Guys Let's All Get Rich - Are You Ready?

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
for myself, I play MTT 10-30$ buy-in

wasn't lucky on final tables and lost few critical preflop all-ins where I had 60-70% equity... could win up to $10k with some luck but $1.3k is ok
Russian statistics freak

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
i don't know much about Dash but it does look like it grew a ridiculous amount; i would think it would be primed for some type of correction

Just took a look at the price of Dash. Damn wish I would have invested in it lol. The price went from 150 at the time of my original post to 690 at the moment (measured in euros).

I invested a bit in XRP now, though I expect nothing. Sucks...

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the easiest and most secure way to buy some modest amount of bitcoin, ethereum, and ripple? I've been convinced that they may have some value.

I'm worried about what happened to a friend of mine. He bought bitcoin, but the exchanges refuse to sell it back to him. They asked for notarized copies of passport, etc or whatever, he sent it to them and they just said that they don't believe that he is who he says he is. How often does this happen? What can be done to prevent it?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been following the cryptocurrency market (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, XRP, etc) and the opportunity to turn a few dollars into a fortune has been there for several years but never as much as today. Once you get rich, hair transplants for everyone!

But seriously, i missed out - i owned BTC and sold it and i missed out on a shitload of money, i mean serious f*****g cash. I'd be a proper multi-millionaire right now if i didn't sell what i had 2 years ago. But i'm not making that same mistake again - i've got some ethereum and a good amount of XRP, which is supposed to skyrocket this year. I'm catching that train, join me if you want and thank me later.

This should be in "off topic"

but on a side note, My buddy started up a bitcoin hobby and Im going to start hitting some meetings with him. Wish me luck.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/4/16732952/winklevoss-twins-bitcoin-billionaires-surge

The Winklevoss twins are now Bitcoin billionaires

634303794.jpg.0.jpg

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't achieve to register on coinbase , the system of taking a photo of your passeport is a pain in the ***

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the easiest and most secure way to buy some modest amount of bitcoin, ethereum, and ripple? I've been convinced that they may have some value.

I'm worried about what happened to a friend of mine. He bought bitcoin, but the exchanges refuse to sell it back to him. They asked for notarized copies of passport, etc or whatever, he sent it to them and they just said that they don't believe that he is who he says he is. How often does this happen? What can be done to prevent it?

Macaroni was spot on with what he said, but I'd also add that it's worth getting a hardware wallet like a Ledger nano S or Trezor to store them with and remove 3rd party risk of holding on an exchange and risk of getting hacked. Probably not necessary if we're only talking a few hundred, but well worth it if it's over a few thousand.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you sign up for Coinbase you also get access to Gdax (may need another layer of verification to use Gdax). Trading on Gdax carries basically zero fee's so stupid to use Coinbase over it .

Just picked up a Ledger nano as well.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Coinbase verification is screwing me bad. Keep getting the drivers license/passport (tried both) part sitting there for 20mins verifying, nothing happens and then back to square one.

Tried it on the website instead of app, even more f*****g annoying it automatically does a selfie mode on my camera so it's damn hard to take a decent drivers license photo, and when you do, it goes all warped (doesn't give the option to retake it).

Also it won't even send the verification code to my phone! On top of that keeps saying on one screen "number already added" and it doesn't give you the option of then requesting the code.

f*** this.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Coinbase is probably the fastest safest way to do it, but they do have ridiculous fees. Once you connect your bank account to Coinbase you can then withdraw in seconds; to setup an account with them you have to provide copy of driver's license and credit card but it's all done in the app and it is fast. You can buy BTC, ETH, or LTC on Coinbase; then, if you want to buy other "alt" coins, you could create an account with another exchange such as Bittrex or Poloniex, etc and send your Coinbase funds to your wallet on those exchanges. Once received, you could purchase Ripple (XRP), or any other alt coins with the BTC you got on Coinbase. Obviously there's a million ways to do this but for newcomers this is probably the easiest way.

I finally made an account and I see that the price is now $16,000.

I wait a few days to make an account and I lose 25%, lol.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ugh, coinable asks for my online banking ID and password.

@macaroni what did you do?

Last edited:

blackg

Reaction score
Coinbase verification is screwing me bad. Keep getting the drivers license/passport (tried both) part sitting there for 20mins verifying, nothing happens and then back to square one.

Tried it on the website instead of app, even more f*****g annoying it automatically does a selfie mode on my camera so it's damn hard to take a decent drivers license photo, and when you do, it goes all warped (doesn't give the option to retake it).

Also it won't even send the verification code to my phone! On top of that keeps saying on one screen "number already added" and it doesn't give you the option of then requesting the code.

f*** this.
Just give them your bank account details and then things run a bit smoother.

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys BTC will correct, I would be very cautious buying it right now, let it slightly correct and jump in then. I known @JeanLucBB will disagree but the reality is because of the difficulty adjustment they are making BTC is expected to adjust down and you'll be able to buy in cheaper. How much it will correct I don't know, but a correction is coming - I'd guess it will drop down to $14k and hang there for a couple of days before taking off again, but that's just a complete guess.

According to google it just jumped a grand in the last hour. It’s becoming insane.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys BTC will correct, I would be very cautious buying it right now, let it slightly correct and jump in then. I known @JeanLucBB will disagree but the reality is because of the difficulty adjustment they are making BTC is expected to adjust down and you'll be able to buy in cheaper. How much it will correct I don't know, but a correction is coming - I'd guess it will drop down to $14k and hang there for a couple of days before taking off again, but that's just a complete guess.

I agree it's right to be cautious at these prices, typically we correct 20-30% after this level of a run up but I think we may have a thousandish $ left to go here in the ultra short term.

If your buying horizon is 3 years, you have a hardware wallet and a few alt coins + ethereum I wouldn't be worried buying however. I'm still pumping a few hundred a week into alts even if the bulk of my buying is done. For my dads portfolio I still have options to move money from elsewhere in the case of a major dip and I'm sure others are thinking the same.

We will (we may not be there yet) eventually get to a point where it is so big that institutional investors and financial advisers become "obligated" to join the party. One thing I am slightly worried about is the arrival of bitcoin futures on the 10th, as it gives institutions a means of shorting (betting against for profit) and using hedging strategies while doing this.

What it comes down to is the intrinsic utility of the assets, their fundamental attributes and the potential for demand, new users and the network effect to drive prices higher. That number in market cap terms is still somewhere 10x from where we are now, just need to give it time.

Last edited: