Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I will be turning 54 in about 6 months, went to hair transplant DR last January and he said I really did not need one but much harder to style. Using .5 Avodart & Nutrafol
How is your hairline? Can't tell in any of those photos.

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is your hairline? Can't tell in any of those photos.
My scalp gets a little itchy right after I shampoo and then that goes away the next day, do you think that is DHT? micro needle the hairline one a week and use minoxidil . It seem to got a little better but like I said I had so much shedding for 7 months after PRP treatments in August & Sept

Attachments

• IMG-1024.jpg
    IMG-1024.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 137

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s one of the first positive PRP experiences I’ve heard of... with .5 Dutasteride and that density you might grow hair down to your eyebrows. Drop some oral minoxidil in after a year.

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any
Our hairlines are near the same , your hair is just longer. Are you doing mirconeedling?
That’s one of the first positive PRP experiences I’ve heard of... with .5 Dutasteride and that density you might grow hair down to your eyebrows. Drop some oral minoxidil in after a year.
No I had way more hair last year, the PRP caused diffuse thinning all over and really hit my hairline. Nor sure if some of the shedded hair is not growing but we went downhill after PRP. I am considering oral minoxidil have contacted people at GOODSTUFF store about it.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying. I thought you said you got thicker after PRP.

I had really good results on oral minoxidil for the first two years. Still on it but I am losing ground fast. I just can’t tolerate the anti androgens despite many attempts. My goal now is to find out if a future hair transplant is possible.

@DoctorHouse what are your thoughts on hair transplant without any anti-androgens? Is this viable?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

I had really good results on oral minoxidil for the first two years. Still on it but I am losing ground fast. I just can’t tolerate the anti androgens despite many attempts. My goal now is to find out if a future hair transplant is possible.

@DoctorHouse what are your thoughts on hair transplant without any anti-androgens? Is this viable?
It is viable but it does not protect you as well against shock loss. You reduce the chance of shock loss by being on finasteride for at least one year. Many hair transplant doctors will not accept you as a patient if you are not on finasteride for at least one year. You don't need a transplant yet. You won't be bald if you just stay on the basics: minoxidil and finasteride. I am sure Bauman will agree. @rapper dude, you don't seem to have any hair loss. Your hair is so thick to begin with you can't even tell. You are very lucky to have thick caliber hair because it hides any thinning. Are you a YouTuber?

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is viable but it does not protect you as well against shock loss. You reduce the chance of shock loss by being on finasteride for at least one year. Many hair transplant doctors will not accept you as a patient if you are not on finasteride for at least one year. You don't need a transplant yet. You won't be bald if you just stay on the basics: minoxidil and finasteride. I am sure Bauman will agree. @rapper dude, you don't seem to have any hair loss. Your hair is so thick to begin with you can't even tell. You are very lucky to have thick caliber hair because it hides any thinning. Are you a YouTuber?
No and I was on finasteride about 3 years ago for about 3 years and started losing ground and switched over to Avodart.5mg along with minoxidil and Nutrafol. Are you saying go back to finasteride? because hairline was even thicker when on that at around 48-49 years old

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did visit hair transplant DR last Feb just before Covid dit and he said hairline & crown were great, said if I wanted he could put in about 300-400 grafts along temples and corners of hairline. Since then corners of hairline have receded and hair has defused more and as I mentioned had mass shedding after two PRP sessions. DR BAUMAN one blog mentions that PRP treatments can produce months of shedding and that will come back later. Still waiting

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you mentioned your father started balding at a younger age than you. Do you know if it began gradually or rapidly, like yours?

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This was my hairline before receiving PRP treatments, was more even right across. The good old days before PRP
I think you mentioned your father started balding at a younger age than you. Do you know if it began gradually or rapidly, like yours?
Why father has a full head of hair at age 84, perfect square hairline

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here was my hairline in Sept before starting PRP treatments and you can compare from just yesterday, there is a huge difference in density and on the corners. Once I had the PRP treatments mass shedding happened, just now it started to slow down

Are you having any heart issues with oral minoxidil?

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey dude, how did you get on oral minoxidil and where did you buy it from? I need a trusted source and not some guy asking me to wire him money in Tawain.

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This was hairline in late August before having two PRP treatments as compared with pics I posted yesterday and taken yesterday

Attachments

• IMG-0608.jpg
    IMG-0608.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 111

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks pretty great to me but I know the individual experience is much different than a photo.

Dr. Konior started me on oral minoxidil in 2017 called in an Rx. Was good for a few years. I get it covered and it’s like 2.00 at CVS. No heart issues.

I wasn’t aware of it but my PCP did say oral
minoxidil at 5mg could reduce erection quality cause ED.

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks pretty great to me but I know the individual experience is much different than a photo.

Dr. Konior started me on oral minoxidil in 2017 called in an Rx. Was good for a few years. I get it covered and it’s like 2.00 at CVS. No heart issues.

I wasn’t aware of it but my PCP did say oral
minoxidil at 5mg could reduce erection quality cause ED.
My wife, friends and family all think I am crazy and nothing wrong with my hair, but only person that knows is me because can feel the difference when washing and when I style. Do you get itchy on scalp and I really understand how you feel after reading previous posts. I feel you pain, it sucks . I do feel really bad reading the posts on reddit of kids 15-16 years old with already see through hairlines, that is terrible.

This DR.KONIOR, did you need to visit in person ?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah same deal friends and family. Traditional dermatologists still tell me it’s Telogen Effluvium. Which is crazy. Now the sheer volume of hair and the recession makes people acknowledge I’m losing a lot. I think for awhile the regrowth was keep up.

I messed up my hormones in the process with HCG to fight Finasteride sides. Now that’s not working and I’m losing fast on a heavy regimen.

Konior was in person, Chicago.

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah same deal friends and family. Traditional dermatologists still tell me it’s Telogen Effluvium. Which is crazy. Now the sheer volume of hair and the recession makes people acknowledge I’m losing a lot. I think for awhile the regrowth was keep up.

I messed up my hormones in the process with HCG to fight Finasteride sides. Now that’s not working and I’m losing fast on a heavy regimen.

Konior was in person, Chicago.
Does Konior do virtual evaluations and prescriptions?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
no but his other Dr. Dr. Nadimi might. She’s actually a little better then him when it comes to medical treatments. He calls himself a ‘laborer that just moves hair around’ ha. He’s also very into Clint Eastwood.

does anyone think Traction slope is could have made my situation worse/accelerated? I rarely pull anything up with almost no pressure but before this all started I was so confident I’d never loose hair at 40 that I’d tight a tight ponytail daily to run. Might explain the thinning on sides and back a little?

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no but his other Dr. Dr. Nadimi might. She’s actually a little better then him when it comes to medical treatments. He calls himself a ‘laborer that just moves hair around’ ha. He’s also very into Clint Eastwood.

does anyone think Traction slope is could have made my situation worse/accelerated? I rarely pull anything up with almost no pressure but before this all started I was so confident I’d never loose hair at 40 that I’d tight a tight ponytail daily to run. Might explain the thinning on sides and back a little?
I have thinning on sides & back too, who could I get oral minoxidil?