Hairmax Lasercomb Results

jcosta

Reaction score
I would suppose it may depend on the strength of the laser but I'm just guessing. I did note that in the case of Hairmax, the instructions in the booklet were different from what the customer service rep said which was 3 times a week. You may want to call you customer service rep for your product and see what he or she says.

Hairmax does have a cheaper comb which requires more time using it so this may be your same situation. I hope I've been of some help.

jcosta

Reaction score
I'm sorry, the booklet was actually correct. It was the DVD that had different information on it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it right now to give you an actual quote.

But suffice it to say, there was a disperity between the literature and the DVD and it compelled me to call customer service. The customer service rep told me exactly what the booklet instructed me to do.

In any case, you should call your customer service rep. Using it daily seems a little excessive to me and even Hairmax maintains that daily use of their product will not have any added benefits. Good luck, and hopefully you will get a more definitive answer.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
The Hairmax comb is ridiculously expensive for a simple comb with a few laser embedded in it. I bought a laser regrowth setup from some guy on ebay who makes them in his own shop. Here's one of his auctions:

http://search.ebay.com/laser-hair-5...ZQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

I have a 30 laser version. Much easier to use than the comb since all you have to do is sit under it. I usually use it while I'm on the computer, I'm actually sitting under it right now :lol: The device is pretty simple and he builds them kind of cheap but mine seems to working fine. He claims to be using the same type of laser as the hairmax comb (650 nm, 5mw), but the treatment is obviously more intense since there's way more continual laser coverage.

I've been using it for a couple of months now and I'm not sure if its helping any yet. I did have a major shed about 5-7 weeks after I started using it but I can't say if it was due to the laser treatment. My hair does look fuller immediately after I use it, probably because it heats up my hair a bit. My impression is that it is having an effect and the shed I had was at least partly due to the laser treatment. I'm seeing and feeling a lot of little hairs sprouting all over. Will have a better idea if it might be working in a few weeks I suppose.

jcosta

Reaction score
I agree the Hairmax comb is expensive. However, I don't mind buying a product from a company that offers me a guarantee on the product along with a warranty. In my opinion, buying a laser product from an anonymous person on ebay sounds too risky to me. Truly, I hope this product that your mentioning works for you. If it does, then maybe others will go this route instead of buying the more expensive comb. For now, I'd rather go the safer route.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I haven't been using it that much. Maybe once a week, though I'm consciously going to use it more. I haven't noticed any benefit from it, I did get a zit under my hairline, though I doubt they are related......

Anyone having any luck?

jcosta

Reaction score
If you're using the Hairmax comb, you're supposed to use it 3 times a week, every other day for about 10-15 minutes. Personally, as I mentioned earlier on this thread, I have noticed some improvement and so has my wife. On close inspection, I am noticing some short baby fine hairs growing in my frontal temple area where I've been thinning over the last year or so. Whether these will grow in to full "mature" hairs is anybody's guess, but I am monitoring it.

These things, if they work at all, seem to take a long time (several months to a year) to show any major progress. Which means it's very gradual making it difficult to gauge success. I have days where I feel impatient wanting immediate results, and I'm nobody's sucker. I did research with sites such as this one to see if products like the laser comb work. Of course, the results are always mixed. So what do you do?

We, "male pattern baldness'ers" take chances on different things out there because we're losing that which is precious to us, our hair. I personally have been burned by Avacor. I lost $500 buying their advertisement crap. So now I'm on to the lasercomb which seems to offer some hope based on sites like this one where just common ordinary folks b**ch about or praise a treatment. I hope, I'm not burned again. Life's about taking risks...I wish everyone luck with whatever they're doing.

Artman502

Reaction score
Haha, tough crowd - but thanks for the tips. I will come clean though, I'm not part of the company but my uncle is and he told me to try it, I'm on the first week. And, however cheesy it was (I read it again and felt a fool) what I said was legit, take apart the Hairmax and see what you find (I'll give you a hint, it's 1 laser and a 50g weight - talk about latest and greatest...)

