Has Anyone Heard Or Bought From Quiff And Co? Ultimate Modern Toupee

UKGamer92

My Regimen
Reaction score
My sources are telling me that they are no longer answering phones, or taking appointments. Your £1,000 won't go to waste if you have a system that works for you, anyone can do your maintenance for you if you don't yourself.

I can ping you with another reputable source for systems in the UK.

Steve

I haven't even received my hair piece yet though, that's the worrying part. :(

UKGamer92

My Regimen
Reaction score
QUIFF AND CO HAS DISSOLVED!

I did some digging into the company and they dissolved on the 4th of this month....I wonder how many people's money they took!
I'm getting my money refunded today but the bank said if the accountant can show that it's all fine, they can take the money back.....unlikely without false documents!

Thieving buggers!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thing is. Their website is still live...I wonder if people have used to and paid them. :(

It's as if the owners dropped off the face of the earth. The whole thing sounds weird... I mean, in this business, how do you get yourself into trouble like this? Where did all the money go?

Strange...

Taxew

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi I am new and also looking places to visit to get my hair done, especially in England as I live close to Belfast. Could you pm me too? Thanks.
Hi Koga

You're right; there is a lot of misinformation out there, some of it deliberate and some the result of genuine ignorance or failure to keep up with developing technology. Hair replacement is a very strange industry, and the reason is the imbalance of information. If you were buying an electric drill or a barbecue you might ask the guys you work with or your drinking pals what they have, what they paid, whether it was a good product, where you could get the best deal. Men don't do that with hair replacements. Consequently customers don't know what is out there, what the state of the art is, what they should be paying etc., and the suppliers are not subject to the normal pressures of the market. Guys go with the first place they find, and they tend to stay there. The suppliers are not forced to compete with the competition, to keep up with developments in technology, and to provide great customer service. But the anonymity of the internet is gradually putting that right, redressing the information imbalance, and I hope in a small way the guys on this forum are contributing to that.

What should I look out for?

For hair replacement salons I would say 2 things: (1) somewhere that is going to give you a product that fits your needs as opposed to their their business model; and (2) somewhere that is going to educate and empower you to look after your own hair system and to be as independent as you want to be, and is not seeking to keep you dependent on them for everything. On issue (1), a lot of salons offer basically one product, which is usually a stock silicone-based system, which they cut down to size and glue on your head. Apart from the colour match, there is no customisation, and no choice. That often, although not invariably, goes with issue (2) - you are expected to return to the salon every month for them to maintain your system, and you get no support or education as to how manage by yourself. But generally, just go and talk to them, get the vibe, see the pictures, maybe talk to a customer or two who is wearing their product and just see if you would be happy with it on yourself.

What is a realistic budget to be able to live with an undetectable hair piece?

I would say you can realistically can do it for US$ 750 a year. Some of the cost is front-end loaded, because you have to buy a particular product, but it will last for years.

Are the online services by which you have to measure your own head a good choice, e.g. Quiff?

I think so (although Quiff itself is overpriced). Some people would say get help from a salon first, and then when you know what it is all about you can switch to an on-line provider. That makes sense too, provided you have access to a good salon. But I also know a lot of guys who did their own measurements and went with an on-line supplier from day 1, almost always very successfully. It's really not hard. One counterintuitive factor is that the good on-line suppliers are actually providing a significantly better quality products than most of the salons.

How does an online vendor match your existing hair on the sides and back?

You send a hair sample with your order. If you have different colours on different areas of your head, you can design your system with that feature too, and send several samples.

And which are the best vendors?

I prefer not to comment about individual named suppliers on the public board, so I will PM you about this.

Noah

1siders1

Reaction score
Hi!

Also looking for recommendations (@Noah and @BaldBearded, would love to hear your thoughts). Old customer, though (it's going to be 6 years). I can share my experience:
  • Started using HairSolution (Spanish provider). Really good cut-ins and hair quality. Only problem: they started rising their prices because of the high demand.
  • Moved to Northwest Lace (NWL). Eric is the best guy ever. Really happy with the systems. Main concern: the hair is not as "all terrain" as HairSolution (i.e., with the same products and maintenance, I get way more tangling with NWL than with HairSolution. In fact, I was not getting any tangling at all with HairSolution).
I am thinking about ordering European hair from NWL, but I wanted to check for other providers too. I feel in a "research phase" again.

I have also heard good things about Lordhair and Tsintaowigs.

Thank you!!

Unfortunately bald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Y’all seem to know your business!

I’m going bald and I’ve done nothing about it. I saw the Quiff ad and I got really interested and googled Quiff alternative and I got this thread.

I’m really interested in where to buy online and how to apply and all that.

Also, I’m kinda interested in knowing how using these tops have affected you guys, not only Noah and Steve but like all y’all. Like, did this boost ego or confidence? Attract more attention? And stuff.

Thanks for your devotion to this thread. I believe it actually helps!

Regards, Ben.

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
definitely a confidence boost. especially when you got used to being bald and you forgot how you could even look like with hair
there are many pros but also few cons.
Overall it improved my life

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes the thing is I look so much worse without hair. Much older etc.

I'm happy to have it again. I'm largely not too fussed it people know though.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My understanding of Quiff is they use all the same products and systems as any other company but charge crazy prices.

Let's look at what they offer, "full design & template" £2,000. I went to a London company and paid £495 which included a starter kit, a system and the full installation and template. I mean, what are they doing for £1,505 extra? Nothing. It's just price gouging.
2000 pounds/? wow. I never heard of them though

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes the thing is I look so much worse without hair. Much older etc.

I'm happy to have it again. I'm largely not too fussed it people know though.
I don't care either. my brothers friend cornered me not too long ago and demanded to know what doctor I went to. I was not sure what the hell he was talking about and walked away