Guys Let's All Get Rich - Are You Ready?

blackg

Reaction score
I mainly visit this section now to see if there's any interesting crypto news, can cuckg f*** off away from this thread as he has nothing valuable to add.

That being said with this rule, he'd have to f*** off from every thread, ever.

Fine by me.
I still love you, by the way. I hope you had a good Christmas my Irish friend.

blackg

Reaction score
I just decided to stick with Bitcoin, put more in to it when it got low yesterday, and that already looks good.

I'll just keep it there because I have no time to really research and invest in other potential shitcoins.
Then you're screwed. Enjoy eating pet food this Irish spring (top temps: 12 degrees Celsius, 53.6 Fahrenheit).

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then you're screwed. Enjoy eating pet food this Irish spring (top temps: 12 degrees Celsius, 53.6 Fahrenheit).

Once you had a complete mental breakdown on here for about a week in the aftermath of the sh*t I gave you to reflect on how you have an infinite amount of truly terrible qualities as a human being. It involved uncharacteristic long ramblings about your life.

And still you play with fire.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once you had a complete mental breakdown on here for about a week in the aftermath of the sh*t I gave you to reflect on how you have an infinite amount of truly terrible qualities as a human being. It involved uncharacteristic long ramblings about your life.

Poor cuckg.

blackg

Reaction score

What exactly are you talking? (this should keep you busy for half an hour)

blackg

Reaction score
Poor cuckg.
Don't believe this dramatist. It's in his character to completely overstated everything, especially the impact his soporific posts have on another member (chuckle).
He has a reputation on this forum to uphold!
Don't ya get it, son!

This should be good. I'm grabbing another beer.

blackg

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure you remember, even the constant attempt at killing your brain cells with alcohol like a f*****g moron, it won't wash that memory out.
No, I don't. You will have to find the post. Copy and paste it, then give us all your undergraduate opinion on my mental state at the time.

This should be really entertaining.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I don't. You will have to find the post. Copy and paste it, then give us all your undergraduate opinion on my mental state at the time.

This should be really entertaining.

It was more than a single post, it was a week of them. You f*****g cracked.

I guess constant beers can indeed dull the mind completely.

blackg

Reaction score
It was more than a single post, it was a week of them. You f*****g cracked.

I guess constant beers can indeed dull the mind completely.
All this "alcohol is bad for your brain" stuff is seriously second grade.
Really, from someone who cares about you, find something more original.

Now.. about my breakdown (let's call it that), I actually do remember that period.. and it was a rush!
I won't bore the regular members on here with why, but I can PM you if you like?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
All this "alcohol is bad for your brain" stuff is seriously second grade.
Really, from someone who cares about you, find something more original.

Now.. about my breakdown (let's call it that), I actually do remember that period.. and it was a rush!
I won't bore the regular members on here with why, but I can PM you if you like?

Get a hair transplant to calm your mental state and lay off the alcohol + go vegan.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Main problem with those I see and with gold Bullion at least where I live is the spread of buy and sell prices is monstrous. Better off putting the money towards jewellery with tangible utility like a Rolex that holds its value well long term (if you discount the premium of buying one brand new). Anyone paying attention to crypto should stay well clear of gold too in my opinion, but if you want precious metals or gold exposure for diversification purposes the best way to get it is with a simple ETF, unless you're really into the idea of holding gold or silver yourself. A lot of people bring up counterparty risk with gold ETFs but you still have to deal with fucked up buy/sell spreads, insurance, theft risk, storage, purity tests etc if you're opting for physical gold and silver which makes it only appealing to enthusiasts, not investors in my opinion.

With a more business friendly agenda in the US for the short term it's a massive contrarian bet too. Unless you're talking more than 300-400k in total investments gold is a bad idea even for diversification purposes.

One of gold's roles in diversification is as an apocalypse insurance. It (and silver and possibly real estate) are among the few things that would retain value in a genuine depression. Other candidates include stocks in weapons contractors like Raytheon, and if you have specific skills like medical training. Canadian mint gold coins have a good reputation and thus you would not need to worry about purity tests.

