Garnier Fructis

VWdude

Reaction score
I forget who the dude was who said it, but he mentioned "surfer hair" by fructis. I picked up a bottle of that stuff and suprisingly it works really well and now I love this stuff... its like 5 bux..gives your hair a nice thick textured look thats re workable. Must be good for the hair to since it has fruit goodness in it...anyways thought i might share that with the rest of ya!

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
where'd you pick it up?

VWdude

Reaction score
shoppers drugmart. But im sure you can purchase it anywhere that sells generic haircare products.

VWdude

Reaction score
jfhawk06 said:
glad you like it --- like i said, it's doing wonders for me.

there's the dude! thanks for posting earlier... its good stuff eh!

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Im in Australia... I know when i was in Canada there was a shitload of Fructis stuff around. I was using theie Gel "Ultra Strong"... loved it but couldnt get it when i came back. Would love to get some of this stuff your talking of, always good to try new ones... but imagine it'll be hard to find in Australia. Any online place maybe? How about someone sends one to me! Perfect ;)

jfhawk06

Established Member
Reaction score
i hope this thing sticks around on the market. i don't know what i'd do without it. i'm tempted to buy a lifetime supply. :lol:

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Melbs - dude, the whole Fructis style range has been introduced in Australia in the last couple of weeks. It's all over Sydney - bought some of the Surf Hair at Woolworths for $5!

Gotta say though - it aint as good as i thought it would be from the reviews i've read on here. It doesn't hold as well as other products i've used and leaves my hair looking pretty dull (yes, i know it's a matt finish).

In my opinion it's a good weekend, day-time, casual product. I use Kiwi Piecing Paste for nights - better hold and a little shine. Keeps my hair vertical!

Def

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok, guys, looks like I'll have to check out this stuff too:) Hopefully our Rite-Aid store nearby will have some.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
used the surfer hair and personally did not like it, just my 2 though.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Another option which ive been using since Canada... prob almost a year, is "V05 Rework Fibre Putty "Extreme" Its like a putty (clearly) but dries pretty solid and really thickens up the look of the hair... and you can re-mess it hours later if need be... works better than the Fructis Gel because it dosen't stick ALL the hair together like a liquid gel does. Seriously give it a try if you go for that sort of messy style like me. I just buy it in Safeway/Woolworths here in Melbourne.

VWdude

Reaction score
Melbs said:
Another option which ive been using since Canada... prob almost a year, is "V05 Rework Fibre Putty "Extreme" Its like a putty (clearly) but dries pretty solid and really thickens up the look of the hair... and you can re-mess it hours later if need be... works better than the Fructis Gel because it dosen't stick ALL the hair together like a liquid gel does. Seriously give it a try if you go for that sort of messy style like me. I just buy it in Safeway/Woolworths here in Melbourne.

there are so many putties out there and i've tried a few, some i like, some i didnt like so much but i'll give it a try.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Im a fan... it really appears to thinken it up well... i have very fine hair (as in silky and flat) So it bulsters it up... ripper!

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
I have used both VO5 Rework Putty, which I quite like and Fructis Surf Hair which is ok too. However, the main problem with these products is that I find them tough to wash out. My hair still feels “waxyâ€￾ after one rinse of shampoo, and still doesn’t feel entirely clean after the second. Perhaps it’s the shampoo I’m using? At the moment I use Sunsilk Base Essentials shampoo and American Crew Revitalise Conditioner (love this sh*t! – but the Revitalise shampoo is as weak as cat’s p*ss). Is there a better shampoo for removing product and/or build up?

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
Def said:
Is there a better shampoo for removing product and/or build up?

I really like the American Crew "for normal to oily hair" Daily shampoo... I have fine (by fine I mean thin) hair, and it seems to clean well and leave hair light.

American Crew also has a texturizing spray which I like.. I will try it with the Surf Hair and see how it goes.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this stuff a pomade?

I might have to try some. Finding a styling product that doesn't make my hair look like *** has been tough since the thinning....