Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using this thread to document this rapid decline.

I have never slowed this constant shedding with massive amounts of hair daily and 500+ when carefully washed. I could easily pull out every single hair, nothing feels attached to my scalp anymore. Thinning is everywhere but the donor area has less miniaturization.

WTF can I do. I’m using 1mg Propecia ED (5 months) 6ml .5 topical Dutasteride weekly, 5mg Oral minoxidil and will be adding Chemyo RU 50mg daily.

Baumen consult in two weeks but at this pace of shedding nothing matters. Head is covered in .75 in thin upright hairs.

I can see a full inch of diffuse recession at the hairline but it really is the same for the whole Norwood area.

Attachments

• D59C4D9E-699E-4B7E-A342-24E16762E6A1.jpeg
    D59C4D9E-699E-4B7E-A342-24E16762E6A1.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 7D28DFA3-7505-4409-9694-8F8A0F4D9130.jpeg
    7D28DFA3-7505-4409-9694-8F8A0F4D9130.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 3DDFDF30-8AA7-4559-AFBE-29F9D7498A4F.jpeg
    3DDFDF30-8AA7-4559-AFBE-29F9D7498A4F.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 189148C4-B677-47FF-8338-0AE414FAAA59.jpeg
    189148C4-B677-47FF-8338-0AE414FAAA59.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 88CF3528-571C-40C8-A6C3-71B703752541.jpeg
    88CF3528-571C-40C8-A6C3-71B703752541.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 165

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How often are you washing your hair? I remember you saying in the last it was really infrequently. Anyway...

I have long hair so it only gets washed 3 times a week or so and every time I do, I lose far more than any picture you’ve shared on this thread. On top of that my hair is everywhere...sinks, floors, counters, pillow, you name it...

At first, this definitely freaked me out. I was paranoid and absolutely convinced I was doomed until I realized halfway to year 2 that my hairline and density weren’t noticeably affected by it. While I knew all along that this was normal for a spaced out shampoo regimen, I didn’t truly accept that reality until the day I woke up and found that I did.

You have to keep in mind that skipping the shampoo has no impact on the amount of hair you will naturally shed, but it dramatically heightens it’s visibility. This is doubly true for long hair. If you use shampoo every third day, you can expect to have shed between 300-500 hairs strands in the interim. While you may not notice this with short hair, those with long hair certainly will. The longer the hair is, the easier it tangles and remains trapped on your head until it’s washed out. In other words, you can expect to see 80% - 90% of naturally shed hair when you shampoo.

It can be alarming to see this much hair when you shampoo, but if you try to be mindful of the context it can help you deal with it.

Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was 3-4 times per week. Gently with Regenpure DR.

this has never slowed down since the first shed almost 4 years ago. My forelock is diffused as f*** with whisky thin 1 in hairs growing but ready to fall out. I’m in a regimen that makes me ill and it is not helping.

I think it is T more than DHT my DHT is all but gone.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Time to kill myslef. I can’t take this constant shedding. I can’t hide it I can’t pull it back I can’t cut it. It’s all f*****g gone. There is a complete diffuse pattern burning through forelock through vertex

Attachments

• 5F35314B-94D9-43BF-99C2-66C9E7C7EF0D.jpeg
    5F35314B-94D9-43BF-99C2-66C9E7C7EF0D.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 160

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
your dad has a very different situation to him by the sounds of it, you cant tell the difference between a Norwood 1 or 2? It's a big difference, if your dad receded in a pattern and has a Norwood 2 then it is confirmed male pattern baldness even if he is also thinning on the sides.

The reason why I said he is NW1 or NW2 is because his left side is still perfect while the other looks like a mature hairline. It could be that he may have never had male pattern baldness in the first place, and most likely suffer Involutional Alopecia. If he doesn't style his hair, you can see his scalp clearly. I noticed during my country's 3-month lockdown, his hair couldn't get long compared to five or 10 years ago.

That's why I suspected bluecyclone may suffering something similar to my dad. I am no expert by any means, just stating my opinion that's all.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason why I said he is NW1 or NW2 is because his left side is still perfect while the other looks like a mature hairline. It could be that he may have never had male pattern baldness in the first place, and most likely suffer Involutional Alopecia. If he doesn't style his hair, you can see his scalp clearly. I noticed during my country's 3-month lockdown, his hair couldn't get long compared to five or 10 years ago.

That's why I suspected bluecyclone may suffering something similar to my dad. I am no expert by any means, just stating my opinion that's all.
hey tde97, i am very sorry if my message came off as aggresive, lots of people interpret it this way but it's just the way i write lol. Yeah, I have seen plenty of non balding men have a slightly receded right side and still have a perfect left side, so your dad's may not even be male pattern baldness. Some people like vincent pastore, ronald reagan do not lose density as they get older, while some other non balding men naturally do.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey tde97, i am very sorry if my message came off as aggresive, lots of people interpret it this way but it's just the way i write lol. Yeah, I have seen plenty of non balding men have a slightly receded right side and still have a perfect left side, so your dad's may not even be male pattern baldness. Some people like vincent pastore, ronald reagan do not lose density as they get older, while some other non balding men naturally do.

Its alrighy man. I too have the tendency of having to explain things if people think i havent said enough lol.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude I can't believe you are still posting. You CAN'T have male pattern baldness. You have very smooth and small galea. And good facial features. That's why you kept your hair and hairline up to this age.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have other for of hair loss most likely telogen effluvium.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to kill myself. Just hit the 7 month mark after switching from topical Finasteride to daily Propecia and weekly topical Dutasteride. I’ve been on 7mg oral minoxidil. 2 months on 2x daily RU.

