Having great hair makes you look really young.....

s.a.f

Reaction score
Rob_x_22 said:
man i been rotflmao reading this post .... ya'll need to get out more ...i may read this site once or twice a week .... and the only thing wrong with you is that you are OBSESSED WITH HAIR ! just put on a freekin hat lol go to a gym ....girls like muscles to u know!

So your saying swap your obsession with hair for an obsession with muscles. It really is becoming a sad sterotype, the balding guy working out like crazy to compensate for his hairloss (how many of them are on here?). Just as pathetic as the whiners really. If you really were confident you'd be able to accept both your hairloss and your non trained body.

barcafan

Reaction score
IBM said:
you talk like that because you dont know what is to be invisible to the world.
How many non strange people crossed with you and pretended that dont know you? Maybe only few.

Well it happens in the majority of time to me. I hate where i am.

well you put yourself there bud. You probably walk around and act all depressed and bored and lonely no one is going to want to talk with you. it's your fault.

IBM

Reaction score
barcafan said:
IBM said:
you talk like that because you dont know what is to be invisible to the world.
How many non strange people crossed with you and pretended that dont know you? Maybe only few.

Well it happens in the majority of time to me. I hate where i am.

well you put yourself there bud. You probably walk around and act all depressed and bored and lonely no one is going to want to talk with you. it's your fault.

My fault? Sorry have you heard about 'respect'? If you talk to people you expect for them to talk to you or at least say hi. Not ignore like they dont know you.

Seriously i'm very nice guy and kind. I know very few people as nice and helpful as i am.
People is equal to sh*t.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
People is equal to $#iT.

Like slipknot said people = sh*t bra.

Listen up, I experienced the exact same you are experiencing. What you need to realize is that most people, if not all, don't give a sh*t about you in the first place. But guess what.... you shouldn't give a sh*t about them either.

My guess is that you are probably one of those guys who walks around and expects people to look at you, smile say hi or whatever. You wait and long for that especially from women. But guess what bro, we all get ignored by women from time to time (or most of the time----I've been there too). I don't know about the rest of the guys here but when I used to go to University I used to get ignored A LOT. And thats because I was waiting for people to approach me. What you need to do is take initiative. From what I have read from you, you seem as if you prefer to wait for the attention rather than taking the initiative to interact.

If you want a smile, approach a girl, smile and start a conversation, not just walk by past her expecting to be recognized. Realize other people have tons of crap in their mind and aren't probably thinking about you, so in a sense, yes people = sh*t, but we all equal sh*t, so learn to deal with it.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh and I almost forgot. When it comes to negativity women sniff that like dogs. Once they perceive your obvious insecurity you are going to put them off. And I know what I'm saying because it has happened to me. TONS of times because of my insecurities, but slowly I'm starting to learn that my body language and grooming need to inspire confidence. You should try to do that too.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
My guess is that you are probably one of those guys who walks around and expects people to look at you, smile say hi or whatever. You wait and long for that especially from women. But guess what bro, we all get ignored by women from time to time (or most of the time----I've been there too). I don't know about the rest of the guys here but when I used to go to University I used to get ignored A LOT. And thats because I was waiting for people to approach me. What you need to do is take initiative. From what I have read from you, you seem as if you prefer to wait for the attention rather than taking the initiative to interact.

Great post. IBM, read this 10 times.

IBM - Have you taken the initiative yet to seek help per your previous post? Have you made an appointment?

IBM

Reaction score
Nathaniel said:

You joking right? Imagine a person that you had lunchs or helped him and then you cross again after some months and he/she doesnt even say hi? We're not talking about the same things.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
IBM said:
You joking right? Imagine a person that you had lunchs or helped him and then you cross again after some months and he/she doesnt even say hi? We're not talking about the same things.

