Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice | Page 9 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by bluecyclone, May 23, 2017.

1. bluecyclone

bluecyclone Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Sorry man. Definitely can feel your pain. I’m dialing back to half a pill oral minoxidil for a few months to try and ween off. My hair, while still covering matters, just is not my hair anymore. My girlfriend freaked out she. I asked her to lightly run her hand over the top and her hand cane out covered in hair.

Tryya new doctor in NYC next month. I keep the topical Finasteride as I am not getting sides and I image it might help a little if DHT is the problem. Still think thyroid is messing with me. Before the my hair was next level thick at 40.

Wish I could get a reliable CB option.

2. Calikid

Calikid Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Are you still losing 300 plus hairs a day?

3. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yes it is relentless. All different lengths. Over hair quality is horrible. I’ve been using more topical Finasteride (2x) to try and save something but I feel awful when I use it twice a day. Even considering going from .5 to 2.5.

This is going to destroy my career. The way this is going I can’t even imagine how a transplant could work. Its the whole horseshoe dying at once diffuse.

Can’t stress how insanely thick my hair was twoish years ago when this started.

Trying another doctor. Might try the Regenera. What is your next move? Wish CB was posssible. I’d spend for it if I could get a reliable source.

4. Calikid

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I’m stopping oral min. As you can imagine I’m terrified. I’m going to stay on finasteride and add proxi to the hairline. Also taking 50mg of spironolactone a day. Im probably going to add ru or cb in the month or so if I continue to shed like I am. I am obviously balding but I feel as though I have some kind of Telogen Effluvium from min or finasteride which is speeding up my thinning.

#164 Calikid, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  5. Calikid

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Do you lose hair from the sides and back? I can lightly tug on hairs on my nape and sides and they come out with ease.

6. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I thought I was but now that it has progressed a NW7 pattern is clear.

Not sure how it changed so fast but seems like DHT fully fried my hair. There might also be an Iron and Thyroid issue doing harm. I am off of the Telogen Effluvium believer side of things. I know that happened to jump start this but now it’s male pattern baldness and I’m desperate to slow things down. Might already be too late.

I can barely hide the temples and vertex thinning. Lots of new hair but weak and thin and falling out at the same rate as the longer ones.

This temple was full two weeks ago. It is thinning so damn fast and feels like it’s not real hair. I mean super dense course black hair a year ago to this mess.

Attached Files:

#166 bluecyclone, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  7. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Took this photo and was hoping to get a reaction. I know there is male pattern baldness do miniaturization at the hair line but the thinning is universal.

With male pattern baldness shouldn’t the sides be more dense than the top and back? I notice a slight difference.

Though this showed how it’s bad even behind my ears. My hair went from black to brown in a year.

Attached Files:

8. Mapleman

Mapleman Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would kill for that hair, im 24..

9. Mushu

Mushu Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Unfortunately lighter hair is a sign of miniaturization and is easily seen compared to your baseline photos before you shed. Personally I'd drop minoxidil and try to maintain, you don't have aggressive loss and it'll just cause the periodic sheds. But at this point, it's tough to say, you're not a great responder to Finasteride. There's still so much we don't know, good luck and hope for the best for you. Your hair still looks good on the bright side after 1 year of heavy shedding it seems.

I forget, what's your family history again for hairloss?

10. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks. Father was pretty bald at 30. Paternal Grandfather has a full head barely grey at 94. I just need to figure out a way to stop the shed/maintain. The Topical Finasteride may or may not be doing anything, might up the %. Not sure what to do about the Minoxidil, could that be a shed cause?

11. inmyhead

inmyhead Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I find this kinda interesting. Guy never had hairloss but suddenly it starts and develops quite fast

12. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    And nothing has slowed the thinning.

13. JHCL1990

JHCL1990 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dude you have a great head of hair for like 40. I see no hairloss. Your hair will naturally get more whispy as you get older. You have no recession.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning likes this.
  14. ScaredOfBalding

ScaredOfBalding Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    U don't even have male pattern baldness u deluded BDD ridden imbecile.
    I see no signs of miniaturization ur just combing ur hair and putting a flash on it and then u can see a little bit of scalp.
    Absolutely pathetic, claiming u were going bald in year, we are 2 years further and u still ahve zero signs of hairloss.
    Piss off will you you retard.

15. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks for the feedback @ScaredOfBalding

I’m still shedding about 350 a day, was able to start a count post shower and during any brushing, most hairs are weaker and shorter than two-three months ago. Over density rapidly declining from incredible baseline.

I’m convinced three things are at play:

1. normal - general age related thinning, over all loss of density, change in hair quality.

2. abnormal - heavy and constant universal shedding. If I can get a handle on this I’ll deal with rest and get off of this message board. No treatment can keep up with this amount shedding.

3. male pattern baldness - diffuse miniaturization in horseshoe, slight temple recession, overall loss of density. considerable thinning in crown, vertex, and temples. Crown will soon show a bald ‘spot’ length is hiding the lost density.

Any thoughts on the thinning in these photos, one is crown one is male and safe zone. This is where I get confused as it looks very similar. Lesser but still better density in safe zone.

please keep in mind that 1 year ago this was still all very healthy and very dense in comparison. Just trying to slow this down to something manageable, grateful for the situation I’m in but still worth fighting.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

16. Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Me Vs DiffuseThinning Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Your hair is perfect even when wet. Better than most people's wet hair. You have BDD.

17. Calikid

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You keep saying the same thing over and over again.

18. Calikid

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You’re not going to find anyone that knows why you should do. Bc every time someone recommends something you do nothing, you change nothing, your hair doesn’t even change so nothing changes! Hahah

19. Mitko1

Mitko1 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think that he is a troll and he's fooling us. He takes photos of his hair only when it's wet and messy in order to look like it's thinning. He refuses to take any advice. I told him 1000 times to have his vitamins levels tested, because he might be deficient. Chronic telogen effluvium is related to nutritional deficiencies. He doesn't do any action and repeats the same thing over again.

20. Calikid

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Either that or serious mental health issues. Only soaking wet under a bright light tightly parted