Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm one of those guys with quite a lot of body hair. Could the use of S-equol help me reduce body hair?

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Heard about Folexen, and as I'm unable to take finasteride anymore due to sides, I think I'd be a good candidate for trying Folexen out. I'm just looking to maintain at this point. Any regrowth will be a bonus. A few questions for Folexen or anyone else who may know:

1. I'd been taking finasteride for 5 years and then abruptly stopped 6 months ago. Will that alter Folexen's effectiveness?

2. Are there any other treatments you would recommend combining with Folexen to maximize effectiveness? I'd like to develop a solid regimen.

3. How long does Folexen take to work? Is there a buildup period and a shed?

4. When you say Folexen maintains, does that mean keeping hair as is, or can existing hairs thicken, rather than regrowing new hair on bald areas?

5. Does Folexen lose effectiveness after years of use?

Thanks guys. I'm excited about this treatment. I'll purchase some after I get some responses and I'll report whatever happens.

You have to bear in mind that this is pretty new on the market. It will take years to find answers to some of the questions you posted. You can be the first to give an answer to them. 1) Who should be able to answer that and why should it have an effect? After 6 months it should be out of your system right? 2) I guess the usual ones? Again, I don't think this has been studied scientifically but they're stating that it can be combined with treatments, so the usual ones should work, right? 5) How many years you think this product is on the market?

- - - Updated - - -

WHen I get this I will be doing counts of the hairs that I lose daily. I don't have the means to actually count the hair on the head. Hair count of shed is one reliable measure to gauge your loss.

Honestly, I don't know if that is true. It may be an indication but I guess what's more important is how much your hair grows and not how many you lose...?! Still interesting to find out I guess.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It'd be better to measure hair thickness and actually count the hair follicles on the head with terminal hairs but without lab equipment I dont see how to do that.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It'd be better to measure hair thickness and actually count the hair follicles on the head with terminal hairs but without lab equipment I dont see how to do that.

I guess the you can do is documentation with monthly photos? this should give a general indication

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it okay to take finasteride and equol at the same time? I think for the first few weeks of taking equol I will also take finasteride and then slowly ween of finasteride. What do you guys think?

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it's definitely worth a try. if you can keep the dht from binding to your androgen receptors in your hair you might be able to maintain what result you got from finasteride. really depends on how much fraction of DHT equol would bind to. no study has been done on that.

Jeri

Reaction score
The product Folexen seems solid but I can't seem to find the physical address of the company on their website since they stated about their lab and stuff.. surely there must be some brick and mortar right? If not I am pretty skeptical about them.

lobsterlobster

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to have my doubts, too. This product seems too good to be true. But I just ordered my first batch, so I guess I've already made my decision. If this product is a scam, though, I'm pretty sure we'll all do a pretty good job making sure no one else buys it.

- - - Updated - - -

hairloss, man. what's a mother****er supposed do? :dunno:

Strider

Reaction score
The product Folexen seems solid but I can't seem to find the physical address of the company on their website since they stated about their lab and stuff.. surely there must be some brick and mortar right? If not I am pretty skeptical about them.

http://www.manta.com/c/mr4c85b/eclipse-nutraceuticals-inc

It doesn't look like a companies building, more like a home. I guess it's only one guy who is ordering his product at a laboratory in China.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
north carolina? That can't be. I thought they were from Australia :D

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So, there is a group buy for equol at hair loss help. They are getting it made as a solution for topical application. About 1 gram for $5.20 at 5% solution. This come out to 50 mg per gram of solution. This is about $26 per 250 mg compared to the currently priced $30 per 250 mg with Folexen. I have no idea how it would work as a topical. Someone not using an internal antiandrogen would probably just want to take it internally.

- - - Updated - - -

regarding whether the company is in NC or Au. probably just two different companies one that is in NC and the other in AU

F

Folexen

My guess is eclipse nutraceuticals is a pretty small start up without the huge resources to expend on advertising and promoting the product. Promoting directly to the niche as they did with this site, is a cheap way to do it, and can be effective. They probably invested mostly in the equipment, and chemical process. There are few things that could be fixed up on their site to make them seem more like authorities on the subject which would boost confidence. I'd post more excerpts from the journal articles and maybe expand the faq. I'd add the information regarding more of the mechanism of how finasteride and dutasteride sides are believed by experts to come about. Focus on the neurosteroid part, and on the E/T ratio which is often overlooked over the simple fact that DHT is lower.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll review the information on the website and see if it can be extended as you've suggested.

- - - Updated - - -

The business in North Carolina is not related to us.

The domain name was registered using my home address, but our two small labs are in a technology park in Sydney. An address isn't shown on the website because it'd be inconvenient to have people visiting without an appointment.