That's your problem IBM. You expect someone you had lunch with months ago to run up to you and tell you how much they've missed you. Hell, I don't even remember who I had lunch with weeks ago let alone months. It just doesn't work like that. Why did you allow months to go by without contacting this person (assuming you wanted to be friends or otherwise)?

Pondle

Reaction score
IBM said:

Some people are just like that. It doesn't mean you have to turn into a social hermit. :roll:

IBM

Reaction score
Pondle said:
IBM said:

Some people are just like that. It doesn't mean you have to turn into a social hermit. :roll:

Then i've met of lot of 'some people'. And its not coincidence. My brother also complained about the same and also a women, friend of my brother, that is from Africa.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
Nathaniel said:

Yes! EXACTLY. It has happened to me MANY times before. Specially at University. People I had classes with, people I studied with. And it happened because they have tons of other crap on their heads to even look at you. Another reason is because they are also shy or insecure and feel ackward saying hi after "a few monsths". People are like that, they don't care. Its not about you being ugly, me being ugly, its about them also feeling insecure. This is when you tell yourself: Ok, I have been ignored by this chick, I'm I interested in her or not? If the answer is no, then you say "f*** it" and move on, but if the answer is yes you let her know you are there. Start the conversation, it will be 10x easier since like you said, you already know this person and starting a conversation is way easier.

Rob_x_22

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah what he said ^^^^^

and dood there are things that girls like to see in a guy other then hair !

G

asa846 said:
What I despise most about the posts of people like Taug is the advice offered to other people's story threads, picture threads etc. It's one thing to wallow in your own self pity - that's absolutely fine, I couldn't care less. It's another thing however to offer other members (particularly a great deal of vulnerable younger members who are only just experiencing some loss coming to the site) really truly f****ing awful advice. I mean really f****ing awful. I'm a relatively new member to this particular site, (have frequented many others over the years though) but it doesn't take much to trawl back through recent threads to see many instances in this regard. This quote is from Taug offered to a clear NW1/1.5 case who barely has any loss (to the sane eye at least):

"I have to be honest about your hair though: Sure, it doesn´t look dramatic, yet, but these people who claim to not see any male pattern baldness are either blind or have no idea what they are talking about it. Even if you ignore the temple recession and call it a "mature hairline" you can easily see the classical male pattern baldness thinning at the crown. I would have spotted you at Uni in a second."

What a truly obnoxious piece of advice to give somebody, I presume in an effort to drag them down somewhere close to your own level of worthlessness? It's totally uncalled for. I expect you to cower behind the defence that you are offering your own opinion like everybody else, yet it's rarely constructive and by most accounts utterly wrong. You need counseling probably more than anyone else I've ever seen posting to a balding forum, I don't expect that you will heed this advice however.

I am struggling words to describe your post. The best ones I can find are censored here......

First of all, I didn´t give this advice to a "young, vulnerable" member but to Aplunk who is a hairloss veteran and has more than 3000 posts. Though this doesn´t make a big difference to me, I tell the truth to everyone.

Second, Aplunk is never, never a "clear Norwood 1/1.5". He is at least a Norwood 2, I would say he is a Norwood 2.5. His hairloss is very obvious to those with a trained eye (you aren´t one of them.....)

Third, the reason why I choose so drastic words is that the posters before me where telling stupid sh*t such as they can´t see any hair loss. I think it is my moral duty to step in when people are being fooled in such an obvious way.

Fourth, calling my opinion "utterly wrong" is more sh*t. Anyone who considers Aplunk near a NW1 has proven how much he knows about hairloss and hence is "utterly wrong".

You know I see this as a general problem in this forum. People are not interested in telling the truth but rather to make the others feel better. To me this is not the point of this forum. This is exactly why I don´t believe people when they are telling me that I am normal looking. But then again, they compare me to old men and yes, seen like that I am not ugly......

Pondle

Reaction score
IBM said:
Pondle said:
IBM said:

Then i've met of lot of 'some people'. And its not coincidence. My brother also complained about the same and also a women, friend of my brother, that is from Africa.

