Good Results With Topical Certizine

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it is not . It have Propilen glycol as vehicle . And sugar is not use it , just some flavour .

Well i guess there's different formulations then, i think straight PG would still not be an ideal vehicle.

Anyways, f*** cetirizine, i've been on oral cet since I was 14 for reasons unrelated to hairloss (almost 10 years now) and still have bumfluff NW6 diffuse thinned hair even on dutasteride and RU. I don't buy that it only works topically because i've literally never experienced even a little bit of male pattern baldness itch even though I have extremely aggressive hairloss and I've never used it topically. I think the PGE2 suppression is bad for those with very aggressive hairloss. Might explain why I've maintained this bumfluff for 4 years now without losing any hair but unable to regrow jack sh*t either.

Might try tapering off the cetirizine, it is a nightmare to quit cold turkey, you'll get unbearable itching all over your body (ironically the reason why I had to start taking it in the first place).

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to start cetirizine, I got the tablets but I'm confiussed about the vehicle, I want to crush the tablets into powder and pour them in distilled water but the problem is the absorption.

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
according to these people your 'missing' the boat with cert. opinions please

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-105629-page-0-order-last_answer-category-4.html

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/...=101616&STARTPAGE=4&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Originally posted by: GansterBoy

Certrizine inhibits pgd2 produced by mast cells.... and NOT by Lpgds. pgd2 produced in hair folicles is not from mast cells... waste of time.

in other words your missing the boat with mast cell inhibitors..
Imo, he is not missing at all. Cetirizine and other prostaglandins modulators do their job.

Inflammation and fibrosis (myofibroblasts/mast cells) processes happen NOT in follicles, but around them in the dermal white adipose tissue. Presence of PGD2 in follicles is just a side effect, i guess. Maybe Ceti is not an ideal treatment, but it's far from placebo anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 05.32.23.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 05.32.23.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imo, he is not missing at all. Cetirizine and other prostaglandins modulators do their job.

Inflammation and fibrosis (myofibroblasts/mast cells) happen NOT in follicles, but around them in the dermal white adipose tissue. Presence of PGD2 in follicles is just a side effect, i guess. Maybe placebo is not an ideal treatment, but it's far from placebo anyway.
Cetirizine was already proved to work in a not so old paper. Prostaglandines are never a " side effect " . Anyway, setipiprant failed on every and each single trial that was tested ( male pattern baldness, asthma and allergy ) . It is really weak .

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Inflammation and fibrosis (myofibroblasts/mast cells) processes happen NOT in follicles, but around them in the dermal white adipose tissue. Presence of PGD2 in follicles is just a side effect, i guess. Maybe Ceti is not an ideal treatment, but it's far from placebo anyway.
do you think it could give sides in the long run making ppl using it more prone to get allergy or smthing if they get off the drug?

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think it could give sides in the long run making ppl using it more prone to get allergy or smthing if they get off the drug?
no idea :/
Ceti is part of the established drugs, so we can just check list of possible sides from the descriptions.

it2wi

Reaction score
I'll be testing topical Ceti beginning on Monday, will keep this thread updated on the effectiveness on stopping the shedding.
Will also be continuing weekly dermaneedling for growth. It should be obvious if Ceti is effective because it should slow down / halt shedding.

(fwiw, I had major success with *topical* Seti in the past, so I'm a believer in the PGD2 angle.. hoping can get similar results with Ceti for much cheaper $$)

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where can you get powder cetirizine?

I tried making a topical from pills, but there is so much filler it would be like applying chalk to my head, at least if I want to use 1% concentration.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where can you get powder cetirizine?

I tried making a topical from pills, but there is so much filler it would be like applying chalk to my head, at least if I want to use 1% concentration.
try ebay?

it2wi

Reaction score

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, who are diffuse thinners, could you share your experience with Cetirizine?

Last edited:

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cetirizine was already proved to work in a not so old paper. Prostaglandines are never a " side effect " . Anyway, setipiprant failed on every and each single trial that was tested ( male pattern baldness, asthma and allergy ) . It is really weak .
So you think PGD2 is the main culprit of male pattern baldness?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll be testing topical Ceti beginning on Monday, will keep this thread updated on the effectiveness on stopping the shedding.
Will also be continuing weekly dermaneedling for growth. It should be obvious if Ceti is effective because it should slow down / halt shedding.

(fwiw, I had major success with *topical* Seti in the past, so I'm a believer in the PGD2 angle.. hoping can get similar results with Ceti for much cheaper $$)
Did topical Seti completely stopped your hair loss? How severe is your hair loss?

Thank you

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you think PGD2 is the main culprit of male pattern baldness?
No, I don't know it. But there is not a main culprit . There are many factor, genetic, DHT , a chain reaction and many , any of this things you stop, you can stop hair loss .
If like is something shoot you . What is the main culprit ? You can stop the guy from shooting, you can remove the gun from the equation, or the bullet , etc . Removing any of this component will avoid you to get you shoot .

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I don't know it. But there is not a main culprit . There are many factor, genetic, DHT , a chain reaction and many , any of this things you stop, you can stop hair loss .
If like is something shoot you . What is the main culprit ? You can stop the guy from shooting, you can remove the gun from the equation, or the bullet , etc . Removing any of this component will avoid you to get you shoot .
A better analogy: you’re being shot at, inside a burning house, filled with venomous snakes, after eating a cyanide pill

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
A better analogy: you’re being shot at, inside a burning house, filled with venomous snakes, after eating a cyanide pill
In fact, that only show that you don't understand analogy. Cause if you do that, is like telling you have Androgenetic Alopecia, decalvans folliculitis plus areata .

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In fact, that only show that you don't understand analogy. Cause if you do that, is like telling you have Androgenetic Alopecia, decalvans folliculitis plus areata .
No. Solving the androgen “bullet” won’t help your fibrosis, upregularion of harmful prostaglandins in the tissue, disconnection of APM from follicle, etc. ...

it2wi

Reaction score
Did topical Seti completely stopped your hair loss? How severe is your hair loss?

Thank you
Yes Seti more or less completely stopped my shedding. When I don't use Seti, it is pretty aggressive and I lose a lot of hair per day, such that my hairline recedes and diffuse thinning behind the hairline. With Seti, I saw an almost immediate effect (within a few days, I was only losing a few hairs per day).
Again this is topical application, not oral.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes Seti more or less completely stopped my shedding. When I don't use Seti, it is pretty aggressive and I lose a lot of hair per day, such that my hairline recedes and diffuse thinning behind the hairline. With Seti, I saw an almost immediate effect (within a few days, I was only losing a few hairs per day).
Again this is topical application, not oral.
Seti alone without any other drugs (minix, fina ect)?

If that's the case it's impressive.

Pgd2 is my last hope since I cannot tolerate anti androgens