Has Anyone Heard Or Bought From Quiff And Co? Ultimate Modern Toupee

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Danny

This is an absolutely standard lace hair system. All the wearers who post on this board, including me, are wearing something pretty much identical to this. The only distinguishing feature (apart from the price) is that he is a handsome young guy and he takes the piece off on camera so that you can see how it works. It's just a good piece of viral marketing. Stevie's piece is not even that great - for my money the front hairline looks a bit too dense and wiggy.

You can get the very same system, with a better more realistic hairline, for around US$250 from any if 3 or 4 vendors.

Noah

danny99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Danny

This is an absolutely standard lace hair system. All the wearers who post on this board, including me, are wearing something pretty much identical to this. The only distinguishing feature (apart from the price) is that he is a handsome young guy and he takes the piece off on camera so that you can see how it works. It's just a good piece of viral marketing. Stevie's piece is not even that great - for my money the front hairline looks a bit too dense and wiggy.

You can get the very same system, with a better more realistic hairline, for around US$250 from any if 3 or 4 vendors.

Noah
Thank you Noah, I've lurked on these forums past week or so and seen your other posts you seem like a knowledgable cool dude. This hair is to me awesome, but would you know the proper specs if I was to order it from another vendor? The lace type, density, etc etc? I am a complete newbie and dont know how to replicate Stevie's wig type

edit: I've lots of good things about Northwest lace, but I have little idea how to fill out their custom form to match a piece like Stevie's?

Base requested (French Lace, Swiss Lace, Thinskin, etc):
Hair Length:
Graduated Hairline?
Hair Density (SEE DENSITY SCALE AT BOTTOM OF PAGE):
Curl (Bodywave, Straight Hair, Etc):
Ventilation/Style (Freestyle, Flatback, Center Crown, etc):
Bleached knots at hairline and exposed areas such as parts or crowns:

Send Order Info

Last edited:

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Danny, that's understandable and normal, but the guys who run these businesses (Eric in the case if NWL) are there to give you that help. He wears a piece himself, and is very easy to deal with. I would say Stevie's specs are:

Base requested - Swiss Lace
Hair Length - standard length
Graduated Hairline - no (but if you want a more realistic hairline than Stevie - yes)
Hair Density - 100
Curl - bodywave
Ventilation/Style - Freestyle
Bleached knots at hairline and exposed areas such as parts or crowns - yes

levi80

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Danny, that's understandable and normal, but the guys who run these businesses (Eric in the case if NWL) are there to give you that help. He wears a piece himself, and is very easy to deal with. I would say Stevie's specs are:

Base requested - Swiss Lace
Hair Length - standard length
Graduated Hairline - no (but if you want a more realistic hairline than Stevie - yes)
Hair Density - 100
Curl - bodywave
Ventilation/Style - Freestyle
Bleached knots at hairline and exposed areas such as parts or crowns - yes
Noah you definitely have knowledge, i read your comments. Can you specify a couple of quality vendors. I`m a new member.

levi80

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been researching various forums, Noah your answers are definitely the best of all. I have couple of questions for you.

Noah

Reaction score
Are you asking whether standard lace hair systems are available in the US? If so, the answer is yes - the US probably has the highest density of male hair system wearers in the world, and obviously also the highest density of male hair system providers.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Hi Danny

Noah
and these 3 or 4 would be northwestlace, hairdirect and toplace? anything else i should consider?

peterlockh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Levi - I will drop you a PM
Hi I am completely new to this and want to try it, so you are saying there is other companies doing what "Quiff and Co." is doing but for cheaper. Please specify some quality vendors if you can. Much appreciated.

peterlockh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quiff and co and a few others seem to be the only thing I can find online for hairpieces that are durable and waterproof. I am wondering if it is a better idea to go to a hair restoration shop or will i be better off with an online store. Thanks

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Peter

"Waterproof" is to do with the adhesives; not the hairpiece. Durability is to do with the hairpiece, but it is inversely proportional to undetectability. The most undetectable hair systems are also the finest and most fragile. So durability is a matter of finding a balance between fineness and undetectability on one hand and durability on the other. Despite the claims that are made, the reality is that a fine lace system (which is the most undetectable type for everyday wear) is going to last about 3 - 6 months. Obviously it partly depends how your treat it and how much you are willing to wear a unit which is maybe a little past its best.

You can achieve as good or better result by going DIY as you will get in a salon, simply because you care more about your own appearance than a salon does. But obviously the salon takes away some of the research work and can give you support as you get into something new.

Noah

ylang

My Regimen
Reaction score
My understanding of Quiff is they use all the same products and systems as any other company but charge crazy prices.

Let's look at what they offer, "full design & template" £2,000. I went to a London company and paid £495 which included a starter kit, a system and the full installation and template. I mean, what are they doing for £1,505 extra? Nothing. It's just price gouging.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
From everyone I have spoken to, it's ALL marketing. They are going for the hip, younger guy. What they WON'T do is talk to you without an appointment, and the wait to get an appointment, onsite is six months... and their results are .. meh.

Mick2370

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been losing my hair since my early 30s. I’m actually ok with it now. I now go with the completely bald look. If I was going to let it grow now, it would be the full on Monk look. Although I don’t mind at all being bald, I would LOVE to have “hair” again. That being said I was wondering if the “forum expert and know it all” Noah would be so kind as to pm me with the companies that offer the quiff at a much cheaper price and any tips that you might think helpful when ordering or shopping. Thank you in advance.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Mick, sorry for the delay replying - I was out of town for work and couldn't access my account. Just sent you the same info as I gave Levi.

Noah