Has Anyone Heard Or Bought From Quiff And Co? Ultimate Modern Toupee

Wintermute0

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noah! Looking for the same information as the rest of the crowd here. Would you mind sending when you get a chance?
Only using Toppik at the moment, though I know it's only a matter of time before that won't suffice. I'm in the New Orleans area if that makes any difference on suggestions. I'm open to any and all help/info you can provide for a newbie. Thanks! Like everyone else has said, you're a big help here, sir.

babab

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sent you a PM Kocappy.
hi Noah
i still have a few questions for you. wearing a wig with glue/tape for every day, how does that make you feel? how about the hygiene problem? does that inch you? annoy you?(too sweaty, too hot,and ances on the scalp) is there any wig that's for atheletic type of people(boxing, running and swimming)? is there any good adhesive out there? thank you so much

Noah

Reaction score
For me the biggest nuisance about wearing a system is not physical; it is having to think ahead and plan. You have to be thinking about when your system will be worn out, so that you have a replacement in time, and if you use a custom unit (as I do) the lead time for getting a replacement is 2 months. And if you are slightly a*** about it (as I am) you have to be prepared in case the factory makes a mess of the new system and its unwearable (that is very rare, but I am not willing to take the chance). And you have to make sure you always have adequate supplies of alcohol and adhesive. If you are travelling you need to make sure you are taking enough supplies for the trip, and if you are sharing accommodation you have to think about how you will have privacy to maintain the unit, or how you will fix it so it doesn't need maintenance for the duration of the trip. Of course, all these things are easier if you have a bit of spare money, and eventually you get into a routine. I travel a lot for work, and now I have that aspect off very slick.

The problems you mentioned are not really an issue, at least for me. Once the unit is on I can forget it's there. The base is virtually weightless, and doesn't retain heat or sweat, so the feeling is pretty much like having your natural hair regrow. The only times I can really feel it is if I am awake and lying down with my head on a pillow. That position tugs the base a bit and you can feel a slight tension in the adhesive, which reminds you it's there. These comments only apply to lace systems. I don't find skin to be as comfortable.

Hygiene is not an issue at all. The notion that systems are smelly or unhygienic comes from the Hair Club technique, where a thick impermeable system is glued on for a month at a time. I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone to do that.

I personally have never suffered from itch, but some guys do. If you are doing regular maintenance on your system to keep it hygienic, itch is usually a sign of a slight allergic reaction to the adhesive you are using. It may be made worse by wet shaving the area under the system, which can cause little invisible nicks in the skin. Buzzing with an electric razor is better. Usually itching can be solved just by changing adhesives, or if necessary using scalp protector liquid.

Some of the on-line companies have what they describe as an "exercise base" system, which is basically a lace system with poly or thinskin patches placed strategically around it so that you can put plenty of strong tape on it for added security. That gives you the best of both worlds for exercise - lots of strong adhesion, but also a very lightweight breathable piece. The adhesives made for hair systems, particularly the tapes, are extremely strong. The system would tear before the tape would give way. The adhesive manufacturers are aware of guys' paranoia about their systems slipping or coming off, and the good news is that that problem has been decisively solved.

Noah

Last edited:

Wolf1982

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah
I recently began growing my hair out in interest of filling in the gaps with the Quiff product. I became interested in Quiff due to my active life style (I swim 1 hr 3x weekly) and enjoy traveling for 2-4 weeks at a time. After going thru this thread I'm now leaning towards the One Head Hair system as it looks solid and they have a location in commuting distance in Los Angeles.

However, Noah if you could share with me some of your recommended options I am very interested to compare and find the best fit for me. I am interested in the Lace systems or perhaps these exercise base system you described in your last post.

Last do you have an resources on recommended care? I'd like to make sure I can account for having and extra unit on hand at all times as well tape/alcohol/glue etc.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Wolfman, I will send you my usual info by PM. Any decent hair system will accommodate the lifestyle you mention. Definitely lace is the best choice (in my view) for the active guy.

Here is my list of things you will need or might find useful to maintain a system:

Must haves:

- Adhesives - there are thousands of variants. I use Walkers No-Shine tape for the back and sides of my piece, and usually Davlyn Black glue for the hairline. I also use Walkers 3-mil tape for the hairline when I need an extra-strong hold. It is the only tape which is undetectable enough for an exposed hairline. Tip: if you are buying tape, always buy the curved contour strips and not the rolls. They are a bit more expensive, but they have backing paper on both sides. The roll tape only has backing paper on one side, so it sticks to everything - fingers, scissors, hair, itself - and you end up throwing half of it away.

- 99% isopropyl alcohol - useful for installing, detaching and cleaning the piece. Buy it in bulk from DIY stores or pharmacies. Or use one of the proprietary brands like C22. When you soak the base to get old tape off, put the alcohol in a shallow dish, then press the base down into the alcohol to submerge it, but keep the hair out as much as you can.