No-one owes you anything, IBM. You have to take the initiative to find like-minded people and make friends. Unless you put yourself "out there" you'll never get anywhere.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="Rob_x_22":c2a70]man i been rotflmao reading this post .... ya'll need to get out more ...i may read this site once or twice a week .... and the only thing wrong with you is that you are OBSESSED WITH HAIR ! just put on a freekin hat lol go to a gym ....girls like muscles to u know!

So your saying swap your obsession with hair for an obsession with muscles. It really is becoming a sad sterotype, the balding guy working out like crazy to compensate for his hairloss (how many of them are on here?). Just as pathetic as the whiners really.[/quote:c2a70]
there's nothing pathetic about it, if anything i would call it admireable
nothing wrong with improving yourself especially when other parts of you are rotting away (hair,skin, etc)
its healthy, it looks good, it feels good
why does it matter if your doing it to compensate or not?

s.a.f

Reaction score
So why is it that some people on here will run down somebody for attempting to do something about hairloss (eg using toppic or getting a hair transplant) and then in the same paragraph advise them to start working out purely for cosmetic reasons. Is'nt this a bit hypocritical?

Women are well aware of a guy who is only interested in working out not for health or sports reasons but just to try and attract them and it shows that he is lacking in confidence or some other area if he feels he has to build himself up to try and compensate.

I once heard a girl talking to her freinds say "if I see a guy in a club taking off his shirt to show his muscles I just know he's got a small c***"

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i agree with the girl,taking of youy shirt at a club is no good.
hair transplant is ok and toppik is ok too ,as you know looks matters.
a balding out of shape guy is not a pretty sight, on the other hand massive guys often look good with a shaved head
the health and generakl well being benefits should not be left out even if they were not the primarey reason for staryting to work out.
you say its pathetic?, i think a balding out of shape guy is alot more pathetic then one with a killer body.
we all have out obssesions it might as well be something healthy.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i agree with the girl, taking off your shirt at a club is no good.
hair transplant is ok and toppik is ok too ,as you know looks matters.
a balding out of shape guy is not a pretty sight, on the other hand massive guys often look good with a shaved head
the health and general well being benefits should not be left out even if they were not the primarey reason for starting to work out.
you say its pathetic?, i think a balding out of shape guy is alot more pathetic then one with a killer body.
we all have our obssesions it might as well be something healthy.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong I've nothing against anybody wanting to get in shape wether they're bald or not but it is worrying to see so many young guys feel that they need to have abs and 17" arms to get a girl to like them. Girls can realise that their building muscles is a way of compensating for feeling inadequate. Really a bald guy should'nt be pathetic wether he has a good or a bad body thats why I dont like to see newbies constantly being advised to go build some muscles like its their only chance of getting anywher with women.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
IBM said:
Taug I'm one of the guys that have no problems in evaluate man in sexual terms. I understand why women love Beckham or Brad Pitt. These guys could shave their heads and yet not loose their good looking. Both have fantastic appearance.

Also i understand why women love Clooney. Not for his appearance but for his stillness, confidence and style. He dresses very well (see money is important in life). He can gave the most stupid order or say the most stupid thing and people wont question about it.
But if he was a furnisher deliver women would spit on him with no remorse.

You're not atractive. You dont have potential of a Beckham or Brad Pitt. You're far from them. But you're not ugly. Maybe a 5 in 10 where 10 is Brad Pitt and 1 is old drunk man.

By your look and style only girls with social phobia and paranoia will attach to you.

You said you have lots of money... If I were you i would buy some expensive clothes and go to expensive bars and restaurants.

apart from the fact you posted a whole load of what we refer to in England as Bollocks! ..........the '1 is old drunk man' is quite possibly the funniest thing ive heard all year!

Taug-you aint ugly,work on ya attitude........i really wouldnt listen to roki or IBM ,its like playschool sometimes in here.