However, if anyone is in the area and would like a short tour then we could arrange a time to show you around.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you guys already have about the testosterone to estrogen ratio, but about the neurosteroids is missing. actually overall the website seems fine to me. i showed it to another observer, and she said it looked fine (Said the image of the guy looking into the microscope didnt "look like a scientist" but i dont think you guys claim to be "scientists"). i had worried on the payment that it wasnt secure but i double checked and it was indeed HTTPS. immortal hair said the faq was lacking but he didnt elaborate, and his theory downplays the role of androgens in baldness anyhow so hed probably have hate for any product or site that agrees with the standard theory of male pattern baldness lol

F

Folexen

Hi zeroes, our ABN is 61 599 132 006.

The business name is Eclipse Global Logistics, trading as 'Eclipse Nutraceuticals'.

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi zeroes, our ABN is 61 599 132 006.

The business name is Eclipse Global Logistics, trading as 'Eclipse Nutraceuticals'.

Hi, is that powder you advertise on the site fit to be made into some topical? I.e if I mix it with alcohol or Propylene Glycol or even water, would it work as a topical? just wondering. For those of us that are afraid to take it internally, a topical could be a great help.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi, is that powder you advertise on the site fit to be made into some topical? I.e if I mix it with alcohol or Propylene Glycol or even water, would it work as a topical? just wondering. For those of us that are afraid to take it internally, a topical could be a great help.

you're "afraid" to take equol???

google:

equol diabetes
equol acne
equol heart disease
equol anti aging
equol prostate cancer
equol weight loss

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
you're "afraid" to take equol???

google:

equol diabetes
equol acne
equol heart disease
equol anti aging
equol prostate cancer
equol weight loss

Hi 2020,

Anyone sane would be afraid to take a drug whose side effects profile is as of yet not clearly known and which binds to DHT, which is again involved in many complex interactions in the body. Furthermore, how much DHT, equol binds is also unknown as far as I could find out.

Judging by your posts you appear to be a very young guy (18- very early 20's perhaps?) who doesn't seem to get the danger of taking drugs which can affect androgens. Hence, your enthusiasm to rush into ingesting any chemical that could have substantial impact.

If you do supplements or any medicine with active ingredients, you'll quickly realize that some of these are very powerful. And the effects can linger on for weeks, months and even more.

I had earlier pointed out to you that the impact propecia has is estimated due to both its DHT reduction mechanism (5 AlphaR), plus the fact it reduces DHT as well. Equol does the latter & hence taking it, could be an issue for those who could not take finasteride./ Propecia because of the DHT reduction. I note there are many more references on the thread pointing this out. The thing is DHT is a very powerful androgen, its exact use within the body is yet to be comprehensively mapped out.

In my case, I did not stop Propecia because of the sexual sides or depression or other issues. I stopped it, because the effects were directly on the prostrate - on asking around, the sides I experienced were basically due to the ~50-70% drop in serum DHT.

Others continue despite these sides but are unhappy even so.

Generally, in my experience, topical application is safer as we can tailor the dosage & see how our body reacts to it, and also stopping generally leads to a quicker cessation of sides (only a portion of the active ingredient would have got to the blood stream anyhow).

That's why if I could use the powder to make an equol topical, and get it from Folexen (instead of having to do "group buys" via a third party who then has to get it from China or someplace), its simpler and more direct. And IMO, safer as well.

Let me give two examples in case you still don't get it. I tried curcumin + resveratol supplements for ~3 weeks - based on the italian study which showed they reduced hair fall & even regrew hair. After that, I am still slowly recovering from the sides (intense joint pain, caused by resveratol - a common complaint). I again did this after seeing curcumin is widely used at very heavy dosages without issues and, resveratol is generally accepted to be more benign than dangerous. So studies like you mentioned are only of limited use..

I tried Latisse's active ingredient for hair loss as a topical. Within 2 applications, I got severe eye twitches (apparently, also common to Bimatoprost users) - so washed my hair and dropped it. Took a couple of days to stop. Again, Latisse is a pretty well known drug without finasteride type complaints en masse. Even so, a subsegment of folks like me got the specific side...again, its a roll of the dice.

Point is with a topical application, I could both observe the effect pretty closely and also stop it quickly.

You are welcome to try out equol via tablets (I recall you mentioned you were already on finasteride), but if a topical alternative, that'd be even better from my POV, hence my question to Folexen.

Net, while you believe that somehow DHT blocking is completely safe etc. - I disagree, and so do many folks who are far more informed than either of us. Its not just about androgen imbalance (with estradiol etc ramping up), DHT itself is pretty powerful, so I'd like to be careful in its usage..

Cheers