Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m just trying to stop a very real very heavy shed. Yes Instill have a ton of hair. Yes it is a fraction of the insane baseline I started with. Not a troll, not ill just want to stop the shed and know if I can get off of meds that aren’t effective.

At the same time anything I learn I will share with the group in hopes that it can help others in a similar boat, even if they are further along in the hairloss process.

Attachments

• 68B5C653-F7E1-483F-A82D-7987D9BE9304.jpeg
    68B5C653-F7E1-483F-A82D-7987D9BE9304.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 302

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that he is a troll and he's fooling us. He takes photos of his hair only when it's wet and messy in order to look like it's thinning. He refuses to take any advice. I told him 1000 times to have his vitamins levels tested, because he might be deficient. Chronic telogen effluvium is related to nutritional deficiencies. He doesn't do any action and repeats the same thing over again.
Diffuse thinning is deceiving. If you visit my thread, you would also say I am a lier. You only notice hair loss clearly when you have already lost 50% of your hair, hence the reason transplants try to acheive 50% of density.
OP should take finasteride and minoxidil, as he's clearly deeply invested in his hair. Pull out the guns OP, and you'll get your peace of mind. If finasteride doesnt work, there are the big guns ;)

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m just trying to stop a very real very heavy shed. Yes Instill have a ton of hair. Yes it is a fraction of the insane baseline I started with. Not a troll, not ill just want to stop the shed and know if I can get off of meds that aren’t effective.

At the same time anything I learn I will share with the group in hopes that it can help others in a similar boat, even if they are further along in the hairloss process.
Rub raw eggs on your scalps. I noticed much less shedding after I started to to this regularly. Eggs are rich in various nutritients. Every time I ran hands through my hair I used to get 3 - 4 hairs. Now I get nothing.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rub raw eggs on your scalps. I noticed much less shedding after I started to to this regularly. Eggs are rich in various nutritients. Every time I ran hands through my hair I used to get 3 - 4 hairs. Now I get nothing.
Would you rub eggs on your balls if you had prostate cancer?

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you rub eggs on your balls if you had prostate cancer?
If I had testicular cancer i'd try, but if I had prostate cancer I'd find an effective natural way to kill cancer cells within my body.
I was suffering from a chronic telogen effluvium due to skin condition called seborrheic dermatitis. Only Raw eggs stopped everything. The excessive oil, the dandruff and the shedding.
He's most like suffering from CTE due to thyroid issues or he's a troll.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse thinning is deceiving. If you visit my thread, you would also say I am a lier. You only notice hair loss clearly when you have already lost 50% of your hair, hence the reason transplants try to acheive 50% of density.
OP should take finasteride and minoxidil, as he's clearly deeply invested in his hair. Pull out the guns OP, and you'll get your peace of mind. If finasteride doesnt work, there are the big guns ;)
Thanks. I think that’s a bit of the challenge. Diffuse is a different game and you feel it more than it can be seen until it’s too late. I’ve been hitting the Finasteride and oral minoxidil for awhile. Still shedding like crazy. If I could clearly link the shed to DHT I’d consider a duta test but I’m borderline with sides on Finasteride as it is...

any thoughts on Ferritin?

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man if it bothers you that much; get a shorter cut. Hair that isn’t weighed down looks fuller and healthier. If you are in fact thinning you are doing yourself no favors with that length. Miniaturized follicles product finer, weaker hair. In this circumstance, the weight of the hair has a huge impact on its durability/longevity. The longer the hair, the heavier it is. While it may not make much difference when the hair is dry, it most certainly does when it’s wet.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I think that’s a bit of the challenge. Diffuse is a different game and you feel it more than it can be seen until it’s too late. I’ve been hitting the Finasteride and oral minoxidil for awhile. Still shedding like crazy. If I could clearly link the shed to DHT I’d consider a duta test but I’m borderline with sides on Finasteride as it is...

any thoughts on Ferritin?
I dont know about Ferritin, you can always do a blood test. But hair loss is almost always caused by androgenic alopecia.
My recommendation is try and be consistent. Stick to a regimen and dedicate yourself. Get 1 mg finasteride ED and liquid minoxidil twice per day. Wait for 6 months then reassess with detailed pictures, although they can and will be deceiving. I shed alot, but the area where I put minoxidil I dont shed alot, maybe its minoxidil or because I lost about ~40% of my hair=less shedding.
What I'll be saying now may make you nervous or depressed, or it can give you relief depending on your observations: examine the shedded hairs from the thin regions. Notice if they are progressively thinner/lighter in color towards the roots or not. If they get thinner, bad news fam.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely getting thinner and lighter towards the ends. Still very long hairs but no white ends like early on.

Have to say it’s a mixed bag though maybe 50 is untalented and stilL healthy. Shouldn’t the meds help the roots?

what’s the real take on topical Finasteride? I’m a year on 1% with no slow down. Studies all look promising - 1. Works as well less reported sides 2. Works but goes systemic and reduce sides might be perceived 3. Doesn’t work. Three weeks into .5 oral and 1% topical daily. My order of lipsomal just arrived and will begin to use that this week post marathon. 2 years oral minoxidil going to raise from 2.5 to 5.

Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely getting thinner and lighter towards the ends. Still very long hairs but no white ends like early on.

