Hairmax Lasercomb Results

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it was between 8-16 weeks...for hairmax at least...not sure about amazing laser brush which uses a stronger laser.

viperfish

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Ouroboros said:
Just for the record, the laser comb is FDA approved and is "proven" scientifically, at least to a degree. Now, I understand the medical trials and such could be better; but hey, at least it has some backing. Even if you think its crazy, give credit where its due.

no it's not proven scientifically at all. ouropuros, stop saaying that. the FDA only approved the lasercomb to say that it complies with safety regulations, not that it regrows hair. it is not like the intense 3 phase trials that propecia had to go through.

dont be surprised when your hair keeps miniaturizing, your hairline recedes and it turns into crap right before your eyes. cause everything in that regimen of yours is basically unproven except for nizoral, and that alone won't stop your loss if it's in your genes. if you don't get on finasteride or dutasteride, you're asking to have a horseshoe in a few years if that's what your genetics portend.

Jay,

You do know it is proven for regrowth by the FDA. The FDA approval your talking about is the old approval where the FDA said it was safe.

j3nate

Established Member
Reaction score
ouroboros,

you've now been on the lasercomb for about 6 weeks, anything new to report?

By the way, how bad is your hairloss to begin with, before you started any kind of treatment?

bubka

Reaction score
viperfish said:
Jay,

You do know it is proven for regrowth by the FDA. The FDA approval your talking about is the old approval where the FDA said it was safe.
we have been over this 1000 times, it is FDA approved as a cosmetic device, it is safe to use, and they are permitted to make claims just like wrinkle creams can claim to revers 10 years of aging

FDA regulation of cosmetic devices and products are not the same as medical devices and drugs

G

bubka said:
viperfish said:
Jay,

we have been over this 1000 times, it is FDA approved as a cosmetic device, it is safe to use, and they are permitted to make claims just like wrinkle creams can claim to revers 10 years of aging

FDA regulation of cosmetic devices and products are not the same as medical devices and drugs

bingo.

sorry viperfish but you're wrong.

the lasercomb would have to go through the phase trials just like finasteride did to be approved as a medical hair loss treatment.

CCS

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Ouroboros said:
Just for the record, the laser comb is FDA approved and is "proven" scientifically, at least to a degree. Now, I understand the medical trials and such could be better; but hey, at least it has some backing. Even if you think its crazy, give credit where its due.

no it's not proven scientifically at all. ouropuros, stop saaying that. the FDA only approved the lasercomb to say that it complies with safety regulations, not that it regrows hair. it is not like the intense 3 phase trials that propecia had to go through.

dont be surprised when your hair keeps miniaturizing, your hairline recedes and it turns into crap right before your eyes. cause everything in that regimen of yours is basically unproven except for nizoral, and that alone won't stop your loss if it's in your genes. if you don't get on finasteride or dutasteride, you're asking to have a horseshoe in a few years if that's what your genetics portend.

the tricomin is good too. though I doubt it will save his hair.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, in the middle of my 6th week and I actually do seem to be seeing results; some regrowth in frontal/temple area. I am also using tricomin and nizoral, so that could also be accounting for it. It is still not long enough to judge anything, since it may be due to natural cycles; but many people have commented on an improvement in my hair density; etc. To answer that question; i was maybe a norwood 2.8 ish to start; with noticeable diffusion everywhere except the "horseshoe".

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
Ouroboros said:

Could you please give links to some study from the scientific literature?
I don't mean link to the fda approval, I know all about that. I was looking for a paper from all those dermatology jouranls that describe the trials and couldn't find one.

bubka

Reaction score
Beethoven said:
Ouroboros said:

Could you please give links to some study from the scientific literature?
I don't mean link to the fda approval, I know all about that. I was looking for a paper from all those dermatology jouranls that describe the trials and couldn't find one.
it does not exist, there was an in house study the company did, it think the sample size was around 20 for each group, enough said

Tony_Ng

Reaction score
I firstly used Propecia 1mg everyday plus Nirozal 2% twice a week and it was amazing, and then, after 6 months, I would like to see better result, and minoxidil 5% added.

After 1 year with big 3, I am still happy but the result is not as good as I prefer, and it is the reason Hairmax laser comb in my list.

