Garnier Fructis

SE-freak

Reaction score
I am yet to be saved. It was one of those crown-inspection days today and of course I ended up buzzing my head. In fact I have never had my hair that short.

I am so pissed.

VWdude

Reaction score
SEfreak said:
I am yet to be saved. It was one of those crown-inspection days today and of course I ended up buzzing my head. In fact I have never had my hair that short.

I am so pissed.

I think you should go for some propecia and/or minoxidil. If thats you regimen in your signature I think there is some room for improvement.

SE-freak

Reaction score
VWdude,

thank you so much for your comment.

I am aware of the naively "innocent" regiment I am currently following. A derm is monitoring my condition during the last 4 months and has not prescribed any medication yet.(I guess he is trying to figure out the pace of my loss????-which btw has not progressed for some years now).I have no sleek bald spots and my hairline is pretty good. Only problem is crown-hair everywhere but thinner.the contrast with the rest of my scalp where I have very thick hair is annoying.

VWdude

Reaction score
SEfreak said:
VWdude,

thank you so much for your comment.

I am aware of the naively "innocent" regiment I am currently following. A derm is monitoring my condition during the last 4 months and has not prescribed any medication yet.(I guess he is trying to figure out the pace of my loss????-which btw has not progressed for some years now).I have no sleek bald spots and my hairline is pretty good. Only problem is crown-hair everywhere but thinner.the contrast with the rest of my scalp where I have very thick hair is annoying.

It looks like your hairloss is not rapid like some of us on here and I believe if you were to go on minoxidil or propecia you could thicken up your crown easily.. 6 months into my regimen, my crown has totally thickened up and so has the rest of my hair! If things slip you can alwasy resort to finasteride or good ol minoxidil.

SE-freak

Reaction score
I used to have long hair and then one day(I was 22) I cut it short. I had two swirls on my crown and near those hair was thinner-blonder. I remember showering while having long hair and feeling those soft spots.
So it has been definately more than 6 years. That of course does not change the fact that I hate my crown thinning. It is so strange cause you have a normal image up front and you have to *check* your crown and then... f***. I cannot let my elsewhere thick hair due to this thinning. It is so frustrating. The good thing is that hair is everywhere but changes texture color and thickness in a strangely distinguished pattern.

At least if I had temple thinning I would not pat myself at the back while seeing an acceptable image every morning.And would not have to worry if someone happens to be above and behind me. I hate this.

Anyway, I hope this derm knows what he is doing and I hope that if needed propecia works for me as well as it did for you during those months. I cannot let my elsewhere thick hair grow due to this thinning. It is so frustrating...

VWdude

Reaction score
I think you should just get on finasteride and say f*** what you derm has to say... like they say the earlier you start the more hair you will have in the long run.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Bought the Surf Hair stuff today. If it sucks, VW, I expect a check for $2.86 (gotta love Wal-Mart) waiting for me!

D.

VWdude

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Bought the Surf Hair stuff today. If it sucks, VW, I expect a check for $2.86 (gotta love Wal-Mart) waiting for me!

D.

How do you like it? are you addicted to it and sniffing it like glue yet?

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
vw, this surf dude thing is much better then the normal hair gels for the thinners ?

drinkrum

Reaction score
VWdude said:
drinkrum said:

D.

How do you like it? are you addicted to it and sniffing it like glue yet?

I actually prefer the Fiber Gum Putty. The Surf Hair stuff is a bit too waxy and leaves my hair feeling greasy. The Fiber Gum Putty is a stronger hold and more gel-like so it doesn't feel oily at all. Where's my $2.86, punk?!

D.

VWdude

Reaction score
LOL... alot of people love it, I had no idea you wouldn't like it as much it all depends on the hair type I guess. but hey, you could use it if you run out of fiber, its pretty good stuff.

how about I ship you half a propecia pill to cover your expenses? you'd probably like that better.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
vw , do u have straight hair ?

i have loosen curly hair ( can be straighten well ) , do u think the american crew shampoo on your sig can help it to imrpove ? because right now im looking for a good shampoo next to nizoral that doesn't create flakes or dryness after using it and then hopefully find the right pomade for me , i will try american fiber and the v05 red play it!(http://www.drugstore.com/products/p...42047&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH-HV is this the right one ? )) and see whats going on, because i really need a good shampoo and something that will make my hair look very THICk , since i have a very thin hair

drinkrum

Reaction score
VWdude said:
LOL... alot of people love it, I had no idea you wouldn't like it as much it all depends on the hair type I guess. but hey, you could use it if you run out of fiber, its pretty good stuff.

how about I ship you half a propecia pill to cover your expenses? you'd probably like that better.

1/2 a Proscar and then we're talking.

D.

VWdude

Reaction score
Wezz said:
vw , do u have straight hair ?

i have loosen curly hair ( can be straighten well ) , do u think the american crew shampoo on your sig can help it to imrpove ? because right now im looking for a good shampoo next to nizoral that doesn't create flakes or dryness after using it and then hopefully find the right pomade for me , i will try american fiber and the v05 red play it!(http://www.drugstore.com/products/p...42047&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH-HV is this the right one ? )) and see whats going on, because i really need a good shampoo and something that will make my hair look very THICk , since i have a very thin hair

Yup looks like the right stuff you got there, except the one I get here is in a blue container, not red... but I looked at it and its the same thing.

Also, Am crew revitalize shampoo and conditioner are very good, I use them when I am not using nizoral (which is 5 days a week). Very good stuff. I had a history of itchy, flaky skin and this stuff doesn't irritate me at all and it has helped me maintain a healthy scalp... i truly love this stuff! I think it has helped me with my situation in a whole, providing that i have a healthy scalp and healthier hair. You should try it.

PS. I have wavy/strait hair.

VWdude

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
VWdude said:

1/2 a Proscar and then we're talking.

D.

ahaha I wonder, have people ever shipped out say... a pill or half a pill on here. I wouldn't be too surprised.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have a very bad thinning, and with nizoral and a regular jell, this makes my hair very bad !!

i need a new shampoo and this v05 to have some hair confidence, thanks vw for your tried products, i really have hope now about my hair's look .

cheers 8)