Guys Let's All Get Rich - Are You Ready?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who would you bet on?

Not a question of who but when, and Mayweather in the 3rd.

I thought this before seeing the odds and for some reason they're very good for this round.

I was dutch betting on the horses.

It started off with an online bet company called bet 365 equalling your first bet - so I bet £300 on a horse to wins and it turned to £3000. Because I didn't earn the money it felt like I had nothing to lose by gambling it again. So I began to bet £500 each on the three favourites in a race of 8-10 horses. More times than not one of those 3 horse won and so I was sitting on around £5000.

After doing this on and off for a month or so I decided to up the stakes and bet £1,000 on each horse and I bet on two races totalling at £6,000. I'd been winning more times than not and I knew if either horse I bet on one then my winnings would double to over £10,000. Unfortunately on the day of the two races underdogs one the race - like massive underdogs of 50-1 - and suddenly I went from having £5,000 to being a £1,000 in the red.

I didn't cry or shout or anything. I just sat quietly for like two hours and thought about all the things that I could have bought for £5,000

That sucks but it sounds inevitable that money would be down to zero regardless, at least you're out of that game.

A few times I've found myself getting comfortable with betting over a hundred quid on a hand, if I'm having a really good day and up like £500, that's when I have to reign it in and realise this is actually a good amount of money, and the guys gambling with this amount are very unpredictable. In the space of 15mins if you get out of your lane you can lose all your hard days grind (a guy I know does this- explodes every week and ends up losing money from a good position).

Also, if I lose money, like go online and put in a tenner twice, lose it, I know I'm not on a run. I regularly turn a tenner into over a hundred up to 3 or 4, but if I lose quickly I know I'm not feeling it, and I put it down for a week (which is why I had haven't touched it this weekend).

Unfortunately I'm already finding poker really boring, my initial dream from years ago of actually making a living off it will never be a realistic possibility. I just don't have the determination to grind for hours a day and keep my cool

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
used to play shittttttttttt loads poker. i f*****g loved it. signed up to all the websites, bought all the books. studied the sh*t out of it

loved it. but i just dont have the temperament for it. i just cant handle losing. like rudiger says, winning become more a relief. losing was f*****g brutal and takes a real toll on your mental health.

i hate losing at anything, but when money is involved, it goes to a whole new level. ive lost count the amount of laptops ive smashed because of f*****g online poker looooool. had to quit. just dont have the mindset for it. you need to be cool to play that sh*t. otherwise your gonna lose all your f*****g money and your mind as well.

good fun though when things are going well

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
used to play shittttttttttt loads poker. i f*****g loved it. signed up to all the websites, bought all the books. studied the sh*t out of it

loved it. but i just dont have the temperament for it. i just cant handle losing. like rudiger says, winning become more a relief. losing was f*****g brutal and takes a real toll on your mental health.

i hate losing at anything, but when money is involved, it goes to a whole new level. ive lost count the amount of laptops ive smashed because of f*****g online poker looooool. had to quit. just dont have the mindset for it. you need to be cool to play that sh*t. otherwise your gonna lose all your f*****g money and your mind as well.

good fun though when things are going well

Aw sh*t bud sounds awful man if you can't control your temper you get cleaned out, can't trust these hustlers.

But what about one last spin for old times sake, heads up £1/£2, just for a laugh with your buddy Rudiger.

Cya at the tables m8

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But I'm a lucky f*** like you wouldn't believe. You can find me at the roulette table with the floor managers hovering around, trying to figure out how this punk was able to win 3x in a row by betting a single number inside with odds of 1/37 (which is 0.001% odds), or consecutively hitting 5 jackpots in 5 different slot machines within 20min at the high stakes slots for over $10k total.
Lol, you remind me of Dale Cooper from 2017 Twin Peaks. Mr. Jackpots.
BTW, can you suggest how much I should invest to get at least 100k until this pays off. Euros, Dollars?

Last edited:

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 55336
Buying BTC, LTC and ETH is easy, just get Coinbase and load it up. XRP is more difficult, once you load up Coinbase, create an account with gatehub and send Bitcoin or Ethereum to your gatehub account and then convert it to XRP.
Don't buy BTC - focus on XRP, LTC and ETH; BTC is only for transfering at this point since it is not likely to appreciate as quickly anymore.

Big mac you are tempting me with this XRP shizzle.. I have some money I need to invest anyway.

Why is it that you don't just buy XRP with US$ or Euro on Gatehub as explained here https://ripple.com/xrp/how-to-buy-xrp-on-gatehub/ instead of going through the Coinbase thing first?

How easy is it to sell once you want to cash out?

Also, how do you protect your crypto money? I'm guessing hackers are very eager to get their hands on these goods.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone smarter than me once said that if you find poker exciting then you are playing it wrong. To play it right and make money at it means playing carefully and it does get very boring. The fact you find it boring tells me you play well. If you want excitement, there's always the roulette table.

That makes sense. Even "ultra-aggressive" players down the years, from Ungar to Viktor Blom, are nowhere near as crazy as the guys who regularly lose their money.