- A squeezable bottle with a long narrow nozzle (like an American mustard bottle). Allows you to soak the base of the system with alcohol without getting it on the hair, when you are detaching.

- A bottle with a spritz nozzle - you can spray a light mist of alcohol on your head to delay the adhesive setting. It gives you a few seconds to get your system into the perfect position when you are attaching it.

- Mirror - ideally a well-lit wall mirror plus a big hand-held mirror

- A brush or comb with blunt teeth, to avoid snagging the base

- Shampoo - any mild shampoo is OK. Choose one 'for processed hair'

- Conditioner - choose a good quality one. I use American Crew.

- Leave-in conditioner with sunscreen - a must for daily use. Get one with SPF 30 or higher.

- Some spring clips - for keeping the unattached part of the system out of the way when you are putting on glue

- towelling sweat band to stop alcohol getting in your eyes.

- Colour-correcting shampoo or conditioner for correcting any sun damage to the hair colour.

- Knot sealer - will increase the longevity of your system

A few nice-to-haves:

- Scalp protector - a clear barrier liquid to prevent irritation of the scalp, or to stop sweat interfering with your bond

- A polystyrene wig head - for putting tape on the system, or drying it after washing

- small sharp scissors (e.g. nail scissors) for cutting tape to size, trimming excess lace etc.

- Detangler

- A lockable box to keep your supplies and spare systems in, if you are concerned to keep your hair-wearing private.

Noah

James Reid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Danny

This is an absolutely standard lace hair system. All the wearers who post on this board, including me, are wearing something pretty much identical to this. The only distinguishing feature (apart from the price) is that he is a handsome young guy and he takes the piece off on camera so that you can see how it works. It's just a good piece of viral marketing. Stevie's piece is not even that great - for my money the front hairline looks a bit too dense and wiggy.

You can get the very same system, with a better more realistic hairline, for around US$250 from any if 3 or 4 vendors.

Noah
Hi Noah,

Im losing lots of hair mostly in the front head. I have searched where to buy hair piece and it seems q&co is the most popular but the price is way too expensive. Please I need you recommendations where can i buy them for a fair price. Thanks!

Noah

Reaction score
Hi James. It sounds like you could probably make do for now with just a front partial system. I will PM you the usual thoughts about suppliers.

Noah

Jackcnd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Done, Xyz.
Hi Noah, I hate to be one more person to bug you about this, but could you please provide me with info you have provided others? I live in the east coast of Canada, so if you know of good vendors in the area, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

SimplyFitness

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a new member so I can't PM people just yet.

Noah, could you pass that information to me as well? Thanks!

mike-3103

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Noah, brand new member here. I found this thread researching quiff and co hair pieces and They seem unreasonable priced. As what I’ve gathered from this is that there are tons of other options which was great to hear! I live in Canada and I’m hoping you could share some of the places and knowledge with me as well.
Thanks so much

Hi Noah!

I am in the same situation as the post I’m quoting. I live in Canada and I’m looking for a supplier of virgin European hair systems. Willing to pay in the following currencies: CAD, USD, or Australia \ New Zealand if anything from there. Thanks so much! Your help is greatly appreciated.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
- small sharp scissors (e.g. nail scissors) for cutting tape to size, trimming excess lace etc.

I was trying to find these in a local store but wasn't sure which are best for cutting skin or lace bases. Can someone please post a link to a pair of scissors that they can recommend for this?

lace

Reaction score

I was trying to find these in a local store but wasn't sure which are best for cutting skin or lace bases. Can someone please post a link to a pair of scissors that they can recommend for this?

Look up "cuticle scissors." Available everywhere. They work perfectly for cutting lace. I use regular scissor for cutting tape. But cuticle scissors should also work. Make sure you clean the scissors with alcohol frequently if you cut tape.

LucasMSP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah! Sorry to be late to the hair party but I am also interested in the system you are suggesting instead of quiff and co. This will be my first go at it and I am hoping to find a perfect fit right away. Sounds like you have solid knowledge and it’s a pretty scary step to take IMHO. Would you share with me your suggested piece? I think I need a “topper” from the front to the crown. Thank you so much in advance!

Logan895

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah,

Much like all the others I came across this thread and am looking into trying out a HP, can you please send me the same info? I am based in the US.

Thanks in advance!

Eugene Li

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Danny

This is an absolutely standard lace hair system. All the wearers who post on this board, including me, are wearing something pretty much identical to this. The only distinguishing feature (apart from the price) is that he is a handsome young guy and he takes the piece off on camera so that you can see how it works. It's just a good piece of viral marketing. Stevie's piece is not even that great - for my money the front hairline looks a bit too dense and wiggy.

You can get the very same system, with a better more realistic hairline, for around US$250 from any if 3 or 4 vendors.

Noah

Hello Noah,

First of all, thank you so much for sharing information and I found that you helped out a lot of people with thinning hair. I also am completely new here and could you kindly share me about affordable options on lace hair systems and all that I should know. It would be great if there is any place you know in area of Vancouver, BC. Canada.
Thanks again!