Guys Let's All Get Rich - Are You Ready?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got a friend who is doing this and is making a ton but I don't dare join in. These things can be volatile and every so often he makes a huge loss - for me I just play is safe and go slow and steady.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem is, when I (ppl like me) find out about it it's a sign that it's a bubble already.

There will be a crash of bitcoin in the next years when more bitcoin purses are coming under attack.

While bitcoin itself seems pretty flawless it's still quite easy to steal the pw to your Wallet. So keep the password and the wallet on a dedicated offline machine like an old Macbook and not in mount gox.

I honestly dunno which altcoin is safer than bitcoin.

Also feel a bit dumb right now, because I suspect cryptographic money to take over for a long time. Cryptonomicon is my favourite book.

Also didn't by apple stock in 2001 with my Macbook. :/

I will buy after the crash.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw I forgot the key to my bitcoin wallet. :D

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What?!!!

I had like two dollars left in my wallet, now it's 50$. FML.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been following the cryptocurrency market (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, XRP, etc) and the opportunity to turn a few dollars into a fortune has been there for several years but never as much as today. Once you get rich, hair transplants for everyone!

But seriously, i missed out - i owned BTC and sold it and i missed out on a shitload of money, i mean serious f*****g cash. I'd be a proper multi-millionaire right now if i didn't sell what i had 2 years ago. But i'm not making that same mistake again - i've got some ethereum and a good amount of XRP, which is supposed to skyrocket this year. I'm catching that train, join me if you want and thank me later.

I'm in, but first I wanna try the drugs you took before posting this thread.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I might get some monero. It seems to establish itself in the drug business as It's more anonymous than bitcoin.

If it has a legit (lol) application behind it I will probably grow.

I don't put too much into it though. I don't have the knowledge and the opsec to invest large amounts of money and store them safely. #Mtgox

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If only I had taken my investopedia more seriously, I wanna make dough like Mac but don't have a clue how to even buy this sh*t.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i bought about 300$ worth of bitcoin a few years back. f*****g sh*t would be worth 3000 a week or two ago. damn lol

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 55336
Buying BTC, LTC and ETH is easy, just get Coinbase and load it up. XRP is more difficult, once you load up Coinbase, create an account with gatehub and send Bitcoin or Ethereum to your gatehub account and then convert it to XRP.
Don't buy BTC - focus on XRP, LTC and ETH; BTC is only for transfering at this point since it is not likely to appreciate as quickly anymore.

I'm not going to admit to anyone I'm taking financial advice from someone sending me GIFs of rappers like Lil Wayne throwing money everywhere, but thank you I will try this when back on my laptop.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do these things go wrong?

Because if it was flawless everyone would do it and get rich - so I'm wondering what the flaws of investing in this could be?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do these things go wrong?

Because if it was flawless everyone would do it and get rich - so I'm wondering what the flaws of investing in this could be?

Well obviously that's what I'm wary of but I can still throw some money in. I've made a decent amount playing poker this year from nothing, so I can justify spending some gambling money at least.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well obviously that's what I'm wary of but I can still throw some money in. I've made a decent amount playing poker this year from nothing, so I can justify spending some gambling money at least.
I used to have a gambling addiction so I need to watch myself around risks!

The old me would throw £5,000 at it and hope for the best.

I used to turnover £3,000 a week for a while - but a series of bad bets left me thousands of pounds in the whole. I had to make a call of whether to cut my losses or whether to go for broke. I ended up cutting my losses and leaving while I still had some money left.

After that I quit gambling.

I've done many vices in my lifetime but I will tell you - there is no greater thrill then betting big and winning.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The future of money is 3D printing. Why go to Mcdonalds when you can print your own hamburger? It will be insane. Take manufacturing back from China with your very own factory in the garage, producing what ever you like.

$$$ :cool:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to have a gambling addiction so I need to watch myself around risks!

The old me would throw £5,000 at it and hope for the best.

I used to turnover £3,000 a week for a while - but a series of bad bets left me thousands of pounds in the whole. I had to make a call of whether to cut my losses or whether to go for broke. I ended up cutting my losses and leaving while I still had some money left.

After that I quit gambling.

I've done many vices in my lifetime but I will tell you - there is no greater thrill then betting big and winning.

Luckily I'm too much of a pussy to throw around large amounts of money. At most I'll do a few hundred quid buy in to a cash game but I'll quit like f*** is I lose even half of it.

I'm not at all stingey with money but when it comes to gambling I dunno, just hate seeing money going for nothing. Im really cautious about it and only play poker as you have at least some leverage on the outcome (over a period of time, at least). I have still never placed a non-free bet on a sporting event for example (but sometimes think about it, for example Mayweather MacGregor I might)).

That feeling of excitement you got from gambling is more of a feeling of relief for me. I'm more content at the end of a good session than overjoyed, that I'm getting better at the game.

Sounds like it got pretty messy for you, damn son.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Luckily I'm too much of a pussy to throw around large amounts of money. At most I'll do a few hundred quid buy in to a cash game but I'll quit like f*** is I lose even half of it.

I'm not at all stingey with money but when it comes to gambling I dunno, just hate seeing money going for nothing. Im really cautious about it and only play poker as you have at least some leverage on the outcome (over a period of time, at least). I have still never placed a non-free bet on a sporting event for example (but sometimes think about it, for example Mayweather MacGregor I might)).

That feeling of excitement you got from gambling is more of a feeling of relief for me. I'm more content at the end of a good session than overjoyed, that I'm getting better at the game.

Sounds like it got pretty messy for you, damn son.
I was dutch betting on the horses.

It started off with an online bet company called bet 365 equalling your first bet - so I bet £300 on a horse to wins and it turned to £3000. Because I didn't earn the money it felt like I had nothing to lose by gambling it again. So I began to bet £500 each on the three favourites in a race of 8-10 horses. More times than not one of those 3 horse won and so I was sitting on around £5000.

After doing this on and off for a month or so I decided to up the stakes and bet £1,000 on each horse and I bet on two races totalling at £6,000. I'd been winning more times than not and I knew if either horse I bet on one then my winnings would double to over £10,000. Unfortunately on the day of the two races underdogs one the race - like massive underdogs of 50-1 - and suddenly I went from having £5,000 to being a £1,000 in the red.

I didn't cry or shout or anything. I just sat quietly for like two hours and thought about all the things that I could have bought for £5,000

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oooh it's a tough one

Obviously Mayweather is vastly favored to win, which is why you have to bet a whole lot to win a whole little on him. So some people will take the odds and MacGregor. Many people, if the line is set right. That's how sports betting works.