Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
The moral of the story of this thread is you can't predict when you will go bald. This thread was created in 2017, in May, it will be 4 years. He predicted he would be bald in less than a year. WRONG! You know why he is not bald because he is on treatments. He says they are making things worse. Does this photo in 2020 show he got worse from 2017.
17DBD905-6E25-418A-B52F-70AD7A5541D8.jpeg

You don't look bald to me after 3 years. Have you lost density. Maybe ever so slightly due to slowing going gray. Are you bald? No way. You keep asking for answers but until you can show you know how to predict your own hair loss or anyone else's, don't create threads trying to create a false narrative. You are not going to solve an issue by using a band aid. Your new normal is shedding as many hairs as you do now.Your hair cycles got messed up when you decided your hair was not good enough. Now you have to live with your new normal. I told you before that your medications are working. You are doing all you can to slow hair loss down. No one on here will be able to predict your future in the next ten years. However, based on my own experience you will not be bald as long as you stay on finasteride and minoxidil at the very least and control your BDD/OCD,anxiety and type A personality.

Last edited:

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The moral of the story of this thread is you can't predict when you will go bald. This thread was created in 2017, in May, it will be 4 years. He predicted he would be bald in less than a year. WRONG! You know why he is not bald because he is on treatments. He says they are making things worse. Does this photo in 2020 show he got worse from 2017. View attachment 160227

You don't look bald to me after 3 years. Have you lost density. Maybe ever so slightly due to slowing going gray. Are you bald? No way. You keep asking for answers but until you can show you know how to predict your own hair loss or anyone else's, don't create threads trying to create a false narrative. You are not going to solve an issue by using a band aid. Your new normal is shedding as many hairs as you do now.Your hair cycles got messed up when you decided your hair was not good enough. Now you have to live with your new normal. I told you before that your medications are working. You are doing all you can to slow hair loss down. No one on here will be able to predict your future in the next ten years. However, based on my own experience you will not be bald as long as you stay on finasteride and minoxidil at the very least and control your BDD/OCD,anxiety and type A personality.
Dude looks like a f*****g lion in this picture. What I struggle to understand is the fact that in other pictures when his hair is wet the density looks like crap. I know pictures are deceiving comparing to reality, but cmon. His hair wet really looks like sh*t, lifeless and frizzy

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Dude looks like a f*****g lion in this picture. What I struggle to understand is the fact that in other pictures when his hair is wet the density looks like crap. I know pictures are deceiving comparing to reality, but cmon. His hair wet really looks like sh*t, lifeless and frizzy
Yes but when you are balding, even your hair dry won't look that good. Look at @Fontaine hair for an example. And I am not picking on him, it's just a good example.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The moral of the story of this thread is you can't predict when you will go bald. This thread was created in 2017, in May, it will be 4 years. He predicted he would be bald in less than a year. WRONG! You know why he is not bald because he is on treatments. He says they are making things worse. Does this photo in 2020 show he got worse from 2017. View attachment 160227

OP is yet to post washed pics of his hair as of today.

Jtk11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Off topic but can hypothyroidism/ hashimotos cause the hair strands to thin themselves? I know it causes hair loss but do the hairs actually miniturize?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Off topic but can hypothyroidism/ hashimotos cause the hair strands to thin themselves? I know it causes hair loss but do the hairs actually miniturize?
I think it could.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it could.
What about telogen effluvium? Is it possible that the regrowth after a recovery will vary? I get some strands really thick others are thin, but they aren't < 3cm. Don't want to cope here, but my pattern is really strange compared to the hair loss types I see here.

Jtk11

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about telogen effluvium? Is it possible that the regrowth after a recovery will vary? I get some strands really thick others are thin, but they aren't < 3cm. Don't want to cope here, but my pattern is really strange compared to the hair loss types I see here.
Mine is similar it sounds like. Do you have thyroid issues?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Lets see your pattern.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine is similar it sounds like. Do you have thyroid issues?
Hey jtk as far as I know I don't have. Haven't gotten checked yet but I don't have any symptomer other than this hair loss. What I think that triggered my shedding was seborheic dermatitis, it came to a level where my scalp would burn. Worst days of my liv

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I think this is a big part of the problem. It has really declined from the fall. Maybe it’s a long topical Dutasteride shed? Either @DoctorHouse thats what I’m looking to understand: are the treatments helping or hurting. Stop everything or keep the aggressive regimen.
Obviously they are helping. You are not bald yet. I don't think you need to be as aggressive with your situation. Just finasteride and minoxidil would be enough for you.

Jtk11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey jtk as far as I know I don't have. Haven't gotten checked yet but I don't have any symptomer other than this hair loss. What I think that triggered my shedding was seborheic dermatitis, it came to a level where my scalp would burn. Worst days of my liv
Do you get lines or streaks of hair loss like OP's? I have that & found out I have high TSH levels but can't get on treatment to see if it will help

Jtk11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also how does seborrheic dermatitis even start?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Heading back down to Baumen, not for FUE but for the detailed measurements and to get some data on whether or not it’s miniaturization versus thinning in sides and back.