Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me ask you, obviously as a NW0-1 most of your life, and before you even thought about hair loss, did you consider people in the past who were NW1-2 as appearing as receding/balding? Just curious what that's like to have the perspective of someone who has had perfect hair. I would say I never used to notice such things unless they were about NW3.
I never even thought or noticed recession. Like I always assumed people age and temples recede to a Vish pattern. Honestly until this started I didn’t know there was a Norwood scale. I noticed bald spots but didn’t think it was a problem because it’s in the back/top and not that noticeable.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wash today. Apologies for the gross sink, wash in basement. I just don’t know what to stop and when I mean I like the idea of dropping all but low dose Finasteride but stopping oral minoxidil, RU could make this worse. Would love honest opinions. Is this AA or is this something else/both. Hairs are longish, thinner diameter.

Attachments

• 5F483EE2-30A3-411E-B5F4-DCC299F758C8.jpeg
    5F483EE2-30A3-411E-B5F4-DCC299F758C8.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 119
  • E07CE1BB-BA2C-4251-89C3-105833445509.jpeg
    E07CE1BB-BA2C-4251-89C3-105833445509.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 120
  • F6563808-5CD7-4FC2-9F6F-4AC9EDFB7923.jpeg
    F6563808-5CD7-4FC2-9F6F-4AC9EDFB7923.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 248809AC-5AE0-4657-AE5B-084AEA317078.jpeg
    248809AC-5AE0-4657-AE5B-084AEA317078.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 115
  • BE94B80D-9B2F-43FE-B74A-83CB375B4E69.jpeg
    BE94B80D-9B2F-43FE-B74A-83CB375B4E69.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 125
  • B93D911E-549E-4D0E-9145-A7F60CED8FAD.jpeg
    B93D911E-549E-4D0E-9145-A7F60CED8FAD.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 41D3BA9A-D297-4415-ADA2-7AD07E13AF49.jpeg
    41D3BA9A-D297-4415-ADA2-7AD07E13AF49.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 117
  • B6B9860F-58C4-4802-8DF9-A09473531E94.jpeg
    B6B9860F-58C4-4802-8DF9-A09473531E94.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 107
  • A077693E-7130-48A0-B960-BCADF48ED27C.jpeg
    A077693E-7130-48A0-B960-BCADF48ED27C.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 112

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why is your skin so red man wtf. drop everything you are taking, you don`t have male pattern baldness, many people told you already lol

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wash today. Apologies for the gross sink, wash in basement. I just don’t know what to stop and when I mean I like the idea of dropping all but low dose Finasteride but stopping oral minoxidil, RU could make this worse. Would love honest opinions. Is this AA or is this something else/both. Hairs are longish, thinner diameter.
What does it look blowdried right out of the shower?

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you ever comb your hair in the direction it's growing? seriously what the f***

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is thin and wispy now and I barely touch it. A wide comb in the direction of growth will pull out 25+ hairs.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know too much about RU. Just that it reduces T. Something almost no man wants. Lowering DHT after puberty apparently is not that big of issue for the vast majority of men. Maybe slightly less thick sperm or slightly less body hair (rare ED or Gyno for some). You can still build muscle and stay a normal man. It doesn't seem to effect man hood the way T does. Men have more T than women for a reason. It is the main hormone that makes a man, a man. So I don't think I'd ever take it. I barely am willing to take any dose of finasteride. This is just me and how I feel though.

I do know that for some Minoxidyll, in either liquid, foam, or oral, for some can cause chronic shedding. Their scalp, or body just don't respond to it or like it. This is why everybody keeps saying stop everything, except maybe 0.25mg finasteride for at least a year.

If you stopped everything, minus exception, and it stopped the shedding would you be happy? If you stopped everything, minus excpetion, and it stopped the shedding and it did get "worse" and you ended up a dense Norwood 1 to 2 would you be happy? The shedding would be over.

My point is, the only way to know is just do it. Just like when you lift weights and build your physique....what do you do? You just go and do it every day (or every other day) and you follow a routine or plan. Then later on you see the results not in 1 day or 1 week. This process is similar except hair sheds and grows in cycles so it may take a little longer to see what the out comes will be, as opposed to working out. But the only way to see is to do it.