Have to say it’s a mixed bag though maybe 50 is untalented and stilL healthy. Shouldn’t the meds help the roots?

what’s the real take on topical Finasteride? I’m a year on 1% with no slow down. Studies all look promising - 1. Works as well less reported sides 2. Works but goes systemic and reduce sides might be perceived 3. Doesn’t work. Three weeks into .5 oral and 1% topical daily. My order of lipsomal just arrived and will begin to use that this week post marathon. 2 years oral minoxidil going to raise from 2.5 to 5.
Dont know about topical finasteride, but oral is always much much more effective than topical, at the downside of sides.
I've thinned quite a lot, but it seems stable for now, unless pics are deceiving me. Do you feel like its getting thinner as months pass by?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. It is deceiving. It’s all weigh and density in the crown and vertex. I mean hairline is also thinner but not really receding that much. When I pull back there is a thinner band of about 3/4 inch. If I can get the hair fall to stop or slow I’d be very happy to keep what I have. Just worried Finasteride isn’t working and there’s something else aiding the shed. At this pace I’m not sure Finasteride can do anything... I could double this hair is I kept light brushing...

Attachments

• 0C1428E7-3C6F-4CD6-BCE3-1C4F5E521D7F.jpeg
    0C1428E7-3C6F-4CD6-BCE3-1C4F5E521D7F.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Committed to counting just shower and bathroom hair daily today was 554.

I am 8 weeks on Propecia 18 months on topical, switched to lipsomal gel. 5mg oral minoxidil.

nothing has slowed the shed.

diffuse everywhere at about 30% density from baseline.

Attachments

• C07AB448-B5D3-42BB-8AEF-B0A40A989A58.jpeg
    C07AB448-B5D3-42BB-8AEF-B0A40A989A58.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 334
  • 3353F668-ABEC-48FF-9EF5-B2C5EBE3E603.jpeg
    3353F668-ABEC-48FF-9EF5-B2C5EBE3E603.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 330
  • 1BBE5FE1-58AD-405E-9756-8954120FCB45.jpeg
    1BBE5FE1-58AD-405E-9756-8954120FCB45.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 0113A162-7513-495C-8869-EBA9CD4EF42C.jpeg
    0113A162-7513-495C-8869-EBA9CD4EF42C.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 318

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe more like 28% this is near baseline I noticed the shedding late 2016.

Attachments

• D8694095-F034-48C2-9E71-A2B2A8373EEB.jpeg
    D8694095-F034-48C2-9E71-A2B2A8373EEB.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 292

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes you are balding heavily

but you are 42

it's pretty normal

you had a good run with hair man don't stress it too much

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
You think all of this loss in just a few years and the daily is just a normal male pattern baldness process? Shouldn’t the meds have some impact? If anything it has sped up.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
No replies maybe I’m finally f*****g bald enough. I am amazed how I guess your life is supposed to end at 40. f***.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
No replies maybe I’m finally f*****g bald enough. I am amazed how I guess your life is supposed to end at 40. f***.
U idiot u have no hairloss just go live ur life ur alreayd past 40 have u still not understood that ur time is not unlimited? Go live ur life and stop crying like an 11yr old on a forum every day.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Not to sound insensitive to your situation but most people on this forum are not going to sympathize with you when you really have mild hair loss that started at 40. I told you before, it happened to me too. Same scenario. Except I was smart enough to never post a single photo of my situation as I knew it was minor. I chose not to only because it was like throwing salt on an open wound for the young guys who are truly losing hair. I knew I was another BDD case and I always disclosed that when I posted. You might get some sympathy if you would finally admit your obsession with minor hair loss borders on OCD or more specifically BDD. Don't take offense to that as most people see what I see and we have alot of BDD cases on this forum. More than we used to many years ago.

You and I have the same medical diagnosis with our thyroid. Even on the medications I lost density. And most of my density was lost after I started taking finasteride. Maybe there may be a slight possibility that disrupting your body with this drug could actually trigger your balding gene to express itself early or faster. Who knows for sure? I have accepted that these meds will not cure a condition you are genetically programmed to express.

You have the balding gene inherited from your dad. It will express itself eventually. Lucky for you it is just happening now. You are no longer the unicorn you thought you would be. Trust me, I wanted to be one too. Sadly, didn't happen. You made it to 40 with great density. You had a good run. I had a good run. But our genetics are now expressing what has to happen and taking hair loss medications is no guarantee that you can turn off the balding gene.

Doctors don't really like to focus on minor cases like ours. They will tell you it's normal for guys to lose density in their 40's. So don't waste your time hopping to different doctors. Two options: Option one is to quit all your hair loss medications and see if the shed and loss of density slows down and eventually normalizes to the point of when you never used them. Option two: Continue with your hair loss medications and accept the fact that you might slow down your gene expression better than if you took nothing. I chose option 2. If a better option comes my way, I will look into it.

I know you are frustrated but it will not change your final Norwood destination. You won't get answers because no doctor can predict your future final Norwood with exact accuracy. Too many variables in life that could alter your final situation. My advice is to stop posting photos that show barely any hair loss and just hope you can maintain as much hair as you can until better treatments are available. Time to let go of those days of having teenage hair and accept your above average middle age hair. If I can do it, so can you.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @DoctorHouse I fully acknowledge I’m losing my f*****g mind over this. It isn’t about how this looks at all.

I don’t know how to explain it but it’s not really the thinning but the experience of the insane constant shedding. The idea that a shower is like literally pulling out handfuls of hair and the hair on my desk, in my food...

I’m ok with thinning, aging, but not living in a horror movie where I can’t go 30 seconds without feeling a hair somewhere. It’s all diffuse and not all the thinning is on top. Honestly if I thought a hair transplant was possible. I’d stop the meds and live my life then deal with it. But it seems like that is off of the table too.

I’m going to keep on the meds but hope there is some way to get the heavy shedding to slow down.

I had hope that the long healthy hair falling out has a chance to regrow even if weaker for at least a few years. But this is zero-100 loss.

What is the answer on miniaturization, Doctor says it takes many cycles to miniaturize from a long healthy hair but I’ve read and it feels like it is happening in a single cycle.

if anyone is looking to try Liposomal, I was able to source from Italy, it wasn’t crazy $$ and the process was simple.