Hair Tape/glue Health Problems And Risks?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup exactly. We will never know 100% sure what it will do long term BUT it would ease my mind to know that ghost bond doesn't go into bloodstream. That would lower the potential risk a lot I believe...
Well, according to his post about the chemist, it shouldn't, but that's if it is a fact.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I would really like to know the exact components of tapes. Not only the glue, but also the tape itself because of the known endocrine disrupting properties of plastic materials. Wouldn't want to grow boobs or become infertile, although, higher estrogen levels might help with hairloss :p. Using tape would make my life so much easier, but I have never done it because of the hiding of ingredient information.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol well we do have doctors here that feel the same way... Only uneducated people think the way you do imo without offending you while I still did. Sorry!

Noah

Reaction score
I don't believe you will ever get any medic to give you an unqualified green light. If this possibility is really bothering you, why don't you think about using clips to secure your piece? It is sub-optimal in terms of feel and detectability, but it eliminates the issue which seems to be concerning you - swings and roundabouts.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually cancelled my dermatologist apt., and have been using tape since.

I found a remedy through front-lace wearers. Got2B Freeze Spray (used as a scalp protector). Who would have thought?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol well we do have doctors here that feel the same way... Only uneducated people think the way you do imo without offending you while I still did. Sorry!

Doctors? There is one person who claims to be a physician here & most probably, given a number of clues, is not.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Who knows... i might go with ghost bond anyway. Its my only hope since tapes doesnt seem to be better healthwise. How are you guys doing/going to do?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I have been wearing continuously 24/7 since 1982 using mostly tape and am still very much alive with no health issues whatsoever.
What type of adhesive and base have you mostly used? How often do you reattach?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I have been wearing continuously 24/7 since 1982 using mostly tape and am still very much alive with no health issues whatsoever.
Keep in mind, people smoke and abuse alcohol for many decades too. A significant amount, develop cancer and hepatic disease. Absence of symptoms does not mean safe..... It simply means you are one of the lucky ones, or disease simply has not reached a discernible level..... Nothing is ever a problem, until it's a problem.....

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Life is replete w risks. And you can take much bigger ones than applying wig adhesive on your head.
I support everyone's decision, to what they choose. I only speak up when people profess that there's no risk, because the ball hasn't dropped yet. That is just ignorance speaking.

Vanity is the result of pride.....a deadly sin, we're all here pursuing....

Last edited:

Robrover

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't go through life being totally risk adverse, or you'd never get out of bed in the morning.

And there's nothing wrong with indulging in a bit of self pride and personal preservation. People wear glasses, get implants, style their hair, grow beards, apply make up every day - is this all "a deadly sin"?

Taking pride in your appearance, and wanting to do something to improve it, seems like a worthy way or living one's life to me. And if that involves an element of risk, then so be it, just deal with it and try to manage these perceived risks as best you can.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't go through life being totally risk adverse, or you'd never get out of bed in the morning.

And there's nothing wrong with indulging in a bit of self pride and personal preservation. People wear glasses, get implants, style their hair, grow beards, apply make up every day - is this all "a deadly sin"?

Taking pride in your appearance, and wanting to do something to improve it, seems like a worthy way or living one's life to me. And if that involves an element of risk, then so be it, just deal with it and try to manage these perceived risks as best you can.
Agreed. As previously stated, the time I speak up, is when people claim there's no risk... Because they have not been diagnosed with an illness yet or haven't seen it on the news......

Please don't sensationalize with comments such as "you'd never get out of bed". I've never taken that posture. I've been very clear, with every post. I respect people's choices good or bad. But don't fool yourself into thinking there is not great risk associated with certain choices made. Wearing spectacles or combing your hair a different way is very different than introducing known carcinogens into one's bloodstream.

There are many people diagnosed with terminal cancer that choose continuation of smoking. It's something they enjoy, and do so knowingly..... I respect choice, but not ignorance.

Last edited: