirl, beethovengirl, nora80 and sunscreenfaq. Do a "member search" then look for each notepad. A wealth of really well-informed material. The girls on makeupalley have a similar thirst for scientific studies as some of hairlosstalk's more august posters!

i must admit i am interested in anti-aging creams if there is such a thing. just a simple cream that i could rub on my face once a day or so to prevent the onset of wrinkles. i know the #1 thing to do is wear an adequate sunscreen to prevent photo-aging, and i do this, and i also try to stay out of the sun as much as possible.