It is debatable if the current agenda in the USA is more business friendly. They are cutting back on trade deals which is not helpful, there's a threat now yo pull out of NAFTA, with Canada and Mexico being the second and third largest trading partners of the USA. They are also failing to pursue new trade deals. The recent tax reform is raising the cost of living on the middle class.

One of the valid things that Steve Bannon stated is that the US is currently in a global trade war with China. He said that they have ~15 years to try and win it, if they fail then China will dominate the global economy in the 21st century. I agree with him on the general picture. Right now the USA is pulling out of trade talks globally, that includes micro-trade deals not discussed in Africa for example.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
One of gold's roles in diversification is as an apocalypse insurance. It (and silver and possibly real estate) are among the few things that would retain value in a genuine depression. Other candidates include stocks in weapons contractors like Raytheon, and if you have specific skills like medical training. Canadian mint gold coins have a good reputation and thus you would not need to worry about purity tests.

It is debatable if the current agenda in the USA is more business friendly. They are cutting back on trade deals which is not helpful, there's a threat now yo pull out of NAFTA, with Canada and Mexico being the second and third largest trading partners of the USA. They are also failing to pursue new trade deals. The recent tax reform is raising the cost of living on the middle class.

One of the valid things that Steve Bannon stated is that the US is currently in a global trade war with China. He said that they have ~15 years to try and win it, if they fail then China will dominate the global economy in the 21st century. I agree with him on the general picture. Right now the USA is pulling out of trade talks globally, that includes micro-trade deals not discussed in Africa for example.

"One of gold's roles in diversification is as an apocalypse insurance. It (and silver and possibly real estate) are among the few things that would retain value in a genuine depression. "

Agree with your weapons sentiment, but in reality this thought on gold is just silly and lacking in critical thought. It's a stoner thinking about a zombie apocalypse hypothetical. Do you really believe in an apocalypse (economic or otherwise) in which people are legitimately stocking up on guns that they are going to move to a non divisible asset with MASSIVE storage risk, purity test difficulty and high cost of carry? Not simply saying that as a rhetorical, take a legitimate think about how ridiculous that sounds. You're simply quoting what someone else said without thinking it through.

Wishful thinking on behalf of gold and silver bugs on a hypothetical with no precedent and no a shred of logical thought backing it. Nothing but cliche and a meme.

"would not need to worry about purity tests."

Not when buying, but highly likely when selling.

"The recent tax reform is raising the cost of living on the middle class."

Specific examples? For the majority this is simply false.

"It is debatable if the current agenda in the USA is more business friendly. They are cutting back on trade deals which is not helpful, there's a threat now yo pull out of NAFTA, with Canada and Mexico being the second and third largest trading partners of the USA. They are also failing to pursue new trade deals. The recent tax reform is raising the cost of living on the middle class."

No one who was being honest would suggest the current agenda isn't more pro business than the last, or even the one before that. Exports at an all time high and removal from the trade deals in question would have a negligble effect on GDP in terms of the figures I have seen while pulling out will have many benefits for the worker and economic sovereignty. Rejection of the Paris agreement and a more free market approach to energy at the federal level another benefit. Business confidence figures also undeniably soared upon Trumps election and have held relatively steady since. Same story for small business confidence. Corporate tax cuts are huge as well.

Could put out points all day on this issue, there isn't a single metric under which you could suggest Trump is less business friendly, but if you can find one that isn't talking points about pulling out of trade deals and talks (while exports are visibly increasing) then that would be nice. Those getting upset over his approach to trade and suggesting they will hurt the US are rather tellingly nations such as China who are visible competitors. Many of the hardline talks on trade pre-election such as massive tariffs were all talk to begin with and will never be implemented.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
"One of gold's roles in diversification is as an apocalypse insurance. It (and silver and possibly real estate) are among the few things that would retain value in a genuine depression. "

Agree with your weapons sentiment, but in reality this thought on gold is just silly and lacking in critical thought. It's a stoner thinking about a zombie apocalypse hypothetical. Do you really believe in an apocalypse (economic or otherwise) in which people are legitimately stocking up on guns that they are going to move to a non divisible asset with MASSIVE storage risk, purity test difficulty and high cost of carry? Not simply saying that as a rhetorical, take a legitimate think about how ridiculous that sounds. You're simply quoting what someone else said without thinking it through.

