Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also how does seborrheic dermatitis even start?
I do get an alternate shedding. Sometimes I shed little, but when my scalp is itchy i.e seb derm flare up I shed like a dog. I don't know how this start, maybe I always had dandruff but it got to a point 2 years ago where my scalp would refuse any type of shampoo. But I, as a fool, kept using them until this year. I decided to switch to a baby shampoo(not recommended but it's the only thing I've tried so far that makes my scalp calm) and so far so good. My shedding has reduced and I haven't had any flare up yet. Ketoconazole, selsun blue, nizoral were all harsh on my scalp even though I barely used them.

hairhelp777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not much itch, some red spots on the nape that never seem to go away. Skin is not red just fresh from shower in the pictures. No real change in eyebrows, beard is not growing as fast or full as in the fall.
Loss of facial hair can be a symptom of lichen planopilaris/fronal fibrosing alopecia. Often there is itching/tenderness on the scalp. I think biopsies should pick it up - unless they took a biopsy in an area without active LPP.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn’t show up in biopsy only showed AA. Unless DUPA I can understand the thinning in occipital region. Diffusing is fairly standard.

despite the advice here I’m going to stay in current regimen until I get some measurements.

RU 2x day 4ml
.25 Propecia daily
5 mg oral minoxidil ED
Topcial Dutasteride .1% EW (Strut)

shedding like crazy, most are healthy hairs around 4-5 inches. coming out everywhere.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn’t show up in biopsy only showed AA. Unless DUPA I can understand the thinning in occipital region. Diffusing is fairly standard.

despite the advice here I’m going to stay in current regimen until I get some measurements.

RU 2x day 4ml
.25 Propecia daily
5 mg oral minoxidil ED

shedding like crazy, most are healthy hairs around 4-5 inches. coming out everywhere.
You do you bro

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

RU 2x day 4ml
.25 Propecia daily
5 mg oral minoxidil ED

How do you know your RU is legit? Do you know that oral minoxidil could cause an increase in heart size? How is your blood pressure? I would ask Bauman to switch you to his topical finasteride minoxidil combo. Dump the oral minoxidil, RU, oral finasteride, and topical dutasteride. Are you coming to Florida?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I’m coming in early May. I have tried to avoid minoxidil changes due to the threat of shedding but shed has been pretty awful. On our video appointment baumen pushed his topical Dutasteride minoxidil tretenoin mix. Clear he’s working with the basic in regard to androgens’Only DHT’ my serum DHT levels are low 2.3 (23) compared to a high T 1100. As always not looking to stay at Aquaman levels just get through a day not covered in hair.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yes I’m coming in early May. I have tried to avoid minoxidil changes due to the threat of shedding but shed has been pretty awful. On our video appointment baumen pushed his topical Dutasteride minoxidil tretenoin mix. Clear he’s working with the basic in regard to androgens’Only DHT’ my serum DHT levels are low 2.3 (23) compared to a high T 1100. As always not looking to stay at Aquaman levels just get through a day not covered in hair.
What does Bauman think of your hair? How does he rate it? Did he said you could quit oral finasteride if you stay with his topical. How much is his topical? How much does he charge for a telemedicine consult? He is now offering virtual PRP. What do you think of this? Are you going to try it?
@pegasus2, what are your thoughts about this?

Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
So when I met with him my hair was in much better shape (12/8/2020). Shedding continued but was not as dramatic at the time. He charged 300.00 for 45 minutes on Zoom and that included a local trichologist taking microscope photos (I think I posted at some point). They showed male pattern baldness region miniaturization and overall thinning.

I think he looked at the hairline and at the time hadn’t thinned nearly as much. Vertex and crown density is low. His topical product is pricey 220/month (Dutasteride, Minoxidil, Tretenoin) versus Strut 60/month with no minoxidil.

...he advised not using both oral and topical. Pushed hard in his PRP and his 5k laser cap. Also was pushing his supplements hard. Was discouraging as it was clear how $ focused his practice is...

I want a more detailed look and miniaturized hairs on the sides and back. I think testosterone is killing my hair as my DHT is low.

all considered this shed is brutal and accelerating my thinning more than ever. This is at my desk just today with no brushing.

Attachments

• 8F46EA0B-92FA-450E-9AB2-D1E0CF940617.jpeg
    8F46EA0B-92FA-450E-9AB2-D1E0CF940617.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 100

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just as aside. I’m 100% starting to get Propecia sides again. I have been low dosing for a few months and my guess is that it’s accumulated in my system. I do t think I can tolerate the low serum DHT.

not sure if I’m going to go back on any HCG to recover those levels. For some reason it was fine over the summer but when I stopped in October my hair got f*****g murdered. Tons of regrowth everywhere but thin and light in color.

starting to look at any non-androgen options. if my donor is safe I’m just stopping everything and hope for a good FUE if I can’t tolerate being bald.

it took 3 years but I’m finally going bald in under a year. I’d start the clock in mid-October.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dry. Washed. No sun. I am fucked. Diffuse everywhere.

anyone else having trouble posting pictures?

Last edited:

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just as aside. I’m 100% starting to get Propecia sides again. I have been low dosing for a few months and my guess is that it’s accumulated in my system. I do t think I can tolerate the low serum DHT.

not sure if I’m going to go back on any HCG to recover those levels. For some reason it was fine over the summer but when I stopped in October my hair got f*****g murdered. Tons of regrowth everywhere but thin and light in color.

starting to look at any non-androgen options. if my donor is safe I’m just stopping everything and hope for a good FUE if I can’t tolerate being bald.

it took 3 years but I’m finally going bald in under a year. I’d start the clock in mid-October.
how long is this miniaturized regrowth?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think your hair is anywhere near as bad as you think, regardless, try adding oral castor oil to your regimen, i think it synergizes well with oral minoxidil, see how your stomach handles 5 or 10ml. Cheap as anything to buy so you are not losing much trying. I saw an improvement on it.