From Jun 2006 to July 2007 I can say that I am happy with big 3 + lasercomb. I am not sure that the visible results of hair growing caused by Laser comb or minoxidil or Propecia or Nirozal, but I strongly believe that each one will no doubt play an important role and I have no reason to waive anything.

Hairloss and hair growing is unknown system and if you have a good regimen and if you could afford the expenses, why you have to consider. I remember that the first year of my Big 3, things were awful for me but from what wrote in here: story/information exchange/experience, I patiently stayed with my regimen and I am happy to see everything is better and better. I will try to write my long success story to encourage people in hair cure.

Medicines like Propecia and Minoxidil need 4-12 months to recognize the effectiveness and I believe that the laser ray from comb with stimulation on scalp only will need longer time, so why don't you give it a chance.

I bought my laser comb at about 350US$ and with 2-year depreciation, the monthly cost is 15USD. By this formula, I believe that most people here will say: Ok, It's acceptable.

My brief opinion here is: Don't play with your regimen and stay with it for a while. The creator gives 2-3 year for a bald newly-born baby to become full-hair boy, so why do you want a magic for 2-3 weeks only.

Artman502

Reaction score
better than HairMax?

I have a receding hairline and am absolutley terrified. I've been researching the HairMax and a lot of other Lasercombs/brushes and I think I found a better one.

It's called the Hair Rejuvenator. Instead of using 1 Laser and splitting it into 9 beams like HairMax, the Hair Rejuvenator (for the same money as HairMax) has 9 actual Lasers. What's even better is that the Lasers are power adjustable; I guess people with different types of hair needs different amounts of energy so this is good. It's also cordless which is cool, a lot of people complain about plugging the HairMax into the wall and not being able to move around.

I'm starting use of the product next week. I read that it takes anywhere from 30 days to several months to see visible results. Has anyone else heard about this product? Their website is http://www.hairrejuvenator.com.

Let me know, thanks!

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Good try Artman502, but your tone is completely off.

Next time:
- first make a few posts about nonsense so it's not so obvious you're shilling
- don't be so unnaturally excited about the product

j3nate

Established Member
Reaction score
jakeb said:
Good try Artman502, but your tone is completely off.

Next time:
- first make a few posts about nonsense so it's not so obvious you're shilling
- don't be so unnaturally excited about the product

OMG, I can't stop laughing at this post!

but you also forgot the part in your testimonial where you say, "at first I thought it wouldn't work, but let me tell you, I was wrong!"

Seriously, why do companies have people do this?: It's about the most obvious thing in the world, turns us off of that product for life, and at best, MAYBE one or two people will try it because of the post and that's it, not even worth the time it took to write the unnaturally cheesy advertisement

jcosta

Reaction score
13 weeks

Hello guys, and perhaps gals,

I'm 43 years old and I've been using the Haimax Lasercomb for 13 weeks with Nizoral 1% for approx. 1 1/2 months with "mixed" results. By that I mean, my wife has noticed some "new" black hairs near my bald crown area and I've noticed some, what I believe, are "new" baby fine black hairs in my temple area.

My hair looks and feels better and is easier to maintain as advertised, however, I still notice the "sheen" effect in certain lighting conditions in the frontal part of my scalp where it has been thinning recently.

My wife, however, tells me that it looks thicker in the top area of my head. By the way, she is well aware how important it is to me for her to be subjective and honest.

My hairloss is not more or less with this treatment; Just a few strands of hair when I shower and occasionally, a few in the sink. I think this is about as accurate as I can get.

Verdict: It's still too soon to determine success although based on what I just told you, it "appears somewhat encouraging". I'm not quite ready to jump up and rejoice just yet that the miracle cure/treatment has been found. I'm still like many of you, hopeful.

jcosta

Reaction score
Thanks Ouroboros, for the info. I'll definately add that to my regimen. The trick in all of this is not going broke in trying to defeat male pattern baldness. Any suggestions as to where I can obtain that at the cheapest price?

jcosta

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I'm using J/A/S/O/N Natural Biotin Shampoo every other day with the Nizoral 1%. I like the Biotin shampoo because according to some articles Biotin is important to healthy hair growth and the shampoo I use contains NO Laureth Sulfates, something that most of you know is detrimental to the hair.