Hairline … 8 months apart … deterioration?

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all

i feel my hairline has particularly deteriorated on the left.
Is this nature hairline or male pattern baldness

Attachments

• 28AF56B5-D7A8-478D-8040-AF4C8AAF1403.jpeg
    28AF56B5-D7A8-478D-8040-AF4C8AAF1403.jpeg
    462.1 KB · Views: 302
  • 6C881359-ACF2-4A3E-B1FA-06A327FCC78F.jpeg
    6C881359-ACF2-4A3E-B1FA-06A327FCC78F.jpeg
    649.3 KB · Views: 302

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi all

I know you barely get anyone to respond to you and have to create a new thread just to get opinions but you are not getting worse. You just have some recession and it's seems to be stable.
In the first photo, your hair reminds me of @Chill dude but his is thicker and less receded.

Last edited:

Znx

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you barely get anyone to respond to you and have to create a new thread just to get opinions but you are not getting worse. You just have a mature hairline and it's seems to be stable. I know I won't convince you but at least I can say I tried. In the first photo, your hair reminds me of @Chill dude but his is thicker and less receded. You are going to be a full head for life. Trust me on that one.
This

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you barely get anyone to respond to you and have to create a new thread just to get opinions but you are not getting worse. You just have a mature hairline and it's seems to be stable. I know I won't convince you but at least I can say I tried. In the first photo, your hair reminds me of @Chill dude but his is thicker and less receded. You are going to be a full head for life. Trust me on that one.
To be fair it looks like you're trying to convince yourself there about the hairline being mature, still a full head etc as you may have regrets over not having surgery earlier, acceptance over denial is way better even much later in life. I know the place is therapy for you but it's important to answer his question, for his own sake and future rather than make a post for yourself!

OP that is not a mature hairline, your hairline is asymmetrical, thinning and one corner has gone beyond mature and that is balding. The last normal hairline is a symmetrical NW2 with overall thick hair = full head. I have no idea about your age and overall Norwood pattern (a dr can examine and determine from age 25 onwards usually) but if it bothers you, you can fix the front with a transplant. Meds can help you maintain the rest although you may need further surgery, the more surgery you do and the more native hair that is lost, eventually the donor can't keep up and there will be a slight thin (but hopefully natural) look. Depends on your donor capacity though and the only place that is dense packed is the hairline.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
To be fair it looks like you're trying to convince yourself there about the hairline being mature, still a full head etc as you may have regrets over not having surgery earlier, acceptance over denial is way better even much later in life. I know the place is therapy for you but it's important to answer his question, for his own sake and future rather than make a post for yourself!

OP that is not a mature hairline, your hairline is asymmetrical, thinning and one corner has gone beyond mature and that is balding. The last normal hairline is a symmetrical NW2 with overall thick hair = full head. I have no idea about your age and overall Norwood pattern (a dr can examine and determine from age 25 onwards usually) but if it bothers you, you can fix the front with a transplant. Meds can help you maintain the rest although you may need further surgery, the more surgery you do and the more native hair that is lost, eventually the donor can't keep up and there will be a slight thin (but hopefully natural) look. Depends on your donor capacity though and the only place that is dense packed is the hairline.
Honestly has nothing to do with my hair. I am just saying what I see. I think he has better hair than I do. Just my perspective. If I were in his situation I would be very happy.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Your hair looks so full and thick. I can see the recession spots but it seems like a mature hairline but I’d still jump on meds. Your hairline looks like Jon Hamm to me.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Your hair looks so full and thick. I can see the recession spots but it seems like a mature hairline but I’d still jump on meds. Your hairline looks like Jon Hamm to me.
He is on finasteride.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Would you agree you are in a better position than him so far discounting age?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly has nothing to do with my hair. I am just saying what I see. I think he has better hair than I do. Just my perspective. If I were in his situation I would be very happy.

