Garnier Fructis

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alright a new product to try, where do i get this VO5 sh*t??? salon?

VWdude

Reaction score
I just bought it at shoppers drugmart (in canada). You can get it anywhere pretty much that sells generic brand hair products, anywhere that would have garnier fructis products would have this. I got it for 4.99 Canadian...i'm loving this stuff now!

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i think we need a new section entitled "hair styles and thinning hair" composed of all the different hair styles you could want, and how everyone on this site pulls them off with a bit of thinning going on :) a good entry would be as follows:

for the spiky bedhead:
wash hair. towel dry. work in surfer hair by garnier. let dry. add more surfer hair. use am crew fiber to touch up. enjoy getting laid that night.

or substitute with VO5.

:) i know this would help me. how you style your hair and what products you use can be a huge factor in how thick or not so thick your hair looks.

VWdude

Reaction score
sweet, I agree that hairstyles are very important when people are thining. with the right hairstyle no one may even notice you are thining and your confidence may be higher. There should be a forum for it!

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dudes, this has been one of my main concerns forever. I look at every mans scalp that I see to see if a) they have male pattern baldness signs and if so b) how in the hell are they styling their hair.

Pictures would be awesome.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Trent... if your in Australia, you can get it from Woolworths / Safeway, or Coles or any Supermarket... so i guess that goes for most places. Its not a Salon product, and its half the price. Still more expensive than some of the Gels... like $8 instead of $5, but sh*t... its well worth it.

Heres a link to what it looks like... but the lid is blue where i get it...

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_enlar ... &imageid=1

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys, where can I get american crew fiber from? does walmart sell it?

VWdude

Reaction score
AM crew fiber is strictly sold in salons and in beauty salons...just get off some shitty website for cheaper.

VWdude

Reaction score
-cj- said:
Dudes, this has been one of my main concerns forever. I look at every mans scalp that I see to see if a) they have male pattern baldness signs and if so b) how in the hell are they styling their hair.

Pictures would be awesome.

I could show you how I style my hair but that may not do any good to you. There are different factors you may have to take in to account like hair thickness, face shape, hairline, hair growth direction and etc. One style may look good on me but at the same time it may not look good on you....and vice versa. Everyone has unique features so you just have to experiment what works for you, no pics needed for that.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Although it would be good if a bunch of us put pics up... above forehead only... i'll consider chucking some up soon... minus my face with the V05 in it. I reckon i have fairly dramatically receeded temples but my hairstyle sort of covers it quite convincingly i think...

This thread has been one of the most popular ones since it came up, so i think alot of us would be interested in the pics... anyone?

Jyn

Reaction score
VWdude said:
AM crew fiber is strictly sold in salons and in beauty salons...just get off some shitty website for cheaper.

Not true, I bought mine at Target.

whatthehell

Reaction score
i currently use fructus hair gel/amerian crew fibre which are great, but what sort of hairstyle is the surfer hair good for?

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I posted earlier in this thread that I did not have favorable results with Surf Hair, mainly because the texture of my hair is too thin to style with this stuff. But today, I decided to mix it with a little water before rubbing it into my hair, and I guess it worked out a little better than the first time. My hair today doesn't look any different than it would with regular styling gel, but I guess the advantage is that this Surf Hair stuff is so potent that I can use just a tad and get the same result that I would with regular gel.

VWdude

Reaction score
I think im going to get a haircut soon my hair is getting too long and its getting harder to style. I like it when my hair is a little shorter so i can just take the product and just swipe my head with it and its done. If the hair looks thicker shorter then that will be alright too.

VWdude

Reaction score
Anyone try any new products lately? anyone???

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
god dammit, i couldn't find it.. all i coud find was VO5 wax and play, and it might be the worst product int he world, it made my hair look like a cancer patient and i had to wash it off for like ten minutes afterward. hair is looking sh*t lately, where can i find this reworkable putty stuff?? it better not only be in canada

VWdude

Reaction score
sh*t that sucks, you can find it all over..I guess some carry them and some places don't! If you cant find it elsewhere you can always resort to some shitty online site.

vade

Reaction score
hey guys try Loreal FX"out of bed" it makes my hair look thicker and the hair can be still styled again and again all over the day because this stuff isnt like regualr gels that make your hair look like a piece of wood..its good stuff

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'll keep an eye out for it, i'm going on vacation here soon so i need something that will hold throughout the hot days with sweat and still look good under the harsh reality of the sunlight.