Hairmax Lasercomb Results

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a week in; and I know its too seen to see results; but my girlfriend has said that my hair seems noticeably thicker. Also my shedding appears to have completely stopped (like zero lost in the shower), which is insane. I also started Nizoral last week so I gather the change can be attributed to either, or both, of these things.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
By the way; on the subject of other Laser combs besides hairmax:

I'm not sure if they will be as effective; I mean I hope they are; but just do some research on it. Even if those other combs claim to have "more power" or a "more effective frequency" or whatever, maybe thats not necessarily a good thing for optimal effect. It may be somewhat naive; but I picked the hairmax because it has the FDA approval; it wasn't lasercombs in general that were approved; just that one product. Don't know about you, but I like knowing that the product I'm using was tested and overseen by the FDA and found to be both safe and effective.

Now, I'm not working for Hairmax or anything (don't even know if it will really work for me yet); but I just don't want any of you to waste money on some hack brush that sites unreliable science to take you in. Though, i guess its not so bad with the amazing laser brush because its so cheap. Anyway; cheers!

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted, mate. I too have had my eye on the Hairmax for a couple of years now and have been particularly tempted to get one after the FDA approval.

However, since I've only been using minoxidil twice a day for about 7 months and just started on Revita, I think I'll wait another 6 months before splurging.

Def

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
NICE! im ordering mine any day, how long did it take to get it once u orderd it?

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
i think there all basically the same thing

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
trevorr77 said:
I just don't like all the chemicals and side affects with all these products plus you basically sell your life out to the products!! We'll see how this goes for me...about 2 weeks in now.

Nobody likes having to use finasteride or minoxidil, but the sad fact is finasteride and minoxidil are the only proven products available. They also only work if you get on them relatively early in your hair loss. Don't waste your time with unproven products and regret that you didn't get on finasteride and minoxidil earlier like I do.

I recently saw a documentary on the BBC about beauty products and if they work or not. In it they showed balding twins, one used finasteride and minoxidil while the other used nothing. The guy on the meds pretty much kept his hair while the other twin lost quite a bit. Even after he got on finasteride and minoxidil too he didn't have as good success as his brother due to starting it too late.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Just for the record, the laser comb is FDA approved and is "proven" scientifically, at least to a degree. Now, I understand the medical trials and such could be better; but hey, at least it has some backing. Even if you think its crazy, give credit where its due.

G

Ouroboros said:
Just for the record, the laser comb is FDA approved and is "proven" scientifically, at least to a degree. Now, I understand the medical trials and such could be better; but hey, at least it has some backing. Even if you think its crazy, give credit where its due.

no it's not proven scientifically at all. ouropuros, stop saaying that. the FDA only approved the lasercomb to say that it complies with safety regulations, not that it regrows hair. it is not like the intense 3 phase trials that propecia had to go through.

dont be surprised when your hair keeps miniaturizing, your hairline recedes and it turns into crap right before your eyes. cause everything in that regimen of yours is basically unproven except for nizoral, and that alone won't stop your loss if it's in your genes. if you don't get on finasteride or dutasteride, you're asking to have a horseshoe in a few years if that's what your genetics portend.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey dude, no need to get all hostile. I actually read the whole FDA report and it actually does say indeed that their are statistical significant results. As i said, the results are not air-tight and I would like to see more rigorous trials; but there is more than cursory evidence to suggest that this may help. Not that it matters, but I am a professor in relevant fields so I know when something is good, when something is crap, and when something is in between (as is this). The benefit of no side effects and the low price (in the grand scheme of things) makes it seem like a no brainer to add it to your regimen.

Also for the record I just added tricomin to my regimen so that my help you sleep a little better at night. I don't think it is your right to vehemently fault me for trying to build a regimen that will not impact my health or sex life at all; having great hair is awesome and I want that; but not at the expense of my health.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well i'm interested to see how you get on.

I've been on finasteride for 6 months and its not worked at all which goes to show nothing is guarnteed no matter what tests and proof there is, its different for everyone and this Laser thing may work for some...it is widely used so must help for some.

Propecia web site has loads of proof that your almost guaranteed not to fall much below baseline 6 months to a year in and for many of us here that turned out to be not the case at all.

Keep us posted and I may think about getting one..I think you gotta try everything as it just takes one thing to work for you and it will have been worth the effort.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'll post my results in a couple months. I've only been using it 2 weeks now...

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in week 3, and though it is too soon to see any results; I think it has definitely helped the cosmetic appearance of my hair thus far.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Btw make sure you use it on a clean scalp (I use it after shower) and make sure that you aren't brushing with it; but using that "stop and go" method detailed in the instructions. If we are gonna do this we might as well do it right so we can test it most effectively.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
im using the hairfull comb it costs 400 bucks so i hope it works aswell as hairmax

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Ouroboros said:
Hey dude, no need to get all hostile. I actually read the whole FDA report and it actually does say indeed that their are statistical significant results. As i said, the results are not air-tight and I would like to see more rigorous trials; but there is more than cursory evidence to suggest that this may help. Not that it matters, but I am a professor in relevant fields so I know when something is good, when something is crap, and when something is in between (as is this). The benefit of no side effects and the low price (in the grand scheme of things) makes it seem like a no brainer to add it to your regimen.

Also for the record I just added tricomin to my regimen so that my help you sleep a little better at night. I don't think it is your right to vehemently fault me for trying to build a regimen that will not impact my health or sex life at all; having great hair is awesome and I want that; but not at the expense of my health.
mate i agree with you 100%, Why ruin your sex life when you dont have too.Some people here will do anything to get people to do it there way or the highway..

G

KiLLuMiNaTi said:
Ouroboros said:

mate i agree with you 100%, Why ruin your sex life when you dont have too.Some people here will do anything to get people to do it there way or the highway..

youre thinning out in your donor area precisely because your regimen is not powerful.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
what donor area are you on about?? you havent even seen me or my donor area.. Another one of your bullshit claims

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Ouroboros said:
Btw make sure you use it on a clean scalp (I use it after shower) and make sure that you aren't brushing with it; but using that "stop and go" method detailed in the instructions. If we are gonna do this we might as well do it right so we can test it most effectively.
yes i do that stop and go way aswell..