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm, it seems everyone is always comparing lasers and such going "this one has higher power/more lasers etc etc" Now, i'm curious as to what this has to do with anything. These lasers at this level is what was tested. Who knows if lasers of a higher frequency etc even work? Sometimes "more" doesn't necessarily mean better. Maybe i'm way off?

jcosta

Reaction score
Excellent point, Ouroboros! Not least to mention, potential health hazards with a stronger laser. Truthfully though, I don't know enough about laser technology to offer any type of educated guess.

Artman, I'm 43 and aside from the occasional backaches due to my own abuse of it when I was younger and the hairloss issue, it's really not all that bad. Just eat right, get plenty of exercise, and treat your body right. That way when you're 40 you'll look and feel like you're in your 30's, maybe even in your 20's.

But you are doing the right thing in trying to tackle your hairloss issue early. Back when I was in my 20's I didn't have nearly as many of the treatment options that are available today. All I had were a lot of the "snake oil" type crap that is still being peddled today. Fortunately I still have most of my hair and have something to work with.

Just be sure you're doing it for yourself and not anybody else. That's probably the best advice I can give having already traveled that road. Good luck.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
It is a ridiculous thing to say - it's been FDA approved as a regrowth device for God's sake!

jcosta

Reaction score
Bubka, you seem to trigger a lot of resentment. If you've read my other posts, I've mentioned noticing "some" progress with my Laser Comb, although admittingly, nothing spectacular...yet. It's just way too soon to tell.

Also, when I tell a fellow poster to this site, "good luck", that means I hope that whatever they are using works for them, lasercomb or not. So, GOOD LUCK with your laser pointer.

bubka

Reaction score
Def said:
It is a ridiculous thing to say - it's been FDA approved as a regrowth device for God's sake!
no it HAS NOT, it has been FDA approved to be safe to use under the cosmetic regulation of the FDA, we have gone over this 1000 times

its a class 2 type laser, the same thing in a laser pointer, add that with a comb and you have your magic wand

jcosta

Reaction score
I don't believe anybody on this site is ascribing the Hairmax Laser Comb to a "magic wand", least of all me. As for the FDA approval, you are correct. However, I'm using it because of the warranty that comes with the product (6 mo's) not the FDA approval. I'm very skeptical of the FDA in any case, but that's another subject for another time

If this doesn't work to my satisfaction, then I'll exercise my right to get my money back and I'll post my disatisfaction here. I am encouraged though, with the results that I'm experiencing 4 1/2 months in. I realize that I have to temper my desire for immediate positive results with the reality that it's going to take time, if it even works at all. In other words, be patient.

jcosta

Reaction score
I think you're right, Rambo. It's been recommended on this site to add to your regimen rather than take away. So far I'm using the lasercomb with nizoral 1%.

If my treatment seems to fslter at any point, then I'll definately start adding some of the things you suggested. Thanks for keeping this website helpful and hopeful.

bubka

Reaction score
Rambo said:
Think about it, Who are you gonna believe , The FDA or some guy on a forum like bubka..
do you wan to see the FDA approval again? its a freaking cosmetic device for safety, they can say whatever they want, like skin cream can say it is fda approved to reduce the signs of aging, same damn thing, are you really that gullible???

bubka

Reaction score
Rambo said:
Are you that gullible to believe that only 2% of propecia users experience a lowered sex drive? You seem to only be gullible when it suits you bubka..
yeah, study after study shows it, are you saying there is a conspiracy going on with the drug studies and independent studies then?

bubka

Reaction score
Rambo said:
Is the laser comb a consipracy?
no, not a conspiracy, its a class 2 laser, same as a laser pointer, and read their research data, its not even statistically significant, but why do i argue with you, number, facts, statistics, these mean nothing to you