Guys Let's All Get Rich - Are You Ready?

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to naysay here, just stimulating discussion for the fun of it. For the time being I am going to maintain a modest investment in crypto, though I may move the portions around.

A good option for those wanting to invest in gold are Canadian gold coins. They charge a modest premium relative to the actual cost of gold, around 3%, comparable to the fees on bitcoin exchanges :)
https://online.kitco.com/buy/3110/1-oz-Gold-Canadian-Maple-Leaf-Coin-9999-3110
Separately I don't think that the volatility of gold is that high. The difference between its trough and its peak in the last few years is ~30%, that's not bad. It might be less if you can put up a convincing case that it's actually the US dollar that's shifting value.

ETA: Now that I think about it, I might buy a few gold coins for the sake of diversification. Perhaps they make silver coins as well? I'm just not sure how I'd sell them.
Imo, gold is has great appeal atm. More than a single reason for that.

blackg

Reaction score
Almost certainly. I've owned heavily China exposed stocks for years and they've consistently played the same games with regulation. It's an Asian cultural thing, they enjoy cracking the whip and asserting their dominance to show who's boss. The market eventually tires of their games though. They're all talk, and the idea that SK will ban crypto rather than simply implementing a CGT on crypto like almost every other first world country on earth is laughable.
An American government would never intertvene with crypto markets like this. Leaving all my friends on HairLossTalk.com with a massive hole in their big time investments.

Blackg predicted this downturn/recession.
Y'all screwed!

Susanoo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lot of good stuff in here, but curious...why you guys pump/sell through coinbase, kraken, etc. Aren't all cryptos accessible through general brokerage firms like Etrade and TDAmeritrade? Buying and selling through them should be way faster than going through coinbase, unless I'm completely missing something here?!?

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The red sea continues its' flooding

crash.png

Ethereum below 900. Time to put some money there and diversify from bitcoin maybe..

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
why I even felt to a crypto meme

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You mean beginning of the end of the bubble?

Yes.

I don't really expect these to take off given the power of nation states. Money is power, he who has the gold makes the rules, the ruling class is that which controls the means of production, et cetera. The only way I could see cryptocurrency truly taking off is in a decentralized world, like maybe ten years from now when China more further erodes the USA, and if Africa were in stronger shape as well.

I was hoping to make some dough in the meantime, but maybe not. I'm possibly a true cuck having bought at the peak of the bubble lol.
Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 9.23.52 AM.png