Having great hair makes you look really young.....

G

pondle, so just to clarify, this sunblock is fine right? i have heard that sunblock is better than sunscreen because it blocks rays rather than screening them? i didn't know until recently that there was a difference betwen the two. anyway, this one is good?

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... T-0-SEARCH

they also have spf 55 with helioplex but i guess 70 is better since you have to apply it less? how often would you apply the spf 70 if you were out in the sun if you wanted to prevent photoaging? every hour and a half or every 2 or what?

and is this neutrogena product just as good as that anthelios one? it's a lot less expensive and i really don't want to spend a huge amount of cash

plus i just read this:

"Definition: Exposure to ultraviolet light, UVA or UVB, from sunlight accounts for 90% of the symptoms of premature skin aging. Most of the photoaging effects occur by age 20. The amount of damage to the skin caused by the sun is determined by the total lifetime amount of radiation exposure and the person's pigment protection."

Most of it occur by age 20. I'm 23. I don't really have any wrinkles on my face though and have never really gotten more than 4 or 5 bad sunburns in my life which is good. Now I'm very careful about not geting burned or staying out too long.

Pondle

Reaction score
roki said:
cool, thanks alot for the advice, i will defenitlly order it soon it dosent come to be that expesive if you save on moisterizor although id still have to get moisterizor for night time

You should look into a retinoid product for night-time use. You can get them from online pharmacies like UP, Inhouse and Medsmex.

Pondle

Reaction score
JayMan said:
pondle, so just to clarify, this sunblock is fine right? i have heard that sunblock is better than sunscreen because it blocks rays rather than screening them? i didn't know until recently that there was a difference betwen the two. anyway, this one is good?

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... T-0-SEARCH

they also have spf 55 with helioplex but i guess 70 is better since you have to apply it less? how often would you apply the spf 70 if you were out in the sun if you wanted to prevent photoaging? every hour and a half or every 2 or what?

and is this neutrogena product just as good as that anthelios one? it's a lot less expensive and i really don't want to spend a huge amount of cash

thanks

Sunblock vs sunscreen - it's just semantics. They are the same thing. The Neutrogena w/ Helioplex is a good product, apparently - like I say we don't have it down my way in Blighty. I'm not sure of the PPD (anti-UVA) rating of this product but I'm given to understand that the LRP Anthelios SX is slightly better in that regard. I would personally prefer the spf55 to the spf70 because I'm more interested in UVA protection which is not measured by spf (that only covers UVB).

Another product worth checking out would be the new Banana Boat one with Avo-Triplex (http://www.bananaboat.com/products/avotriplex.aspx). I understand it's a rival to Helioplex. You Americans really need the FDA to approve new sunscreens though, the choice in the US is crap compared to Europe, Canada, Asia and Australia.

G

gotcha pondle. why would you prefer spf 55 to spf 70 though? does spf 55 block more uva rays?

also, what do you think of what i pasted above afterward?

""Definition: Exposure to ultraviolet light, UVA or UVB, from sunlight accounts for 90% of the symptoms of premature skin aging. Most of the photoaging effects occur by age 20. The amount of damage to the skin caused by the sun is determined by the total lifetime amount of radiation exposure and the person's pigment protection."

Most of it occur by age 20. I'm 23. I don't really have any wrinkles on my face though and have never really gotten more than 4 or 5 bad sunburns in my life which is good. Now I'm very careful about not geting burned or staying out too long.
_________________"

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pondle said:
roki said:
cool, thanks alot for the advice, i will defenitlly order it soon it dosent come to be that expesive if you save on moisterizor although id still have to get moisterizor for night time

You should look into a retinoid product for night-time use. You can get them from online pharmacies like UP, Inhouse and Medsmex.
i get retin-A 0.05% cream from the pharmecy i think its the best dont you?
i also use super cop from skinbio to fix all the damage i got from the sun as a kid

G

pondle, does retin-a double as an acne reducer too? i recall using retin - a as a teenager when i had acne and it got rid of it. i get maybe one pimple on my face every couple weeks now but it's nothing like it was in high school. any chance that using retin-a as an anti-aging thing will also help keep my skin clear?

i see sites like inhouse sell retin-a:

http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/skin-care/retin-a.html

i think it's a prescription med if i remember correctly. do you think it'd be any cheaper in a us pharmacy than ordering online?

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
...hmm...I have the impression that I transformed a topic on hair loss into a topic on skin care...

:eek:opsblush:

:book:

Pondle

Reaction score
JayMan said:
gotcha pondle. why would you prefer spf 55 to spf 70 though? does spf 55 block more uva rays?

also, what do you think of what i pasted above afterward?

""Definition: Exposure to ultraviolet light, UVA or UVB, from sunlight accounts for 90% of the symptoms of premature skin aging. Most of the photoaging effects occur by age 20. The amount of damage to the skin caused by the sun is determined by the total lifetime amount of radiation exposure and the person's pigment protection."

_________________"

Higher spf's tend to be more substantive. Remember, spf is nothing to do with UVA. It only measures UVB protection. UVA is generally measured by a PPD rating. Or a star rating here in the UK.

As for lifetime exposure, well you can't do anything about exposure when you were younger, but you sure as hell can do something about your exposure from now on. I've seen many posts on makeupalley where people have had good results fading age spots (caused by UV) through regular use of highly protective, photostable sunscreens plus use of a retinoid product in the evenings.

Pondle

Reaction score
JayMan said:
pondle, does retin-a double as an acne reducer too? i recall using retin - a as a teenager when i had acne and it got rid of it. i get maybe one pimple on my face every couple weeks now but it's nothing like it was in high school. any chance that using retin-a as an anti-aging thing will also help keep my skin clear?

i see sites like inhouse sell retin-a:

http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/skin-care/retin-a.html

i think it's a prescription med if i remember correctly. do you think it'd be any cheaper in a us pharmacy than ordering online?

Yep I've bought Retin-A from Inhouse. Not sure whether you can get it cheaper in US pharmacies. Anyways, you'd need an Rx. I buy online to avoid the need for an Rx.

s.a.f

Reaction score
HairRebirth said:
...hmm...I have the impression that I transformed a topic on hair loss into a topic on skin care...

:eek:opsblush:

:book:

Yeah, lets get back on track...

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:

_________________"
i know the answer
yes you have alot of damage done allready on your face you just cant see it yet ,ive read somewhere that you can take a special photo with smth
and see al the future wrinkles you have allready under your skin

Pondle

Reaction score
roki said:
JayMan said:

_________________"
i know the answer
yes you have alot of damage done allready on your face you just cant see it yet ,ive read somewhere that you can take a special photo with smth

True but you can prevent additional future damage, and if you're still in your 20s you have lots of time to do that. What's more you can repair some existing damage with retinoids, which can fade age spots and reduce fine lines.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pondle said:
roki said:
JayMan said:

_________________"
i know the answer

True but you can prevent additional future damage, and if you're still in your 20s you have lots of time to do that. What's more you can repair some existing damage with retinoids, which can fade age spots and reduce fine lines.
and you can repair even more of the damage with srcps

G

roki said:
Pondle said:
roki said:
JayMan said:

_________________"
i know the answer

and you can repair even more of the damage with srcps

what are srcps?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
skin remodelling copper pepptides
in my opinion its the best way to repair the damage we have allredy done
i was very pissed when i realised how much damage ive allready caused to myskin but now i feel quite optimistic and i belive with the help of srcps ill age very very well

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't see any picture Tauctechnics.