Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Regrowth for some people was set to be 2% at 10mg after 6 months correct? Any reason why it can't be 4% after 12 months, 8% after 24 months etc?

Also what are the chances it will shed body hair which I am fine with and facial hair which I am not fine with?

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
maintaining would be good. keep us posted.

Regrowth for some people was set to be 2% at 10mg after 6 months correct? Any reason why it can't be 4% after 12 months, 8% after 24 months etc?

There is no reason why couldnt continue to improve. finasteride and dutasteride max out at about 2 yrs from what I've read. Maybe this will work similarly.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Law and anyone else purchasing this stuff, keep us posted. I would be interested to see if anyone gets sides especially early on.

F

Folexen

Folexen, what is the delivery cost locally for us Aussies?

Hi zeroes, it's the standard AusPost rates. For example $6.60 for up to 4 bottles of caps or 3 bottles of powder anywhere in the country.

- - - Updated - - -

Also what are the chances it will shed body hair which I am fine with and facial hair which I am not fine with?

It's not likely to cause shedding of body/facial hair, but you might notice that it grows more slowly.

DHT possibly promotes growth in those areas but is not essential for it (which would explain why intersex people tend to still have body hair).

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Aks20. Equol has an advantage in that it is naturally produced by some people, for instance about half of Japanese people are able to produce it. It's not exogenic in the way that 5AR inhibitors are.

There isn't evidence of bone density issues in Japan, in fact Japanese have about 40% fewer hip fractures than western people (Ross PD, et al. Am J Epidemiol 1991;133:801-9). This isn't direct proof, since Japanese people probably have other lifestyle factors that contribute to bone health.

There is no reason to believe that S-equol would be positively correlated with lower bone density.

We undertook a small evaluation of efficacy, the results are tabulated here: http://folexen.com/public/S-equol_eval_10mg_oral_BD_summary.zip

There have been some studies into the safety of S-equol, here is one that you might find interesting:
Yee S, et. al. Acute and subchronic toxicity and genotoxicity of SE5-OH, an equol-rich product produced by Lactococcus garvieae. Food Chem Toxicol 2008;46:2713-20.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18554770

Thats 10 mg per day per person?

Were any side effects reported by any participants?

lobsterlobster

Established Member
Reaction score
^I can answer that. I already private messaged Folexen about this, and he said that no one got side effects, and that he's pretty confident that we won't either. Although if we're worried about sides, we should try starting at just one pill a day and move up to the 4 a day. That's what I'm doing.

Conpecia

Reaction score
If this works well enough to stop further recession for two or three years I will be ecstatic, regardless of whether it grows hair back. Just need to maintain, thankfully. Thanks in advance to those who will be reporting results and whatnot, very excited about this.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
If this works well enough to stop further recession for two or three years I will be ecstatic, regardless of whether it grows hair back. Just need to maintain, thankfully. Thanks in advance to those who will be reporting results and whatnot, very excited about this.

yep...I have diffused thinned a lot, but it would be OK to maintain at his point rather than go completely bald for a couple of years until we have the magic bullet...which I believe is not far off...there has been a lot of chatter about hairloss breakthrough's ever since this last study came out..

Jacob

Reaction score
I hate it when newbies(notice that's more than one) start posting that they're trying something new that's been posted...

lobsterlobster

Established Member
Reaction score
Let us be youthful, Grandpa lol. I just popped my first Folexen (and yes, working yourself up to the recommended dosage couldn't hurt). Now, I for one want to take a break from this useful but depression-prone website. I will report back in a few months.

F

Folexen

what do you suggest - taking 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening as prescribed, or start gradually and uping the dosage?

Hi Banana, it's up to you, side effects are not likely in either case.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes..but so are a # of the posters- that is what I'm referring to.

Hi Jacob, we only have the 'Folexen' account, perhaps there is a way for the moderators to verify?

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
The product should have been made free to a few established members and a moderator here at HairLossTalk.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've checked a few ip addresses and they all look legit from real isp to me. I dont see any proxies used.

Jacob

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if the ip's are different or supposedly no proxies are used. In fact it'd be pretty foolish to post that way.

I guess time will tell. If they disappear or make it..shall we say..OBVIOUS :twisted: .........

It's just odd...and happens quite often actually. They usually end up doing one of the above.