I bluff regularly and get in hands I shouldn't, and it's risky, I do get aggressive in my style, but then you easily cross a line into pure stupidity.

Not a chance I'd try roulette though, I don't have a clue how you got 3 single numbers right in a row.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pure luck. Funny thing was there was a chick at the table with me that came up and asked me if i was just betting that one number, and i told her "yes - that's the number that is coming up" with absolute confidence. She ended up betting the same number and made money. Next spin comes and i do the same thing, and tell her she should bet the same number, she doesn't - she loses. Third spin comes and i pick a random number and i hit - the dealer and floor management were dumbfounded; i turned $50 into over $5,000 in three spins. If only i had bet more than $50 each time i would have made out even better.
It was a good day.

You are a freak, man.

The guys I've known who've spent countless hours looking up "systems", but to be fair over a period of time they seem to do pretty good, but still. That's mental.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
All great questions @SteveTabernack - see below for answers:
1 - I don't buy direct from Gatehub because they have limits and they take forever to validate identity in the US. Since i already had a Coinbase account and Coinbase allows me to buy with a credit card for instant deposit, ive decided to use Coinbase+Gatehub to buy XRP. Mind you the transfer fees of sending BTC/ETH to Gatehub from Coinbase are not small, but when time is of the essence (and with Crypto it usually is) then you want instant deposits and thats why Coinbase's instant deposit via a credit card is helpful.

2 - It's instant - the beauty of crypto is how quickly you can unload it. Simply going to Gatehub allows you to convert XRP to ETH or BTC instantly and then send it to Coinbase and have Coinbase deposit in bank account. It takes only about 30min to 1hr for the transactions to take place. Mind you having it withdrawn from Gatehub directly (via connected account) is probably better but again i don't know how long it will take them to validate your identity and allow you to purchase XRP.

3 - Protection is paramount. Always enable two step authentication with Google Authenticator (it's an app you download); always keep your credentials safe and use unique, and extremely complex passwords for each account. It's a pain but it keeps you safe. If someone hacks Gatehub/Coinbase and steals your money you are still out, but it's not different from any bank account.

Remember guys, only invest what you can afford to lose. If you don't have the stomach for it, then don't do it. You will see the value of your investment go down at times, and possibly go up quite a bit - you have to be cautious and not make rash decisions; yes it does go down, and then it goes back up and probably down and up again, that's just the way it goes. The trend is in general for it to go up so hold the investment for enough time to see it payoff (unless payoff comes very soon, then cash out).

Legit answers. Doing gods work here.

Maybe it won't take as long for us Eurocels to get validated.

If you can be bothered it would be cool if you could outline the findings from your research that make you believe it will be so successful.

I'm gonna start my own research tomorrow. Just quickly saw on Reddit that there's this big financial event (Ebaday) starting tomorrow(June 20th) with Ripple set to speak on the 21st. Could lead to a jump?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pure luck. Funny thing was there was a chick at the table with me that came up and asked me if i was just betting that one number, and i told her "yes - that's the number that is coming up" with absolute confidence. She ended up betting the same number and made money. Next spin comes and i do the same thing, and tell her she should bet the same number, she doesn't - she loses. Third spin comes and i pick a random number and i hit - the dealer and floor management were dumbfounded; i turned $50 into over $5,000 in three spins. If only i had bet more than $50 each time i would have made out even better.
It was a good day.

AC or Vegas?

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I already got a coinbase account with BTC and ETH, decided to make an account at gatehub now in order to transfer some BTC into XRP. I'm trying to transfer my bitcoin over to the gatehub account, but I can't transfer it to my wallet. I think it's a Ripple only wallet, and I can't make a BTC wallet apparently because I need 20 XRP to do so. My wallet is disabled for some reason and I need 20 XRP to start using it, but I can't transfer it basically.

Am I retarded?

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I already got a coinbase account with BTC and ETH, decided to make an account at gatehub now in order to transfer some BTC into XRP. I'm trying to transfer my bitcoin over to the gatehub account, but I can't transfer it to my wallet. I think it's a Ripple only wallet, and I can't make a BTC wallet apparently because I need 20 XRP to do so. My wallet is disabled for some reason and I need 20 XRP to start using it, but I can't transfer it basically.

Am I retarded?
lol incel coping mechanisms. f*** dude Im gone for a week and nothing has changed

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Am I retarded?

Ah f*** I just know I'm going to run into shitty problems like this. I've been PMing Mac for advice and I feel retarded.

Actually you can reply here if you want Mac, to help others.

Would a little step by step guide be too much trouble? Just for retards like me. It doesn't have to be a huge user guide just a simple "1- download this 2- create an account with that" etc

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just realised I've been using the word retarded liberally, sorry guys.

I'll give it some thought next time.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hang on, what the f*** is wrong with liberals? You f*****g fascist.

Give it soemthubfdjgojdfgkofdjgdfojgnlgbf

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You f*****g fascist.

I didn't know you spent your free time being derogatory about fascists.

I expected better from you, that's all.

IMG_20170620_234851.jpg