Garnier Fructis

VWdude

Reaction score
Wezz said:
i have a very bad thinning, and with nizoral and a regular jell, this makes my hair very bad !!

i need a new shampoo and this v05 to have some hair confidence, thanks vw for your tried products, i really have hope now about my hair's look .

cheers 8)

let me know how it goes... gel doesnt make my hair look all that great either, too watery and it doesn't add much volume... you'll like V05, Am crew Fiber and got2b chaotic.

dan65

Reaction score
anybody have tips for how much and how to style with the garnier surfer hair paste. i got some and it works ok, but from the sounds of this thread i am probably doing something wrong cause it seems it should be working better

hairfin

Established Member
Reaction score
what i do is have a lump on finger, run it under some water than apply to hair, then use water to spread it out.

G

Glad I read this thread because this surfer hair stuff rules. For the first time ever, my hair does what I want it to. My hair is my b**ch now! :lol:

viperfish

Reaction score
I keep saying this, but the Avacor thickening lotion is simply the best styling aid I have ever used.

adrenalinegto

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new here and I think I am the right place. I read some of this thread and it sounds very convincing So all these products (vo5 rework putty, american crew fibers, and garnier surfer hair) work pretty much the same way. So let me get this straight, after u take a shower u just dry ur hair and put one these products in ur hair and it really gives u thicker look. If it does I am on my way to buy one of em. What do u guys think is the best for about an inch longer hair. I have thin hair now so when ever I spike my hair, it kind a gives me a bald look and I hate it. Please help. Thanx

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just picked up surf hair and this stuff is great, the only thing im concerned is how to apply it efficiently, in the directions it says apply dime amount to your hair, but thats just for that area right ? for every area i wanna apply i need to get dime amount and just rub it in my hair and do the style. since i have light curly hair i cant make spikes or such but it gives me a good messy look , thickens and gives it a good texture. Overall its an excellent product for the price, i will try v05 and american crew ( very expensive ) later on to decide which one to use ... for it seems like my styling time is only 2 mins :) , any tips on applying to wavy hair would be great..

and the person who posted their picture on vo5, that style looks great, how do you make shapes and stuff like that to the hair ? maybe its because its straight hair and works better ?

thanks vwdude and people mentioning, this stuff really works 10x better then a normal gel.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought some of this stuff, but since i'm losing a crap load of hair at the moment i wont be using it until things slow down. I tried and my hands were covered in 20 hairs or so. It smells good but i find it doesn't hold my hair in the style i want for very long.

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is old news, but I just gotta say, just got me some this Surf Hair stuff and it's the sh!t!

Turns my flat hair into a big frizzy MOP!

Highly recommeded!!

VWdude

Reaction score
Jude said:
I know this thread is old news, but I just gotta say, just got me some this Surf Hair stuff and it's the sh!t!

Turns my flat hair into a big frizzy MOP!

Highly recommeded!!

glad you like it, i still recommend you try GOT2B chaotic putty.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
vwdude, which one gives the hair the wet gel look but still hold without gel crap ? its strange that surf hair doesnt hold my hair that much, it seems to run out after about 4 hours and my hair goes back to crap..

VWdude

Reaction score
Wezz said:
vwdude, which one gives the hair the wet gel look but still hold without gel crap ? its strange that surf hair doesnt hold my hair that much, it seems to run out after about 4 hours and my hair goes back to crap..

have you tried american crew fibre? give that a shot. That or V05 reworkable putty.

softsoapjones

Reaction score
vwdude, my hair is longer (about 4 inches avg.), and even with thickening shampoo (garnier fructis for fine hair), there's some circumstances where my thinning crown is visible. I prefer not to get my hair cut right away because I have recently started Propecia&Rogaine (2.5 months), and I don't want to stress my hair that much for at least a couple of months. Without thickening shampoo, the thickening crown is easily noticeable.

Out of AmCrew fiber, V05 putty, and garnier surf hair, what's your best guess for a product that will "hide" the crown with a little mixing around of artificially thickened hair back there (20 min or so after I have applied Rogaine of course)? The main question is - longer hair, balding crown, what's the best option?

softsoapjones

Reaction score
oh good lord. i just figured something out - for the past 3 years or so, I've been combing my hair opposite to it's natural flow (by "natural" I mean forced in childhood :p), I'd part it on the right. I JUST tried parting it on the left ("natural") and the visible bald spot became NOTICEABLY smaller even without shampoo, so just imagine what could happen with thickening shampoo and one of the putty things mentioned in this thread. Please give me advice on which one to purchase first!!! I want to pick it up this afternoon!

Thanks!!!!

Also, here's the bigger question: read this post completely and the one before it before you answer - with the length of my hair will these putty things even work? then tell me which one you suggest!

softsoapjones

Reaction score
Update: So I went ahead and picked this Surf hair stuff up: Verdict? This S#IT is AWFUL for longer/thinner hair. It made my hair look like crap, I ended up pulling out another 20 hairs, and showing more scalp then ever. Good thing it's a Sunday. Thanks for the s#itty recommendation.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone would think we were a bunch of women. Blokes talking about shampoo just isn't right!

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
softsoapjones said:
Update: So I went ahead and picked this Surf hair stuff up: Verdict? This S#IT is AWFUL for longer/thinner hair. It made my hair look like crap, I ended up pulling out another 20 hairs, and showing more scalp then ever. Good thing it's a Sunday. Thanks for the s#itty recommendation.

well it didnt work that perfect on my hair either but i will go ahead and give these AmCrew fiber, V05 putty a shot and tell my final verdict. You should try these too, maybe one of them will work. I think surf hair is more for a straight little wavy hair types.

softsoapjones

Reaction score
well, my verdict is that these products aren't at all for longer/thinning hair/actually balding scalps - this should probably be mentioned somewhere in the OH... 13 pages before my first post! From looking at the few pics in this thread, those people seem to have a ridiculously small amount of hair loss (and I mean RIDICULOUSLY small). If I cut my hair to that level you could probably easily see scalp a lot, whereas with these guys (putty or not) their "hair loss" is not even visible. Oh well, I mean, more power to those guys, but be wary of these products, especially if you are still in a shed phase - PREPARE TO YANK OUT MORE OF YOUR OWN HAIR!

VWdude

Reaction score
One product make work well for one person, yet yield the same results for another. It all depends on hair type and severity of hairloss. I know of people who have noticable hairloss that use one or more of these products to help style and conceal hairloss to make it less noticable. Usually the shorter your hair is, the less noticable hairloss will be. Longer hair tends to seperate exposing more scalp, shorter hair tends to go its seperate way creating the illusion of more hair, that's just the way it is... if any of the above products are not helping you, you might want to consider using them in different lengths of your hair, or experiment with other products.. good luck to you.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
I wanted to open a new topic about this new gel i bought called Frutis styling gel "Hard" and there´s an 14 page thread \o/

SInce it doesn´t have alchool in it could this product be considered less agressive to the hair since it has no alchool ?