Hairline … 8 months apart … deterioration?

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was talking about bluecyclone lmao. It's just that, unlike you, he has no reason whatsoever to be concerned about his hairline. And he's been saying the same thing over the past 3 years. If anything his hair got better
I knew you were referring to blue .That’s fine but he’s obviously authentically worried about something so no need to bash the guy .

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depending on age thats a mature hairline, mild recession. If you're in your 30's I wouldn't even bother jumping on meds because that looks like a normal hairline for someone that age
Hi
I’m 35.

I think even if it looks maturing it just looks a bit too weak for my liking … too many wispy hairs and I think it’s passing the mature stage (I think !) … the right was always weak but the left seems to be showing thinning now in light etc whereas it wasn’t the case before .

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I knew you were referring to blue .That’s fine but he’s obviously authentically worried about something so no need to bash the guy .
okay dude...

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
@bluecyclone, give the OP an opinion of what you think about his hair situation. I am curious what you think? Also @Northface32, what is your opinion?

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So the surgeon I plan on using who is top rated here in the uk did a transplant on this forumers hairline from another forum using 1000 grafts .

would you say he was in a better shape than my hairline to start with or not ?

i am trying to ascertain how many grafts he will quote me for ? Thanks

Attachments

• 2B588093-B5C1-47C0-AD8D-B2702A40ABDF.jpeg
    2B588093-B5C1-47C0-AD8D-B2702A40ABDF.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 91

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
56F8AE57-0C1C-4802-94A9-8FF614412C4B.jpeg

Took these outside light just a moment ago . Do you think he will recommend grafts in the crown area ?

I have a potential consultation booked with a hair transplant surgeon on Thursday but they need to confirm the time .

Attachments

• C73409EF-8FDE-4867-AAD6-ED2481549F19.jpeg
    C73409EF-8FDE-4867-AAD6-ED2481549F19.jpeg
    447.1 KB · Views: 94
  • BF261E17-3D8A-4208-8D8A-EF78A05438FC.jpeg
    BF261E17-3D8A-4208-8D8A-EF78A05438FC.jpeg
    481.9 KB · Views: 74

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
For what purpose ? Lol

For his own purpose again :p Probably trying to indirectly find out what they think about his own hair in an impartial manner. I think some people do grow out of BDD or learn to live with it a bit but I think for @DoctorHouse it's been a struggle and unlikely to lessen at close to retirement, more likely to increase.

Yes, do some thorough reading, it's your scalp after all and you literally have no knowledge. I don't have the desire/time anymore to post detailed things unless I really want to myself for whatever reason. To keep it succinct, I wouldn't go to a Dr that drew a lop sided female hairline which is not a natural shape for that guy either but each to their own. Maybe the patient is happy, maybe that is all that matters at times etc. But a mature shaped hairline and 2k grafts is probably what you need as a minimum, which was mentioned prior.

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Wolf Pack gosh you and @DoctorHouse really don’t get on do you ? I have to speak as I find … @DoctorHouse has only ever given me impartial advice and told me to seek professional guidance in times gone by .

@Wolf Pack so do you suggest grafts are needed in the crown ? And yes, you’re right … of course I have no knowledge of my hair for gods sake lol . I work in finance , i’m not a hair surgeon or trichologist so save the passive aggressive patronising tone of your previous post buddy- not helpful in the slightest . You’re on a hair loss forum so don’t act like you’re above anyone else or above the forum culture .

The tone of your previous post aside @Wolf Pack , thanks for your guidance in previous posts.

Last edited:

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Wolf Pack gosh you and @DoctorHouse really don’t get on do you ? I have to speak as I find … @DoctorHouse has only ever given me impartial advice and told me to seek professional guidance in times gone by .

@Wolf Pack so do you suggest grafts are needed in the crown ? And yes, you’re right … of course I have no knowledge of my hair for gods sake lol . I work in finance , i’m not a hair surgeon or trichologist so save the passive aggressive patronising tone of your precious post buddy. You’re on a hair loss forum so don’t act like you’re above anyone else or above the forum culture .

The tone of your previous post aside @Wolf Pack , thanks for your guidance in previous posts.

Not everyone on the forum has the same circumstances in whatever area you look at, you don't know what I do or why I still post on here at times - but I am not consumed by hair or anything mate. I do find certain things petty on here hence I don't partake in most discussions and generally do not read up on here anymore. I can count a few well balanced individuals that I like talking to truly. I don't really care how you interpret that and I am not doing it to belittle you, it's how I feel, nothing to do with my level of education, restoring my hair or generally moving on in life, but everything to do with mindset.