My hairline and diffuse Norwood 7 pattern is worse than ever. A shower results in 1000 hairs. The regrowth is miniaturized and also falling out. Tapered roots on all shed hairs.

thanks to all that gave constructive advice. I am at the end. 30k chasing medicines and doctors I do t want to live like this anymore.

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to kill myself. Just hit the 7 month mark after switching from topical Finasteride to daily Propecia and weekly topical Dutasteride. I’ve been on 7mg oral minoxidil. 2 months on 2x daily RU.

My hairline and diffuse Norwood 7 pattern is worse than ever. A shower results in 1000 hairs. The regrowth is miniaturized and also falling out. Tapered roots on all shed hairs.

thanks to all that gave constructive advice. I am at the end. 30k chasing medicines and doctors I do t want to live like this anymore.
Wow man don't say something as serious as that...

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

@bluecyclone, "come on, man" at least wait until you get to see Trump get another 4 years. In all seriousness, you are really acting like a spoiled brat. You still have great hair for your age. You have better hair than I ever did when I was your age. You have virtually no gray hair too. I think it's more about the fact that you never reached your goals in life of a wife and a family and the fact that this world has gone bonkers that is really driving you nuts. And oh, and of course the fact that you don't have hair like Ronald Reagan. Focus on something other than your hair.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bluecyclone, I think it's more about the fact that you never reached your goals in life of a wife and a family and the fact that this world has gone bonkers that is really driving you nuts. And oh, and of course the fact that you don't have hair like Ronald Reagan.
No man, he only cares about his hair. It is those type of people that make the general public think that being depressed and/or committing suicide is due to being weak mentally. He just needs a therapist to help him see things in perspective.

Last edited:

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair will thin no matter what youre doing!

YOU HAVE f*****g DUPA

YOURE A 40 YEARS OLD GROWN MAN

MOVE ON
This is hilarious, when people do this and try to diagnose people. It's been highly studied that DUPA is rare in men, much like how some forms of alopecia areata are for them. Don't scare people into thinking this stuff. The person is in deep despair and this is an uneducated guess.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You need psychological help. I see what you're saying "norwood 7 pattern". It's incorrect. There is no pattern. You are shedding all over. This is not DUPA either. Maybe step back and stop taking everything you're taking and seek counseling? People here can only know so much. Stop diagnosing yourself with things like "possibly retrograde" or "emerging norwood 7". Go to a trichologist. And a psychologist. The community here is doing their best to understand you but you are really getting on their nerves with how irrational you're treating this situation.

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need psychological help. I see what you're saying "norwood 7 pattern". It's incorrect. There is no pattern. You are shedding all over. This is not DUPA either. Maybe step back and stop taking everything you're taking and seek counseling? People here can only know so much. Stop diagnosing yourself with things like "possibly retrograde" or "emerging norwood 7". Go to a trichologist. And a psychologist. The community here is doing their best to understand you but you are really getting on their nerves with how irrational you're treating this situation.
Good to see someone else on here actually speaking sense. The amount of self proclaimed ‘hair loss experts’ diagnosing people who are clearly struggling far more with mental health than actual hair loss is rife on this forum.

@bluecyclone has an enviable head of hair and could well be shedding because of the vast amount of treatments he appears to have administered.

I genuinely have not seen any photographs which clearly display an early balding pattern of any sort. What I have seen is ultra close up photos under direct sun light, with wet or semi hair, all highlighting the contrast between dark hair and light scalp - something you will frequently see in men and women, balding and non balding.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to see someone else on here actually speaking sense. The amount of self proclaimed ‘hair loss experts’ diagnosing people who are clearly struggling far more with mental health than actual hair loss is rife on this forum.

@bluecyclone has an enviable head of hair and could well be shedding because of the vast amount of treatments he appears to have administered.

I genuinely have not seen any photographs which clearly display an early balding pattern of any sort. What I have seen is ultra close up photos under direct sun light, with wet or semi hair, all highlighting the contrast between dark hair and light scalp - something you will frequently see in men and women, balding and non balding.

Attachments

• 368F2082-F6C3-49C6-AD39-5444E43406E4.jpeg
    368F2082-F6C3-49C6-AD39-5444E43406E4.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 183

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bluecyclone
When you take a photograph that close up with camera plus lighting, you will always notices the contrast difference between dark hair and light skin. Especially when hair is combed upwards and back, as the direction of the hair enables light to penetrate between the strands of hair. You will see this same attribute in women and children's hair, it is normal.

Genuinely, your hair looks great and is displaying normal characteristics. I do understand that the shed is freaking you out. In all fairness, I shed a lot of hair too, I'm 41 now and have never used any treatments, so if the shed correlated with balding, I would be showing signs of balding by now. I am Norwood 1.5 to an absolute max of 2. Have been for years. I have a lot of hair and I think people with lots of hair, shed more generally.

Being sincere, if I was you, I'd get off all treatments for now and see how your hair looks in 6 - 9 months. I think the amount of treatments you've administered may have led to a further increase in shedding and change in hair quality.

Worst case scenario, I have never seen a man of 43 with hair like yours, hit a high norwood level. Aggressive balding is typically well on it's way by 30 latest. So if your hair did deteriorate later in life, I'm pretty sure a hair transplant or maybe just some good quality SMP would resolve any density issues.

Feel free to PM bro if you want to discuss, we're a similar age and I'd be more than happy to discuss this in more detail with you if it helps. You seem like a good guy who is struggling with this and I think it is important that you get some peace of mind so you can relax.