Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Folex is using the same isp as myself (at home, not when I am using WAP). The others I've checked appear to be from the US.

Any users in particular you want me to check out?

Pm cassin or admin if you think this thread is outside posting guidelines as I am still learning the ins and outs.

Last edited:

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the paranoia seems unwarranted. it's a promising development. that itself could draw the lurkers out into posting.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Right, now that I am at home I can write something proper.

I don't see anyone promoting Equol on this thread. I see a bunch of people asking questions. I don't even see Folexen pushing Equol as a cure.

If you disagree with me, let me know via PM if you wish and the post in questions and I will review them.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Recieved the product. A few things I found were odd. The package contained no return mailing address, no invoice slip, and the bottle contains no instructions on it as to how to take, when to take, etc.

If you want people to think you are a legitimate business these are really important things. Just something to consider.

- - - Updated - - -

made a mistake, the return address was on the back of the package.

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
I received my folexen today. I will be starting with 1 capsule a day and slowly increase it to 4 a day to see how I tolerate it (I am sure I will be fine though). I will keep everyone updated. I should be able to tell quickly because my male pattern baldness itch disappears quickly when I use treatments that work for me (this is what happened when I used finasteride). Wish me luck!

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
Zeroes, there are pictures on their website if you go to the purchase section. The bottles are sealed, kind of like pop bottles, you have to twist the top to break the seal in order to open the bottle.

Jacob

Reaction score
Folex is using the same isp as myself (at home, not when I am using WAP). The others I've checked appear to be from the US.

Any users in particular you want me to check out?

Pm cassin or admin if you think this thread is outside posting guidelines as I am still learning the ins and outs.

As I said previously..it doesn't matter how/where they're showing up at/as. It doesn't matter if they're all different. Again..time will tell if they're legit.

- - - Updated - - -

the paranoia seems unwarranted. it's a promising development. that itself could draw the lurkers out into posting.

Ok..let me add to it then. As The Natural pointed out- they should have allowed a bunch of known legitmate posters try it out. Remember..the company rep is on this board. Now add to that- I DID ask him via email if he was interested in doing something like that- a trial of some sort in one of these forums. He seemed interested..but nothing became of it. Instead we get a # of newbie posters deciding to try it..and just happen to start posting then as well.

The product could be legit..it may even help some. There's nothing paranoid about pointing out something could be going on here though.

Jacob

Reaction score
Right, now that I am at home I can write something proper.

I don't see anyone promoting Equol on this thread. I see a bunch of people asking questions. I don't even see Folexen pushing Equol as a cure.

If you disagree with me, let me know via PM if you wish and the post in questions and I will review them.

You're missing the point still. But now that you mention it...unless the rules have changed, companies or those working for them are not supposed to be posting here. That's why Dr. P got the boot- the rules were pointed out.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As I said previously..it doesn't matter how/where they're showing up at/as. It doesn't matter if they're all different. Again..time will tell if they're legit.

They are coming from legit ISP around the world. The way proxies tend to work is they don't come from an ISP. Unless Folexen has infected (right term is alluding me atm) a bunch of PC's or has connections around the world I don't see anything that worries me at the moment.

I haven't seen Folexen push the product on here, I haven't seen him claim regrowth. He hasn't even promised maintenance.

- - - Updated - - -

You're missing the point still. But now that you mention it...unless the rules have changed, companies or those working for them are not supposed to be posting here. That's why Dr. P got the boot- the rules were pointed out.

You have a point about this, I will ask Cassin and Admin about this.

Jacob

Reaction score
Well anyone can tell you there are ways around that..but that's not even necessarily what I'm getting at. Think- Friends...family....people getting free product...etc etc.

But I must add...again...time will tell. I've actually posted "aloud" in another forum that I hope a newbie poster will stick around to give their feedback..even before/afters etc after just miraculously posting that they're going to start using something that was just posted, or had been using it..etc. They never posted again. Now there's a better chance they'll do that here..after saying that :twisted:

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok..let me add to it then. As The Natural pointed out- they should have allowed a bunch of known legitmate posters try it out. Remember..the company rep is on this board. Now add to that- I DID ask him via email if he was interested in doing something like that- a trial of some sort in one of these forums. He seemed interested..but nothing became of it. Instead we get a # of newbie posters deciding to try it..and just happen to start posting then as well.

they did a study so obviously a bunch of people already got it for free:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnIeGMRtsCrhdHB6LUt3QzFOb1BKWDJnRW0yMmFqd1E

folexen people aren't selling anything new! We knew about equol benefits many years ago it's just that no one was producing it until now

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay Jacob is correct on this. There is a staunch rule that no product manufacturers or website owners, or anyone affiliated with the sale of a product can post on this site. And we will watch like hawks for anyone with fewer than 50 posts who starts raving about a product as well. So its pointless for any company to try and create fake users. Unfortunately we haven't put live the Registration agreement which states this yet, so we've been having problems with people wanting to get free advertising using our forums for exactly that, lately.