Just lol what a cop out at the bit in bold...as if only someone who does hair for a living knows about hair. On other hair forums there are tons of guys that actually know more than doctors or a member we had on here once who knew about experimental treatments in detail that no else knew or someone who interpreted medical studies in a better way that even left the doctor who reviewed the studies in a bit of shock. They certainly weren't asking silly questions, only detailed ones which is a sign of many things really :) Nothing passive aggressive, it's your body, just that doing some reading and having knowledge is common sense over being spoon fed. Most people prefer to truly know the info they have is accurate over being fed low IQ stuff which may or may not be accurate and could lead to errors in the future. Because otherwise you really won't know what's going on and that is apparent by the hairline you put up, the fact you weren't sure about recession etc.

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not everyone on the forum has the same circumstances in whatever area you look at, you don't know what I do or why I still post on here at times - but I am not consumed by hair or anything mate. I do find certain things petty on here hence I don't partake in most discussions and generally do not read up on here anymore. I can count a few well balanced individuals that I like talking to truly. I don't really care how you interpret that and I am not doing it to belittle you, it's how I feel, nothing to do with my level of education, restoring my hair or generally moving on in life, but everything to do with mindset.

Just lol what a cop out at the bit in bold...as if only someone who does hair for a living knows about hair. On other hair forums there are tons of guys that actually know more than doctors or a member we had on here once who knew about experimental treatments in detail that no else knew or someone who interpreted medical studies in a better way that even left the doctor who reviewed the studies in a bit of shock. They certainly weren't asking silly questions, only detailed ones which is a sign of many things really :) Nothing passive aggressive, it's your body, just that doing some reading and having knowledge is common sense over being spoon fed. Most people prefer to truly know the info they have is accurate over being fed low IQ stuff which may or may not be accurate and could lead to errors in the future. Because otherwise you really won't know what's going on and that is apparent by the hairline you put up, the fact you weren't sure about recession etc.
Again @Wolf Pack , thanks for your earlier advice and guidance.

As for the self indulgent patronising drivel in your last two posts , save it .

Yes , I have no clue about hair and once I get my situation fixed nor will I want to . I have no inclination to work out the sciences behind hair growth . I will happily pay others to do it and fix my problem.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again @Wolf Pack , thanks for your earlier advice and guidance.

As for the self indulgent patronising drivel in your last two posts , save it .

Yes , I have no clue about hair and once I get my situation fixed nor will I want to . I have no inclination to work out the sciences behind hair growth . I will happily pay others to do it and fix my problem.

I actually was trying to help you which you interpreted as passive aggressive - the bit in bold is dangerous - plenty of sharks out there that will happily take your money and screw you up. Yes it's up to you but you're getting close to 40, receding with a thinning crown, probably worth reading up a bit as it's a not a one time fix or that transplants give full density or that you don't need to switch up treatments now and then. If I never read up properly in my 20s, I would not have started treatment then and had surgery to fix the front, reading is what saved my prime years.

Since you are now older the recession reversal may not have the same benefits as if you acted in your 20s. Your hairline is pretty normal for mid 30s but a good frame looks great at any age.

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually was trying to help you which you interpreted as passive aggressive - the bit in bold is dangerous - plenty of sharks out there that will happily take your money and screw you up. Yes it's up to you but you're getting close to 40, receding with a thinning crown, probably worth reading up a bit as it's a not a one time fix or that transplants give full density or that you don't need to switch up treatments now and then. If I never read up properly in my 20s, I would not have started treatment then and had surgery to fix the front, reading is what saved my prime years.

Since you are now older the recession reversal may not have the same benefits as if you acted in your 20s. Your hairline is pretty normal for mid 30s but a good frame looks great at any age.
Noted . Your posts just sometimes veer into soliloquies so your main points get lost but apologies if you were trying to give guidance in the previous two posts .

So you think the crown is thinning . Unlike the hairline I’m unsure about the crown as so many say it’s the natural whorl and in person people and my Barber say it’s not thinning but unlike the hairline it’s hard for me myself to determine it with the naked eye .

