Good Results With Topical Certizine

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using topical certizine for 2 months now alongside minoxidil and regenepure which i have used for over one year. minoxidil gave me back all my hair except for my temples. Now after just 2 months since adding certizine 2-3 times a day, i have gotten real growth in my temple region which was practically slick bald.

The reason for this growth is that i think the speculations are true that minoxidil is stimulating pge2, while certizine inhibits pgd2 (and perhaps even sadly lowers pge2). But the negative effect from certizine on pge2 is faught away by the much stronger positive effect on pge2 from minoxidil.
I can upload pics if anyone wants to see.
Thoughts?

Denis1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes please...
What minoxidil do you use? Rogaine?
Do you think Rogaine is the best or all are the same?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what concentration are you using and quantity? I'm currently following the study:1ml / 1xday 1% but in distilled water, I let dry and after 2-3 hours I apply minoxidil. 1week on... If I don't see positive signs I will try 2/3 x / day. Or maybe other antihistamine .After how many weeks did you notice something "moving"

inmyhead

Reaction score
what concentration are you using and quantity? I'm currently following the study:1ml / 1xday 1% but in distilled water, I let dry and after 2-3 hours I apply minoxidil. 1week on... If I don't see positive signs I will try 2/3 x / day. Or maybe other antihistamine .After how many weeks did you notice something "moving"
Why are you not mixing it in minoxidil?

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I use 60 10mg pills crushed into 60 ml of distilled water. I noticed a decreased shedding very early on. But 2 days ago i watched with horror at my hairline and thought i saw alot of miniturizing hairs. But after i looked more closely i realized they are somewhat weaker new hairs. My hairgrowth have always been extremely fast, so they are already kinda long.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you not mixing it in minoxidil?
I read somwewhere alcohol was not good for the drug, and few guys who had pretty visible results were using water/

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use 60 10mg pills crushed into 60 ml of distilled water. I noticed a decreased shedding very early on. But 2 days ago i watched with horror at my hairline and thought i saw alot of miniturizing hairs. But after i looked more closely i realized they are somewhat weaker new hairs. My hairgrowth have always been extremely fast, so they are already somewhat long.
ok. there are quite a few guys who had this kind of regrowth but then it did not move further. the goal is to turn them terminal and .. keep them. But this is already good sign, that mean you follciles are stil there alive". In my case the shedding was already under "control" and no itch to speak of so I wonder if this will be usefull for me, but I focus on the pgd2/pge2 for regrowth and for the price of cetirizine it's a bargain: I had to give it a go

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using 2% solution with 60/40 solution ethanol and propylene glycol. I am seeing results too. Lots of pigmented hairs growing at the hairline.

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok. there are quite a few guys who had this kind of regrowth but then it did not move further. the goal is to turn them terminal and .. keep them. But this is already good sign, that mean you follciles are stil there alive". In my case the shedding was already under "control" and no itch to speak of so I wonder if this will be usefull in my case, but I focus on the pgd2/pge2 for regrowth and for the price of cetirizine it's a bargain: I had to give it a go

I think minoxidil is a very important part in any pgd2/pge2 regimen if it is true that it stimulates pge2 which i believe. Its just that minoxidil never worked long term before cause it didnt inhibit the pgd2, in the future perhaps they will develop a super minoxidil that also inhibits pgd2 and that turns the gains terminal.

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using 2% solution with 60/40 solution ethanol and propylene glycol. I am seeing results too. Lots of pigmented hairs growing at the hairline.
2% would be 120 10 mg pills into 60 ml? And you dont use any water????

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also it is not clear if cetirizine does reduce pge2. People have assumed it is a cox2 inhibitor and blocks both pgd2 and pge2 but i have seen no evidence of this. I have seen a study that says cetirizine actually increases pge2.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@jgray201Interesting, where did you find this? I might ask pharmacist but When I asked here few stuff this was pricey... pure finasteride for example is prohibitive at pharmacy
@heyhey I don't think you need to go 2% in the beginning, just stick with the default dosage and see what happens.

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if one want to go 2%, ethanol would surely be needed for it to be absorbed by the skin i guess?

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered from the kane shop but there are many suppliers online, for example on Alibaba.

I use propylene glycol to help absorbtion. I have also read that cetirizine degrades in ethanol but i think PG is okay. I have seen many examples of cetirizine sold in liquid form and they include either propylene glycol or glycerin, so i think it is stable in these kind of solutions.

Paul Ford

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does cetirizine work through the same mechanism as setipiprant? Is it just a weaker version?

@jgray201 Do you still use all the things you have listed under "My Regimen"? Do you believe cetirizine can work on its own or needs to be used in conjunction with other products?

From what I'm reading you guys seem to think cetirizine can maintain without other products, but works best if used with minoxidil if you want regrowth. Just making sure I got this correct.

Thanks,

Bruno De Souza

My Regimen
Reaction score
see this :
Prostaquinon® exerts anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant effects and counteracts miniaturization of hair follicles. Prostaquinon® inhibits prostaglandin PGD2, which according to recent publications, is increased in alopecia. Prostaquinon® is contained in the Fagron Advanced Derma Pack PPE suitable for alopecia treatment.

It seems to me that this lotion does not sell there in the USA, perhaps because of complications with fda.
the good news is that this fagron lotion is derived from NIGELLA SATIVA
https://www.nigella--sativa.com/best-hair-loss-treatment.html

Last edited: