Hair Tape/glue Health Problems And Risks?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on K-Pins as well, but for 11 yrs. 2mg a day; I've had to stop cold turkey owing to circumstances. I'm not sure if I withdrew.

I certainly did not withdraw in the very obvious way in which I withdraw after an alcoholic binge, which, I'm sure if I didn't have the benzos around to bring me down, I'd have had a seizure by now.
It effects everyone different, I know some who where only on for 10 days and years later still have symptoms, you ct 2mg and had no symptoms? I have never heard of that, it sends most to the er

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Every physician to whom I've spoken on the matter, my late father included, has said that the half life of clonazepam is such that 1 mg certainly shouldn't cause withdrawal upon abrupt discontinuation of the medicine.

If I did withdraw after abruptly stopping 2mg/day, it wasn't noticeable enough to matter.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every physician to whom I've spoken on the matter, my late father included, has said that the half life of clonazepam is such that 1 mg certainly shouldn't cause withdrawal upon abrupt discontinuation of the medicine.

If I did withdraw after abruptly stopping 2mg/day, it wasn't noticeable enough to matter.
See, the issue is not how long it stays in your system, which if you taking it daily doesn't matter anyway, it's the damage it does by binding to your gaba receptors and down regulating them, yes some people can come off with little issue, if you did, you better thank the good lord

themotion_

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve read through some of the posts in regards to the health risks associated with hair systems and as someone who is in the process of finding a salon/company to have the work done, I’m now somewhat fearful of the potential effects of the adhesives.

Would it be safe to say that most salon/companies use the same adhesives/bonds?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve read through some of the posts in regards to the health risks associated with hair systems and as someone who is in the process of finding a salon/company to have the work done, I’m now somewhat fearful of the potential effects of the adhesives.

Would it be safe to say that most salon/companies use the same adhesives/bonds?
I would think most use the same bonds, but you can request white bond to be used, or use tape which through research here on this thread seems to be a bit safer

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would think most use the same bonds, but you can request white bond to be used, or use tape which through research here on this thread seems to be a bit safer
Also we have been discussing this topic not to scare anyone, just inform. It is ment for you to make the best choice, wish I had this thread when I first started

themotion_

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also we have been discussing this topic not to scare anyone, just inform. It is ment for you to make the best choice, wish I had this thread when I first started

Would you have decided against the hair system route?

From most of the videos I’ve seen, they tend to use the bonds rather than the tapes .. I assume this is due to its greater strength?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair systems without doubt are about the best option as far as results and safety as opposed to medication, surgery. I just wish I would have known about the glue options. Yes, the bonds are stronger. Have you been wearing yet?

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, are you guys going to use ghost bond from now on? Just read through this thread and I am also thinking about getting a hair system... Don't know if it's worth it now since we don't know how dangerous it could be long term. I do understand a lot of other things in life also cause cancer and other diseases but with this I would be going in knowing it could cause damage to myself but then really... Wish someone knew more about ghost bond and how it actually processes through the skin.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, are you guys going to use ghost bond from now on? Just read through this thread and I am also thinking about getting a hair system... Don't know if it's worth it now since we don't know how dangerous it could be long term. I do understand a lot of other things in life also cause cancer and other diseases but with this I would be going in knowing it could cause damage to myself but then really... Wish someone knew more about ghost bond and how it actually processes through the skin.
I switched to ghost bond 6 months ago, we believe it to be the safest option, I have contacted the manufacturer and they claim it is much safer than the solvent glues. I am still of the position that the risk is probably there but low. Others may disagree. Too bad, who has a better knowledge of this has said ghost bond is safer, I would also like to know what exactly in ghost bond would be a risk...the ingredients are
Xanthan gum
Glycerin
Water
Acrylate copolymer
Color White

What exactly of these would cause what I'm not sure.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
I switched to ghost bond 6 months ago, we believe it to be the safest option, I have contacted the manufacturer and they claim it is much safer than the solvent glues. I am still of the position that the risk is probably there but low. Others may disagree. Too bad, who has a better knowledge of this has said ghost bond is safer, I would also like to know what exactly in ghost bond would be a risk...the ingredients are
Xanthan gum
Glycerin
Water
Acrylate copolymer
Color White

What exactly of these would cause what I'm not sure.

Yeah I will try to look into this. I really wanna wear a system cuz its the best option out there imo but im scared haha. Life is a gift and could end any day.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I will try to look into this. I really wanna wear a system cuz its the best option out there imo but im scared haha. Life is a gift and could end any day.
We have debated numbers of people who wear hair systems and let's just say its alot, so I personally have never been able to find anyone warning the public as to a bad experience. Keeping in mind everything has some kind of risk, including transplant, medication in my opinion is the worst and riskiest....this option seems the lesser of the risks to me

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
We have debated numbers of people who wear hair systems and let's just say its alot, so I personally have never been able to find anyone warning the public as to a bad experience. Keeping in mind everything has some kind of risk, including transplant, medication in my opinion is the worst and riskiest....this option seems the lesser of the risks to me

Yeah I agree with you. Hopefully some more knowledgeable ppl can join here and continue to discuss this issue.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Have we found any more information wether Ghost bond goes into bloodstream or not and if u go for a lace, is it Most safe to do full bond?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Have we found any more information wether Ghost bond goes into bloodstream or not and if u go for a lace, is it Most safe to do full bond?
Is there any confirmation about any of the ingredients entering bloodstream? Besides the obvious preservatives parabens.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any confirmation about any of the ingredients entering bloodstream? Besides the obvious preservatives parabens.
I thought you were confident ghost bond did not get in the blood stream?

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
We need to find this out because it would be calming to know that it doesn't go into bloodstream... For myself and you guys!

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We need to find this out because it would be calming to know that it doesn't go into bloodstream... For myself and you guys!
Problem is we will never get a straight answer, some will say yes some no. I don't even think the manufacturer knows.

Noah

Reaction score
That’s life gents; you have to back your own judgement. Toobad is an experienced medic (I would guess a very highly qualified one), and he has articulated the risks, but he personally is still taking those risks by wearing a hairpiece attached with adhesive. You can take comfort from the fact that most of the posters on this forum are taking the same risks, and no one is reporting health problems. You can also take comfort from the fact that there are literally millions of hairpiece wearers who have been wearing for decades, and yet you do not see any significant reports of health problems. If that is not sufficient comfort you, you should be considering carefully whether hair replacement is right for you. This is something that is intended to improve your quality of life - not keep you on tenterhooks as to whether you are poisoning yourself.

Last edited: