Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

F

Folexen

you guys already have about the testosterone to estrogen ratio, but about the neurosteroids is missing. actually overall the website seems fine to me. i showed it to another observer, and she said it looked fine (Said the image of the guy looking into the microscope didnt "look like a scientist" but i dont think you guys claim to be "scientists"). i had worried on the payment that it wasnt secure but i double checked and it was indeed HTTPS. immortal hair said the faq was lacking but he didnt elaborate, and his theory downplays the role of androgens in baldness anyhow so hed probably have hate for any product or site that agrees with the standard theory of male pattern baldness lol

Thanks for the details.. I'll give it some thought. The FAQ page is fairly basic and should probably be extended with the types of questions that you have all been asking here.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, is that powder you advertise on the site fit to be made into some topical? I.e if I mix it with alcohol or Propylene Glycol or even water, would it work as a topical? just wondering. For those of us that are afraid to take it internally, a topical could be a great help.

Hi Aks20. Theoretically it would work but there's no data on that yet. S-equol has higher solubility in alcohols than water, and you might want to add some DMSO to help carry it through your skin. Perhaps apply it to only one side of your head, to help see if it's effective for you?

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Aks20. Theoretically it would work but there's no data on that yet. S-equol has higher solubility in alcohols than water, and you might want to add some DMSO to help carry it through your skin. Perhaps apply it to only one side of your head, to help see if it's effective for you?

Thanks Folexen, this is great news. So if I mix say 5 mg of your powder with 100 ml of a vehicle, that would give me 5% solution right? Do you suggest any vehicles, commonly available off of the net that I could try?

I am assuming your reply means the powder does not contain any fats/proteins/preservatives etc that could cause a problem (interaction or get spoilt) when using it with a vehicle.

Also, is the powder the same as in the capsules? Could one order the capsules and use them topically if they proved too strong for topical ingestion?

Please let me know if I am mistaken.

ifeelgood

Reaction score
Hi Folexen, I would definitely like a tour if you can arrange for one. You can send me a private message with the details.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll review the information on the website and see if it can be extended as you've suggested.

- - - Updated - - -

The business in North Carolina is not related to us.

The domain name was registered using my home address, but our two small labs are in a technology park in Sydney. An address isn't shown on the website because it'd be inconvenient to have people visiting without an appointment.

However, if anyone is in the area and would like a short tour then we could arrange a time to show you around.

Jacob

Reaction score

Or encapsulate it in lipo/nanosomes..as someone was going to have done if enough were interested.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
was that for topical application they were doing that or does it impriove the systemic absorptivity as well?

Jacob

Reaction score
For topical application. I'm one of those who isn't crazy about making my own topicals for various reasons. Plus I like to stay away from alcohol and pg as much as possible. Who knows if with equol it'd make much of a difference..but there are advantages to using liposomes/nanosomes.

HARIRI

Reaction score
FOLEXEN...Its really interesting this S-equol...but i have a simple question maybe...
For example, we know that Saw Palmetto blocks DHT in the body and prostate but is not a good treatment for hair loss as Im taking 500mg everyday...
Why S-equol, that we know blocks DHT will be better than Saw Palmetto or another herbs that bolck DHT but are not good for the hair loss?
And is it safe to take it with saw palmetto? Because as I learnt from the website that its effective as finastride but it doesn't give sexual side effects!
Thank you !!!

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
to my knowledge saw palmetto only showed in vitro inhibition of the enzyme. actual studies of prostates in humans showed mixed results at reducing symptoms of BPH.

we truly dont know if s-equol is good for hair loss or not, tho we all hope it is

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folexen, could you answer my question please. I wanted to know whether the content of the capsules could be used topically with any suitable vehicle (any suggestions welcome). DMSO I believe gives folks body odour and bad breath.

Also, there seems to be an issue with your site, it is unable to process my payment details.

F

Folexen

Hi Aks20

The powder contains 0.5% S-equol, so 1g contains 5mg of active. You might want to make the solution more concentrated, so 100g powder extracted into 100mL solvent gives a 0.5% w/v solution. The powder would be bulky in comparison to the solvent, so it'd make sense to mix them, wait overnight, and then separate the part that does not dissolve.

The only problem I could see is that if your solvent contains water, it'd interact with starch in the powder. Absolute alcohol would be OK. Yes, the powder in the capsules is the same.

Please PM me if you still have trouble with the website.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Hariri,

Saw Palmetto works in a similar way to Finasteride, which is different to the way that Folexen works.

It's safe to take them together.

F

Folexen

Folexen, when are you expecting the lab results?

Hi Strider, the results are a week or two away. I'll post them here as soon as they're received.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is Folexen safe to take by women?

Hi Lobster, yes, in fact the active ingredient was tested by Ausio Pharma for treatment of menopause symptoms. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21341397)

It's not yet known if Folexen can be of benefit in the treatment of androgenic alopecia in women.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question.
I want this to be a success as much as all on here and also those manufacturing it surely do, would be great if everyone wins in this situation, BUT are there ANY studies, no matter how small that you have done on a selection of patients? maybe I missed it earlier in the thread so sorry if so but surely this has at least been tested on people? or are the people buying it the test subjects and this is all based on theory.
thanks in advance

lobsterlobster

Established Member
Reaction score
^I, too, would like to know.

By the way, the whole equol producer thing explains why a lot more Asian Americans are losing their hair compared to native Asians. A soy-less Westernized diet probably has a lot to do with it.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They are:
300-500 ml soy milk + soy isoflavones + capsaicin (chili peppers), 28 mg iron, 1 litre of green tea, 500 mg beer yeast, 500-1000 mg saw palmetto, toco-8 twice daily,
gravity (head stand at least 5 mins daily), thermascalp lotion 1x daily, olive oil 2x weekly.

That's a lot of stuff man. Have you seen any benefits from these? I'm guessing minor if any since you are still adding to it?

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BUT are there ANY studies, no matter how small that you have done on a selection of patients?

They did one on 20 or 30 patients. It was posted earlier in this thread. IIRC they tested it for 6 months at 10 mg / day. The control group lost on average of one follicular unit* per the area per person they were monitering, the group taking folexen gained +2 follicular units per person on average over 6 months. So, that's very slight improvement compared to very slight loss or worsening of the condition in controls. Really it's not a long enough time or a large enough group. Different dosing should also have been studied over the same time period to see if there is a dose dependent effect.

*Note that there is more than one hair shaft per follicular unit.

HARIRI

Reaction score
FOLEXEN... Im planning to order some of your supplement but I got two questions :-

1) How many bottles should I consume in order to get results? I just wanted to know how many should I order?
2) Is it safe to consume it with saw palmetto 500mg? Or maybe it could give me some sexual side effects and that I should stop saw palmetto once I start using Folexen S-Equol?

Hope you could answer me as soon as possible. Thanks.