Wishful thinking on behalf of gold and silver bugs on a hypothetical with no precedent and no a shred of logical thought backing it. Nothing but cliche and a meme.

"would not need to worry about purity tests."

Not when buying, but highly likely when selling.

"The recent tax reform is raising the cost of living on the middle class."

Specific examples? For the majority this is simply false.

"It is debatable if the current agenda in the USA is more business friendly. They are cutting back on trade deals which is not helpful, there's a threat now yo pull out of NAFTA, with Canada and Mexico being the second and third largest trading partners of the USA. They are also failing to pursue new trade deals. The recent tax reform is raising the cost of living on the middle class."

No one who was being honest would suggest the current agenda isn't more pro business than the last, or even the one before that. Exports at an all time high and removal from the trade deals in question would have a negligble effect on GDP in terms of the figures I have seen while pulling out will have many benefits for the worker and economic sovereignty. Rejection of the Paris agreement and a more free market approach to energy at the federal level another benefit. Business confidence figures also undeniably soared upon Trumps election and have held relatively steady since. Same story for small business confidence. Corporate tax cuts are huge as well.

Could put out points all day on this issue, there isn't a single metric under which you could suggest Trump is less business friendly, but if you can find one that isn't talking points about pulling out of trade deals and talks (while exports are visibly increasing) then that would be nice. Those getting upset over his approach to trade and suggesting they will hurt the US are rather tellingly nations such as China who are visible competitors. Many of the hardline talks on trade pre-election such as massive tariffs were all talk to begin with and will never be implemented.

The tax reform is coupled to reforms in the affordable care act (Obamacare), and thus premiums are rising for a large number of people. It is unfortunate that the USA does not have a coherent health care system like Australia, it's the world's largest health care spender (~18% of GDP !!!) and achieves abysmal results. Here's one reference:
http://www.businessinsider.com/2018-obamacare-premiums-trump-hhs-2017-10

Though I am quoting zero hedge extensively in these forums I am mostly doing it for fun. I do not source my pessimistic medium-term view to them, and in general they predict every single failure in society by simply over predicting failure everywhere. It's doomsday p**rn, if you like I can be a bit more selective in what I post over the next month or two.

I remind you that every empire in history has failed, and that one day two the USA will fail. I think that everybody agrees on that, where I distinguish myself is that I say that we're in that process now and that problems will accelerate soon. The country has a lot of problems that I don't see being resolved. For example the fact that health care runs at 18% of GDP and rising. That's not good, and I don't see any plausible resolution. Meanwhile life expectancy is on the decline. This decreases the country's economic competitiveness.

Some bright spots on the horizon:

- Solar energy might crash the cost of power generation and lead to the formation of new capital. This is a positive, though I think that cheap electricity will benefit manufacturers more than consumers. I also don't know if this industry will be based in the USA. This is around the corner.
- Self-driving cars will yield tremendous, transformative efficiencies. This is likely to be based in the USA (Google, Uber, etc) and thus will benefit large US capital. The USA will no longer lose 40,000 lives a year to traffic accidents. Americans will no longer spend ~2 hours a day idle, driving, that time will be liberated. Real estate prices might fall as more distant suburbs become economically viable, given the increasing speed limits. However, this is not around the corner. There is no way that this is coming out in 2019 as some companies promise.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
To what extent is the Australian economy simply fulfilling the role of sending raw materials to the East Asian boom? Is that a sufficient economic base, can and should the country diversify from that?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yesterday I invested in a coin full depo

Today it the most fallen coin on the market :rolleyes:

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On a broader perspective anything that simply has to do with risk and regrets.
The vast majority of people who gamble and take high risks,end up alcoholic losers.