Andrew of Folexen - I am afraid we can not have you posting here. This is a consumers-only forum. Since our moderators failed to catch this thread when it first went live on June 29th, it has now has sat for nearly 3 weeks, and become an 11 page discussion, and people may have problems if we just delete it. As a result I will leave the thread here, but username "Folexen" will need to be removed, and as mentioned above, any new registrants who start popping up with rave reviews will be squashed as well.

If Jacob explicitly asked for some evidence by some sort of structured participation with forum participants, and this was ignored, only to have Andrew sign up here and start advertising the product, then even more reason why I am not comfortable with the methods being used. Lets do this the honest way guys.

Admin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob wow you're pathetic...

as I said: They aren't selling anything new! We knew about equol a long time ago... seriously do a search on this forum: you can find a bunch of threads about it starting from 2004

They're just a simple LAB that produce this stuff. They have no patent on it or anything, they're just the producers of it!

Jacob

Reaction score
2020...a "study" with known posters in these types of forums would have been nice. Known posters...for a reason.
Edit..I never said it was anything new. I've posted about equol in the past. Now read your post again..along with many of your others..and see who's pathetic :)

To Admin...just to clarify...I emailed him the day after he first posted here(and of course he kept posting here afterwards). But the newbies posted later on..again, connected to him/the company or not is anybody's guess. It's just odd to me to start posting that you're going to use something that's just been posted.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2020...a "study" with known posters in these types of forums would have been nice. Known posters...for a reason.
Edit..I never said it was anything new. I've posted about equol in the past. Now read your post again..along with many of your others..and see who's pathetic :)

To Admin...just to clarify...I emailed him the day after he first posted here. But the newbies posted later on..again, connected to him/the company or not is anybody's guess. It's just odd to me to start posting that you're going to use something that's just been posted.

they're just lab a though.... They didn't actually "invent" the product. They're just manufacturing it.

this is unfortunate since this is probably the most promising treatment at the moment

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2020 sounds like the thread is staying, people have ordered it and we will see how things go. Nothing lost.

Jacob, I think the thread is so huge is that it's a new product and discovery. The equol discussed on here is different to the equol discussed in the past. Law knows more about this stuff than myself.

Jacob

Reaction score
2020..I've never said they invented it..either.

zeroes...Well I'm not questioning the length of the thread...although the more posters the longer..eh? :crazy:
And I'm pretty sure we did discuss this type of equol in the past..it just wasn't available as a supplement like this back then. I'm not seeing it via the search here though..maybe will try Google tomorrow.

Edit..did a quick search...this is one I posted some time ago: http://www.naturalequol.com/ ...and hey..there's a "sampling trial" there. For women...

Google still isn't redirecting btw......

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Never really noticed the so called male pattern baldness itch. I have dandruff, but my worst itches happen in the areas of the scalp NOT SUCEPTABLE to male pattern baldness, ie: at the back of the head and the side of the head. I do get itch at the top but not as much. However if it reduces DHT enough, it would reduce sebum production to some extent, and less sebum would give less of a place for the yeasts that cause the inflammation of dandruff to hang out, so the itch due to dandruff could drop.

I'm just jumping right in. I already took 15 mg today. lol. At first I did feel sleepy shortly after and a little light headed but it subsided. Probably going to go up to 20 / 25, and hang out there for a few months and see what I notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay Jacob is correct on this. There is a staunch rule that no product manufacturers or website owners, or anyone affiliated with the sale of a product can post on this site. And we will watch like hawks for anyone with fewer than 50 posts who starts raving about a product as well. So its pointless for any company to try and create fake users. Unfortunately we haven't put live the Registration agreement which states this yet, so we've been having problems with people wanting to get free advertising using our forums for exactly that, lately.

Andrew of Folexen - I am afraid we can not have you posting here. This is a consumers-only forum. Since our moderators failed to catch this thread when it first went live on June 29th, it has now has sat for nearly 3 weeks, and become an 11 page discussion, and people may have problems if we just delete it. As a result I will leave the thread here, but username "Folexen" will need to be removed, and as mentioned above, any new registrants who start popping up with rave reviews will be squashed as well.

If Jacob explicitly asked for some evidence by some sort of structured participation with forum participants, and this was ignored, only to have Andrew sign up here and start advertising the product, then even more reason why I am not comfortable with the methods being used. Lets do this the honest way guys.

Admin

We were waiting on him to post the independent lab tests confirming that his product did indeed contain the correct stereoisomer of equol, though based on his replies I am more or less confidant that it does at this point. If you could have eased up on that until then that would have been good. That was in the interest of consumer confidence which is indeed why I asked for him to get an independent lab test. Though I will just email the folexen site letting them know they should put that information on their site.