And just like building muscles, if after 3 to 6 months you see zero results then you would have to change something. Routine, diet, weights, etc. In your case, since it's hair give it a year. If nothing changes with the shedding then do something else. But the point is just stick to the plan and see where it leads. That is the best you can do.
I get it. I’ve tried to take that approach by getting more aggressive as the shedding never stopped or slowed. Minoxidil has been the constant and I fear stopping it as my initial shed set me back years. Again it could be part of the shedding.

the reason I’m on the RU is that my hairlinegot hit hard after starting Dutasteride and my T is high the hope was to balance the increase in T topically.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this just a clear case of DUPA? The speed, the areas hit and the lack of response to treatments?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do appreciate the advice. But you have to understand conventional wisdom would suggest reducing androgens should only help the situation not make it worse. And if I’m dependent on minoxidil stopping could be catastrophic, I mean I guess how much worse can it get shed wise. I hit 7.5 months on current regimen without tweaks and I have never lost this much with our some recovery.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I do appreciate the advice. But you have to understand conventional wisdom would suggest reducing androgens should only help the situation not make it worse. And if I’m dependent on minoxidil stopping could be catastrophic, I mean I guess how much worse can it get shed wise. I hit 7.5 months on current regimen without tweaks and I have never lost this much with our some recovery.
Conventional wisdom would suggest that you would get a telogen effluvium if you quit minoxidil. However, since you already have a chronic telogen effluvium probably from an autoimmune disorder or from your stress induced type A personality, I seriously doubt you will have more shedding than you do now. I have quit minoxidil at least 10 times and never went thru any type of telogen effluvium. I can see your gray hair is becoming more prominent and your dark hairs are starting to lose their deep black color. Welcome to middle age.

You see more scalp simply because your hair is still damp and clumps together. My hair straight out of the shower looks like crap and you can see scalp all over. After I dry it, my hair looks like Justin Bieber's when he was 16. For some reason in the morning my hair is flat, straight, and lifeless. By the end of the day, I guess due to my natural scalp oils mixing with my hair thickening products, my hair looks thick and has some life to it. But it is no where as dense as it was 10 years ago. And I don't have to blame anything but age on that one.

I used to think I had great hair all my life but when I became a Norwood spotter, I realized later I always had lower than average density and fine hair and a high forehead. My dad was a high Norwood at a young age so I knew what bald looked like. However, never once in my life did I ever hear my dad mocked by anyone( except maybe my brother) about his baldness. My dad was also very fat as he got older, so I guess that took priority over his hair. He was fat shamed all the time. My mom reminds him about it almost every day.

@Emptiness, just curious about your family background since you have so many low Norwoods. Are you hispanic or middle eastern or italian? Where I live the hispanics men hit the genetic lottery when it comes to hair, skin, and tend to always have mesomorphic physiques. Height is where they get the short end of the stick and weirdly have small shoe sizes.

@Calikid, sometimes the "wall" will eventually come down. If you don't believe me check out the Mexican border.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
@DoctorHouse Have you ever experienced shedding like this? I get gradual aging and thinning. I have never been able to grasp 2000 hairs with a careful wash. I’m not delusional, I’m 44 and have gotten by with long black hair and a look that in some ways cheats aging.

I have no problem with grey hair. I have a problem with the shedding. I’m doing things, even risky things that SHOULD work in 90% of circumstances. If this is AA/male pattern baldness I’ll stick with Propecia, if it’s something else I have to keep searching for an answer.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
@DoctorHouse Have you ever experienced shedding like this? I get gradual aging and thinning. I have never been able to grasp 2000 hairs with a careful wash. I’m not delusional, I’m 44 and have gotten by with long black hair and a look that in some ways cheats aging.

I have no problem with grey hair. I have a problem with the shedding. I’m doing things, even risky things that SHOULD work in 90% of circumstances. If this is AA/male pattern baldness I’ll stick with Propecia, if it’s something else I have to keep searching for an answer.
I think I had the most shedding at 8 months on my first year on Propecia. I don't shed more than maybe 50 hairs a day that I notice but I still thinned out over the decades. You are middle eastern or italian? Any hispanic blood?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m Italian/French. Nervous to stop given the high T levels. I’ve been tapering the oral minoxidil and that could be adding to the huge increase in shedding.

hairhelp777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this just a clear case of DUPA? The speed, the areas hit and the lack of response to treatments?
Do you have itching/burning/tender sensation on the scalp? I believe beard thinning was mentioned?

How about eyebrow thinning - are they thinner now compared with a few years ago?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
2000 hairs shed a shower..... lmao story contiues to grow next year you’ll be shedding 5000 hairs per shower. Stop lying and playing games I’m surprised more people don’t call you out. I feel bad for everybody that spends and takes time trying to help a 44 year old cry baby. Knowing god damn well there is nothing literally anyone can say that you will listen to or do. Even if someone was in the same predicament as you and changed something and it worked you still wouldn’t try their recommendation.

Stop wasting people’s time on here and let them help people who are actually balding and need advice.

I’m a sucker for still posting on here.
Happy to meet up and deal with you directly ;) punk.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have itching/burning/tender sensation on the scalp? I believe beard thinning was mentioned?

How about eyebrow thinning - are they thinner now compared with a few years ago?
Not much itch, some red spots on the nape that never seem to go away. Skin is not red just fresh from shower in the pictures. No real change in eyebrows, beard is not growing as fast or full as in the fall.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're the Tom Brady of this site

He's the Donald Trump of this site. Instead of wanting to keep Mexicans in Mexico he wants to keep hairs on his head & has a large group of disciples judging by the number of pages on this thread. What a guy