Garnier Fructis

VWdude

Reaction score
vade said:
hey guys try Loreal FX"out of bed" it makes my hair look thicker and the hair can be still styled again and again all over the day because this stuff isnt like regualr gels that make your hair look like a piece of wood..its good stuff

I actually have this stuff but I have never tried it, I saw my brother using it a few times I think im going to give this one a shot too.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Well i decided to post the top of my head with VO5 Reworkable putty in it. My hair begins as a full on Beatles flat silky hair before i start (not as thick unfortunately). I mess it up after rubbing all over my hands mainly forward and back...

Anyway, have a look at these and get an idea. You can definately feel free to comment on how bad or OK my hair is too... as i sometimes wonder if i stress more than i should about my hair? It shits me how thin it is, but hey... Do tell? It always good to see what others actually think of my situation... plus ive never asked anyone before...

Front;
http://img97.echo.cx/my.php?image=gel113nj.jpg

Side;
http://img97.echo.cx/my.php?image=gel26to.jpg

Top:
http://img97.echo.cx/my.php?image=gel39jk.jpg

VWdude

Reaction score
Looks awesome dude.. don't even worry about it!

hairfin

Established Member
Reaction score
lovely stuff this surfer hair i always mix it with water then apply

ive tried vo5 intitially its awesome but the problem is it doesnt dry quick enough so my hair doesnt hold

Reaction score
I saw this surf hair stuff at walmart on thursday and decided to give it a try. I almost couldn't believe how much thicker it made my hair look. It cuts time in half to style my hair because i don't have to worry about trying to cover my temples so much. This is the happiest I've been about my hair in a while....then i decided to check out the forums, don't come here to often, and it seems it has already been discovered....its good stuff.

VWdude

Reaction score
You can even apply surfer hair and then touch it up (individual sculpting/spikes/etc) with American crew fiber. I tend to do this when my hair gets a bit longer and difficult to style.

Am crew fiber is style #1 on my list.

G

VWdude said:
You can even apply surfer hair and then touch it up (individual sculpting/spikes/etc) with American crew fiber. I tend to do this when my hair gets a bit longer and difficult to style.

Am crew fiber is style #1 on my list.

That is exactly what i do!

G

VWdude said:
and it turns out great eh!

it does indeed!

I'm gonna have to try the got2b stuff as well - as it seems you have very similar hair to me.

VWdude

Reaction score
yep, you'll love GOT2B chaotic molding putty... it REALLY thickens up your hair.. you'll be surprised.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
and about the american crew fiber, does it really works, my hair is just everywhere i just need to control this crap or the surfer or VO5 Reworkable putty.. ? which one

VWdude

Reaction score
i suggest you try them all and see for yourself.. because Am crew fiber may be good for my hair, but suck for yours, it depends on the hair type. give them all a shot.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
One thing about the surf hair stuff is that if you have a lot of hair, and it's curly, an hour after application your head will turn into a block of cement. What I mean is that you won't be able to run your hand through your hair.

Not a bad thing cosmetically, but it doesn't feel great to the touch, and you can't really restyle/fix your hair.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
as long as it stays on the style i put for the day, i dont really care if i can touch it or not, i dont relally touch my hair during the day anyways....

SE-freak

Reaction score
I had to raise this thread from the dead to write about this product.

I think Garnier Surfer Hair is an excellent styling agent. My hair is less than 1,5 cm long- I cannot even style it at this length. I tried Surfer hair and I really think it looks thicker. My hair has not even reached stylable length and it makes it look thicker. Got it?

:freaked2: :freaked2: :freaked2:

(Can I get my cheque now Garnier?)

(I have not tried the product in my crown area-where my worse thinning is. I might try it in the future when it gets a bit longer)

drinkrum

Reaction score
I have tried a billion hair products in the past. Just about everything you'd find at a pharmacy or Wal-Mart. I am currently using the Fiber Gum Putty from Garnier Fructis (not the Surf Hair or whatever). It has a green lid and is translucent green in color and very sticky. I like it. Before, my favorite product was Citre Shine's molding glue and Got2B's ultra-hold glue. Citre Shine's product, unfortunately, has been discontinued. I have also tried TRESemme's fiber putty -- it works okay with long hair but is not strong enough for short hair.

Has someone tried both the Fiber Gum Putty and the Surf Hair? Should I bother with the latter? I have used the V05 product, and it is good. I have also used Paul Mitchell's and American Crew's products briefly. I reckon they were good but a bit on the expensive side. I don't recommend any of LA Looks' products -- they all suck ***. Anyway, any input above would be appreciated.

D.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
All depends on hair type... but im into my 10th or 11th month using "V05 reworkable putty 'Extreme'"

As far as im concerned its saved a hell of a lot of bad hair days... something i seem to be having more and more often... which only means one thing...

VWdude

Reaction score
Yep im still using that too, its really good stuff and it holds all day and washes right out. I think am crew fiber is still my #1 though, but V05 is where its at price wise. If your lucky you can find a deal on ebay for AM crew stuff, I did.