It's not about your perspective (which is fine and you're entitled to) but I've seen these posts a few times from you and left it usually :p When someone is legit past a mature hairline, you will say it's mature and still a fullhead. When someone has a ton of hair and not balding, you may say there is early hair loss lol and this is to be expected in all men eventually. That's why I interpret those posts as more about you than them whether it's accepting there is obvious loss on their part (you relate and say but fullhead, mature) or if they have really good hair, you will say early signs of hair loss as BDD envy kicks in. You may say maybe you view hair loss different to me but I think you're definitely able to spot true recession or diffuse loss, crown etc.

I understand all that but definitely you shouldn't tell someone you're still a fullhead and mature, when that is clearly not the case in my opinion. Some guy may drop his meds and end up full blown NW2.5/3 or worse thinking ah some senior member told me I am still a fullhead so no worries lets be happy, and the front is very hard to fix without surgery!!

If he's unhappy with this recession, any more will affect him especially with a high forehead and loss of facial balance.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
It's not about your perspective (which is fine and you're entitled to) but I've seen these posts a few times from you and left it usually :p When someone is legit past a mature hairline, you will say it's mature and still a fullhead. When someone has a ton of hair and not balding, you may say there is early hair loss lol and this is to be expected in all men eventually. That's why I interpret those posts as more about you than them whether it's accepting there is obvious loss on their part (you relate and say but fullhead, mature) or if they have really good hair, you will say early signs of hair loss as BDD envy kicks in. You may say maybe you view hair loss different to me but I think you're definitely able to spot true recession or diffuse loss, crown etc.

I understand all that but definitely you shouldn't tell someone you're still a fullhead and mature, when that is clearly not the case in my opinion. Some guy may drop his meds and end up full blown NW2.5/3 or worse thinking ah some senior member told me I am still a fullhead so no worries lets be happy, and the front is very hard to fix without surgery!!

If he's unhappy with this recession, any more will affect him especially with a high forehead and loss of facial balance.
He is already on finasteride so it was not about treatments. He was asking if he has gotten worse. I don't think he has and it has nothing to do with me or my BDD. And I always disclose for these guys to see a doctor who specializes in hair loss and actually uses a hair densitometer to measure what is going on. I think it's only fair to see what other people say for his case. So far he asked the same question in another thread and not too many people responded. I go by the Norwood scale not by my own situation. If you think I grade the scale wrong then that is another conversation.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Would you agree you are in a better position than him so far discounting age?
Uh I would probably but you never can tell with male pattern baldness and genetics. Like my brother had even better hair than me and is thinning and receding really bad only at 29, and because of this he shaves his head. The guy in question could keep his mature hairline well into his 60s for all we know.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Uh I would probably but you never can tell with male pattern baldness and genetics. Like my brother had even better hair than me and is thinning and receding really bad only at 29, and because of this he shaves his head. The guy in question could keep his mature hairline well into his 60s for all we know.
Can you answer his question. He is on meds. Do you think he is stable or gotten worse since 8 months ago?

Last edited:

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
He is already on finasteride so it was not about treatments. He was asking if he has gotten worse. I don't think he has and it has nothing to do with me or my BDD. And I always disclose for these guys to see a doctor who specializes in hair loss and actually uses a hair densitometer to measure what is going on. I think it's only fair to see what other people say for his case. So far he asked the same question in another thread and not too many people responded. I go by the Norwood scale not by my own situation. If you think I grade the scale wrong then that is another conversation.

But by saying he's a fullhead, just a mature hairline, treatments may potentially stop, that part is obvious.

Hmm yeah I just don't think the asymmetry or missing corner lol after 30 years of hair obsession is possible for anyone. But yes it's possible you are still mistaken somehow.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
But by saying he's a fullhead, just a mature hairline, treatments may potentially stop, that part is obvious.

Hmm yeah I just don't think the asymmetry or missing corner lol after 30 years of hair obsession is possible for anyone. But yes it's possible you are still mistaken somehow.
Ok I edited it. OP stay on your meds and hope for the best.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair and hairline has stayed intact no difference. Now come to daddy he got a present for you between his legs :)

• Wow
Reactions: 300