Guys Let's All Get Rich - Are You Ready?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Binance is once again accepting new users, for those of us looking to get into altcoins.

Here's a guide to setting up binance:
https://medium.com/wespostdotcom/th...exchange-buy-sell-cryptocurrency-fadb91d1fb09

In the past month or so I've lost money on bitcoin, bitcoin cash, and litecoin. Luckily the surge in ethereum has more than compensated for it, I'm roughly even now, marginally ahead actually, including the transfer fees.

Update: I've transferred a tiny amount of bitcoin from coinbase to binance to see if it works. If it works I'll send over most of my bitcoin (maybe 75%). Binance seems to have every coin I've heard about on here except for Raiblocks. I think that this is their list of coins:

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/binance/

Recommendations?

I guess if I buy coins on coinbase, and then transfer to binance, I should buy ethereum or litecoin or bitcoin cash to reduce transfer fees?

Last edited:

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Binance is once again accepting new users, for those of us looking to get into altcoins.

Here's a guide to setting up binance:
https://medium.com/wespostdotcom/th...exchange-buy-sell-cryptocurrency-fadb91d1fb09

In the past month or so I've lost money on bitcoin, bitcoin cash, and litecoin. Luckily the surge in ethereum has more than compensated for it, I'm roughly even now, marginally ahead actually, including the transfer fees.

Update: I've transferred a tiny amount of bitcoin from coinbase to binance to see if it works. If it works I'll send over most of my bitcoin (maybe 75%). Binance seems to have every coin I've heard about on here except for Raiblocks. I think that this is their list of coins:

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/binance/

Recommendations?

I guess if I buy coins on coinbase, and then transfer to binance, I should buy ethereum or litecoin or bitcoin cash to reduce transfer fees?

not the best decision to transfer btc

exchange btc to litecoin and then proceed to transfer

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do most of you use binace?

And are my USA peers worried about the 40% capital gains tax? This is ALOT and concerns me.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

And are my USA peers worried about the 40% capital gains tax? This is ALOT and concerns me.

There's no getting around the capital gains taxes for proles like myself. If I make money, I pay capital gains.

I doubt that most here use binance. Binance is new, and a lot of these guys are veterans. However, people like it because it's user-friendly, it has a wide selection of coins, and it's based in the UK which is a first-world country with an established legal and financial system.

Bittrex is apparently a good option but they're not taking new clients.
Poloniex might be a good option.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score

Capital gains tax has a limit beyond which it is taxable.
For india,its 2 lakh rupees(~3000 usd).

Your country might be having some below limit too.
If your profit is above it,you need to manage case with your local CA(chartered accountant) by doing anything like loans,insurance,etc or
in worst case scenaria:
Your About me snap on facebook:
Cryptowhale,philanthropist :p

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
All eyes on TON.

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
Why Chain Link?

On a serious note though, it’s worth checking the white paper and watching a few of the videos on YouTube about it (there’s an interview with the co-founder on there). If they’re able to achieve what they’re aiming to do, it will be a big player in the crypto market. Like most alts, it could go either way and time will tell. It’s certainly a gamble at this point.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys.

I sent the rest of the bitcoin that I planned on sending (in the future I'll use litecoin or ethereum to avoid transfer fees), and am awaiting confirmation. I'll likely be splitting it evenly between Monero, Stellar Lumens, Binance Coin, and Chain Link based on the advice here.

That will represent the end of my crypto investments for now. I'll then need to dedicate a few hours to set up my TD Ameritrade accounts, for which I'm thinking of getting mostly index funds.

Separately, as far as I can tell bitcoin has been eclipsed by other, superior coins, if one just looks at technology. The transfer fees are worse than even the SWIFT system. Recently, a bitcoin conference was unable to accept conference registration in bitcoins due to the high transfer fees and other issues. However, it's useful to buy other coins, it's the gateway coin. That is arguably the most potent use-case of any cryptocurrency.

Last edited:

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With Shiseido's planned data release this year and Replicel stock at an all time low, I bought an insignificant amount, and am wondering whether I should buy a more significant stake. I'm already up as high as 25% the past week.

I realize it's a very high risk investment but the reward could end up being pretty sweet if it pans out.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
With Shiseido's planned data release this year and Replicel stock at an all time low, I bought an insignificant amount, and am wondering whether I should buy a more significant stake. I'm already up as high as 25% the past week.

I realize it's a very high risk investment but the reward could end up being pretty sweet if it pans out.

I plan on buying those stocks. Maybe later this week. It's a pain to set everything up with all of the traveling and illnesses I've dealt with lately.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys.

I sent the rest of the bitcoin that I planned on sending (in the future I'll use litecoin or ethereum to avoid transfer fees), and am awaiting confirmation. I'll likely be splitting it evenly between Monero, Stellar Lumens, Binance Coin, and Chain Link based on the advice here.

That will represent the end of my crypto investments for now. I'll then need to dedicate a few hours to set up my TD Ameritrade accounts, for which I'm thinking of getting mostly index funds.

Separately, as far as I can tell bitcoin has been eclipsed by other, superior coins, if one just looks at technology. The transfer fees are worse than even the SWIFT system. Recently, a bitcoin conference was unable to accept conference registration in bitcoins due to the high transfer fees and other issues. However, it's useful to buy other coins, it's the gateway coin. That is arguably the most potent use-case of any cryptocurrency.

Eth is already eroding bitcoins strength as the gateway coin. Really praying the bitcoin community gets its sh*t together this year and opts for a major blocksize increase to deal with onchain scaling. At this point eth is set to be the premier "blue-chip" however and should be the bulk of a lower-risk crypto portfolio.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Eth is already eroding bitcoins strength as the gateway coin. Really praying the bitcoin community gets its sh*t together this year and opts for a major blocksize increase to deal with onchain scaling. At this point eth is set to be the premier "blue-chip" however and should be the bulk of a lower-risk crypto portfolio.

Why are you praying for bitcoin to be fixed? Would it not be fine if natural selection wiped out an inferior first-generation product? This happens in virtually every genuine industry.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you praying for bitcoin to be fixed? Would it not be fine if natural selection wiped out an inferior first-generation product? This happens in virtually every genuine industry.

Sure, but the problem is largely fixable by a simple blocksize increase and more down the track as need be or a blocktime decrease both of which are nonissues regarding technical implementation. It's inferior but it's also programmable, it doesn't HAVE to die out, and if it does it will for the most part be due to political reasons which would be sad simply as a matter of history even if you're not hugely exposed to the coin anymore like myself.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone use etherdelta? My head is spinning on this one. I don' even see where you log in.??? How the hell do you deposit ethereum from coinbase??

If you can find a way around using etherdelta for whatever coin you're looking for, do so. No one likes using it. Also been hacked before and now shady new owners.