Yes as you’ve advise @Wolf Pack I will look into restorative hair treatments for the hairline definitely.

thanks again

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
For his own purpose again :p Probably trying to indirectly find out what they think about his own hair in an impartial manner. I think some people do grow out of BDD or learn to live with it a bit but I think for @DoctorHouse it's been a struggle and unlikely to lessen at close to retirement, more likely to increase.

Yes, do some thorough reading, it's your scalp after all and you literally have no knowledge. I don't have the desire/time anymore to post detailed things unless I really want to myself for whatever reason. To keep it succinct, I wouldn't go to a Dr that drew a lop sided female hairline which is not a natural shape for that guy either but each to their own. Maybe the patient is happy, maybe that is all that matters at times etc. But a mature shaped hairline and 2k grafts is probably what you need as a minimum, which was mentioned prior.
Just so you know I showed my hair to both of them a year or so ago so it has nothing to do with me. I know what they think about my situation. It's not a mystery so you are wrong about your assumption. It's nice to hear the perspective from people who barely have any hair loss too.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noted . Your posts just sometimes veer into soliloquies so your main points get lost but apologies if you were trying to give guidance in the previous two posts .

So you think the crown is thinning . Unlike the hairline I’m unsure about the crown as so many say it’s the natural whorl and in person people and my Barber say it’s not thinning but unlike the hairline it’s hard for me myself to determine it with the naked eye .

Yes as you’ve advise @Wolf Pack I will look into restorative hair treatments for the hairline definitely.

thanks again

Honestly, no worries, yes you should fix the hairline and leave the crown as it is for now. As it's too early to put hair there and you can cause shock loss to existing hairs by having surgery in that region at this stage. You naturally have fine hair and crown rebuilds are complex as it is and blood supply is poor in that region for all people, stay on meds and maintain/improve the crown. I should have have it more nicely to you so apologies on my part - just that I am no longer active/very interested on here and still I get very basic PM questions from other users that I don't have patience for anymore :p

Just so you know I showed my hair to both of them a year or so ago so it has nothing to do with me. I know what they think about my situation. It's not a mystery so you are wrong about your assumption. It's nice to hear the perspective from people who barely have any hair loss too.

I don't want to divert the thread. I never said you didn't and assumed you had actually, but impartial view on someone else's hairline gives feedback to yours. There's literally no reason to tag them on here and you tag them in other posts too where people have no hair loss and they rarely respond. Fair enough, it's still your obsession and hobby but I just find it all a bit sad really how you document everyone's hair, download their pics, constantly compare and you do really love misery. I see it as very regressive and unhelpful to yourself especially considering your situation but it is what it is and shall remain so.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Honestly, no worries, yes you should fix the hairline and leave the crown as it is for now. As it's too early to put hair there and you can cause shock loss to existing hairs by having surgery in that region at this stage. You naturally have fine hair and crown rebuilds are complex as it is and blood supply is poor in that region for all people, stay on meds and maintain/improve the crown. I should have have it more nicely to you so apologies on my part - just that I am no longer active/very interested on here and still I get very basic PM questions from other users that I don't have patience for anymore :p

I don't want to divert the thread. I never said you didn't and assumed you had actually, but impartial view on someone else's hairline gives feedback to yours. There's literally no reason to tag them on here and you tag them in other posts too where people have no hair loss and they rarely respond. Fair enough, it's still your obsession and hobby but I just find it all a bit sad really how you document everyone's hair, download their pics, constantly compare and you do really love misery. I see it as very regressive and unhelpful to yourself especially considering your situation but it is what it is and shall remain so.
Never downloaded anyone's photos. That is not true. I don't love misery. Don't know why you keep attacking me. I think it's probably best if I leave this place for good. I think that is the only way I will get better. Thanks for all your help in the past.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never downloaded anyone's photos. That is not true. I don't love misery. Don't know why you keep attacking me. I think it's probably best if I leave this place for good. I think that is the only way I will get better. Thanks for all your help in the past.

I'm not attacking you (you know I get along with you and the place wouldn't be the same without you and everything you offer), I just don't understand your behaviour pattern concerning hair. It's very pathological and it's getting worse, I don't think anyone on here has that form of relentless BDD but as I said it is what it is at this stage in life. Just for your own sake it would be nice to attempt a break from those posts and do something nice but it's your life. Definitely not attacking you, just find it bizarre tagging people half your age or 3 times younger in all kinds of posts repeatedly when they are not responding or truly give a ****.