Has Anyone Heard Or Bought From Quiff And Co? Ultimate Modern Toupee

Michael Fernandes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah,

I'm 25 and for the past 3-4 years i've had to conceal my receding hairline, which takes me roughly 25-30 minutes every morning for work. It's an issue that has plagued me for a long while and It's exhausting to have to base my day around my hair - I've almost had a Brittany moment and shaved it all off a few times but never had the balls! Anyway I've done all the research and read the forumn - I live in the UK, could you recommend some places or provide me any information I may need? I'm also quite an active person.

Your help is appreciated.

Kdexy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Danny

This is an absolutely standard lace hair system. All the wearers who post on this board, including me, are wearing something pretty much identical to this. The only distinguishing feature (apart from the price) is that he is a handsome young guy and he takes the piece off on camera so that you can see how it works. It's just a good piece of viral marketing. Stevie's piece is not even that great - for my money the front hairline looks a bit too dense and wiggy.

You can get the very same system, with a better more realistic hairline, for around US$250 from any if 3 or 4 vendors.

Noah
Could you share the vendors that you prefer? I am just now looking into this and had quiff suggested to me, it seemed very expensive, especially not knowing if I will like it. I’m almost 50 and wear a hard hat to work daily, can I even wear a hairpiece like this?

Goldie Locks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @Noah,
Is there a chance you could forward me also some UK based suppliers of European hair systems please? I'm having issues with my current provider and struggling to find someone reputable.
Thanks in advance!

Goldie Locks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Goldie have you tried Richard at Ukhairsystems?

I haven't. Might send him an email. I'm already wearing a system so I'm quite specific on what I need in terms of colour, hairline shape and base. Would you recommend them?
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@grincher uses him and I have bought 1 piece too, which I haven't used yet but it looks and feels like good quality. He can do any spec but the usual 3 month wait applies for production.

You will of course need to have your own stylist lined up to fit/cut

Pulley

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me the biggest nuisance about wearing a system is not physical; it is having to think ahead and plan. You have to be thinking about when your system will be worn out, so that you have a replacement in time, and if you use a custom unit (as I do) the lead time for getting a replacement is 2 months. And if you are slightly a*** about it (as I am) you have to be prepared in case the factory makes a mess of the new system and its unwearable (that is very rare, but I am not willing to take the chance). And you have to make sure you always have adequate supplies of alcohol and adhesive. If you are travelling you need to make sure you are taking enough supplies for the trip, and if you are sharing accommodation you have to think about how you will have privacy to maintain the unit, or how you will fix it so it doesn't need maintenance for the duration of the trip. Of course, all these things are easier if you have a bit of spare money, and eventually you get into a routine. I travel a lot for work, and now I have that aspect off very slick.

The problems you mentioned are not really an issue, at least for me. Once the unit is on I can forget it's there. The base is virtually weightless, and doesn't retain heat or sweat, so the feeling is pretty much like having your natural hair regrow. The only times I can really feel it is if I am awake and lying down with my head on a pillow. That position tugs the base a bit and you can feel a slight tension in the adhesive, which reminds you it's there. These comments only apply to lace systems. I don't find skin to be as comfortable.

Hygiene is not an issue at all. The notion that systems are smelly or unhygienic comes from the Hair Club technique, where a thick impermeable system is glued on for a month at a time. I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone to do that.

I personally have never suffered from itch, but some guys do. If you are doing regular maintenance on your system to keep it hygienic, itch is usually a sign of a slight allergic reaction to the adhesive you are using. It may be made worse by wet shaving the area under the system, which can cause little invisible nicks in the skin. Buzzing with an electric razor is better. Usually itching can be solved just by changing adhesives, or if necessary using scalp protector liquid.

Some of the on-line companies have what they describe as an "exercise base" system, which is basically a lace system with poly or thinskin patches placed strategically around it so that you can put plenty of strong tape on it for added security. That gives you the best of both worlds for exercise - lots of strong adhesion, but also a very lightweight breathable piece. The adhesives made for hair systems, particularly the tapes, are extremely strong. The system would tear before the tape would give way. The adhesive manufacturers are aware of guys' paranoia about their systems slipping or coming off, and the good news is that that problem has been decisively solved.

Noah
Thanks for that info Noah! Could you send me a PM with your other suggestions, please and thank you!

Noah

Reaction score
Sincere apologies to the guys who wrote to me recently. I have been trapped for the last 6 weeks on a job in a really remote place, where the Internet coverage would come for 5 minutes and then fade out for 4 hours. I have a big backlog of stuff to answer, but I will try to do so in the next few days.

Noah

Horatio

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello @Noah, I just became a member and would like to know if you have any tips for hair system providers in Oslo, Norway or anywhere in Scandinavia? I’m so bored with the thaught of having the same monk or buzz haircut for the rest of my days, and would love to try this hair system thing.

Thank in advance for your help! You are really doing a fantastic job!

Horatio

Myles440

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @Noah, I just became a member after finding you via reviews search on google. I’m located in the US. Could you send me your vendor recco.? After reading through this clearly you know what you’re talking about!

Kezz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah. I am also a newbie and would like to start wearing hairpiece to get my confidence back. By the way, I am from Philippines. Hope you could give me advices on which vendors offer good hairpieces and maybe advice on what hairpiece may look the best for Asian like me. Thank you for your help.

learnlearnfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah,
I was wondering if you could send me the same information as other users. I’m looking into getting a hair piece but also confused by all of the different companies. I live in Hong Kong, any info you have been passing on about good vendors and suppliers which provides international shipping. Thanks Noah!

Don_Adams

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah,
I've been going to a salon and buying hair for many years because they have been great. About a year ago, the original owners sold out and the new owner has drastically raised prices and the service now is terrible. I've been using a system with 20% gray, a lace front, poly sides and back attached with tape because I don't like to sleep in it. I tried a 'thin skin' unit a couple of years ago and while the look was great, the glue itched like crazy and since I sweat a lot when working out, the sweat trickling out from under the unit was a real problem for me.

That being said, I'm thinking about ordering a unit with lace front, poly sides/back, 20% gray, B front and ???

For the first time, I'm considering buying a hairpiece online and would greatly appreciate some recommendations. I am in Texas.

burner4uandforme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah,

I'm growing my hair out for a system - zeroing on an approach. Honestly I want to do it all myself except for the cut-in, but that's the challenge - I've found some pricey replacement salons, but they only cut in their own stuff, which as you can imagine is hugely marked up (think $800). I've been clipping my own hair for about 6 years so I don't have "a guy" to go to. Any standard starter tips you can offer, I would greatly appreciate. Thanks either way!!!

Mike

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah,

I'm growing my hair out for a system - zeroing on an approach. Honestly I want to do it all myself except for the cut-in, but that's the challenge - I've found some pricey replacement salons, but they only cut in their own stuff, which as you can imagine is hugely marked up (think $800). I've been clipping my own hair for about 6 years so I don't have "a guy" to go to. Any standard starter tips you can offer, I would greatly appreciate. Thanks either way!!!

Mike

It really depends on the cut you are trying to achieve. I re-cut the last two systems that I have, myself.

Dannie Prato

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah,

I see you’re giving references for hair piece companies. I am in the market and was considering Quiff but would love to know of others.

Thanks so much