Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

Jacob

Reaction score
I don't care about your "details"..the point is- you guys came here to post for the first time, here..on this subject. Then nearly all of you are saying let "Folexen" stay here. Is he at the other forum? Why not ask there? Or ask via email?

I did a very quick search over there and didn't see any posts by him, or even any requests that he join and answer questions. I'm sure I missed it.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
- - - Updated - - -

I don't care about your "details"..the point is- you guys came here to post for the first time, here..on this subject. Then nearly all of you are saying let "Folexen" stay here. Is he at the other forum? Why not ask there? Or ask via email?

I did a very quick search over there and didn't see any posts by him, or even any requests that he join and answer questions. I'm sure I missed it.

You are right he hasn't posted in that thread. they probably came here to ask him questions directly. One of the other posters here mentioned the reg processes is broken at TBT.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whether he posts here or not wont make or break the success of the product.

The discussion can continue, and I rely on all of you to get the facts.

If it ends up being a legit product, then there's no reason why we can't carry it in the online store ... at which point "the hair loss world" will know all about it.

Same process we use for all products already on the store. But at no point did any of the creators come to the forums and set up shop to self-promote.

I appreciate all his responses. They were very helpful. I know its a pain, but if we open the door to one, the floodgates go open.

Feel free to continue discussing.

Jacob

Reaction score
I just went through the registration process and the only roadblock is it says it's being moderated- waiting for approval. I used "Jacob2" for those wondering- I think I'm already registered there though.

Whenever I come across something I'm interested in- hair-related or not...and it's being discussed in a forum...I don't register to start posting and ask questions, even if a company rep is there. I just email them. But maybe that's just me :ermm:

- - - Updated - - -

The discussion can continue, and I rely on all of you to get the facts.

If it ends up being a legit product, then there's no reason why we can't carry it in the online store ... at which point "the hair loss world" will know all about it.

Same process we use for all products already on the store. But at no point did any of the creators come to the forums and set up shop to self-promote.

I really want to say something about someone setting up shop here for years and years and....but I won't :woot:

BTW..someone mentioned they're not making claims or saying it's the cure or whatever. On the website they do say "Folexen is a nutraceutical product that aims to prevent and reverse male pattern baldness" That's a pretty strong statement..we'll see if it's true I guess. You'd think they'd just sell the supplement and list ALL the benefits..not just gear it towards hair loss. Hmmm...

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
.... it's not THEIR PRODUCT! They're just a lab that produce this certain molecule that has been around for a decade.
People have no problems buying generic finasteride/ru/cb from some indian labs and don't ask them for any proof. What's the difference here?

Semantics.

The product is theirs. They make money from it.

Memo to those at Folexen and similar companies: Before attempting to advertise (for free) here, offer selected members a three-month supply (for free).

Sparky4444

Reaction score
OK..I'm in...4 months worth...What the hell, $200CDN...I've been fighting my hairloss for 14 years, why stop now...So far, this is the only option other then dutasteride/finasteride for systematic attack of DHT...

Giddyup!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK..I'm in...4 months worth...What the hell, $200CDN...I've been fighting my hairloss for 14 years, why stop now...So far, this is the only option other then dutasteride/finasteride for systematic attack of DHT...

Giddyup!

you haven't tried finasteride/dutasteride in those 14 years?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
you haven't tried finasteride/dutasteride in those 14 years?

oh yeah...took finasteride when I was about 30 up until I was about 37 when it stopped working and was giving me crap sides...I won't touch dutasteride with a 10 foot pole

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"Folexen is a nutraceutical product that aims to prevent and reverse male pattern baldness"

It's actually brilliantly worded. It can't be false whether it fails or not. AIMING To doesnt mean you will succeed.

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
I just went through the registration process and the only roadblock is it says it's being moderated- waiting for approval. I used "Jacob2" for those wondering- I think I'm already registered there though.

That "roadblock" is what is broken about their registration process. Keep waiting for the approval to come through, hope it does for you, it hasn't for me and a couple of other guys I am in occasional touch with. I wanted to post there with my queries before Spencer had his talk with HSC folks, the broken registration process never really came through.

Whenever I come across something I'm interested in- hair-related or not...and it's being discussed in a forum...I don't register to start posting and ask questions, even if a company rep is there. I just email them. But maybe that's just me :ermm:

That is just you. Because most other people, like those in this thread, rush to threads where there are active participants from companies or actual medical professionals answering their queries. I myself registered at several forums (such as hairsite) to just get a few questions into threads where some doctors were answering queries and before the thread died down.

Thing is most normal folks facing hair loss are rushing around looking for answers, well that's clearly whats happening, and given we are rapidly losing ground, most folks don't have the patience to sit around and wait for treatments to appear.

Well I don't see a thread here on it..I've asked if the person has posted it here but nothing so far. Guess I'll start a new thread on it if no-one else will.

Please do so. It will be a very useful thing if it gets through, where are you guys planning to source the Equol from? Will it be like a personal effort where we all chip in or is there a firm ready to do this and market a finished product?

- - - Updated - - -

The discussion can continue, and I rely on all of you to get the facts..

I think to be honest we are not concerned with his personal success per se, we are more concerned about the second sentence, the facts and whether we can get up to date information from him regarding the product and whats happening with it and what we are observing. Its like having a direct pipeline to the source. I understand you have rules, but you might want to work out something with him (if you can) to have the discussion go through or work out some way by which he can observe the thread and reply to us all, even if via you guys.

Since there are so many people here, its easier for the rep to just answer all our queries at one place and we get our answers too. I don't have to run to email each time around.

Thanks.

Jacob

Reaction score
How about just pretending the company/companies aren't in a forum...how would you go about requesting info/answers? ;)
I doubt most join forums just to ask questions etc. I've seen a few examples in other forums and there too- ppl question them.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I wonder how this applies to us in Canada...I would think we should be in the same boat as Australia -- although my local health food store has put up signs showing how some products are under attack by the government..so it may be worse here...

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Then that's probably why they make such bold claims!

.... it only shows that equol binds strongly to DHT:
Lund, D. et. al. (2004), Equol is a novel anti-androgen that inhibits prostate growth and hormone feedback. Biology of Reproduction, 70 (4), 1188-1195.
and that as such, it will help treat baldness. How bold is that?

you're just mad that this will be more effective than your stem cell scalp revitalizing omega vitamin infusing circulation proliferation boosters or whatever you're using nowadays

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Then that's probably why they make such bold claims!
I'm sure we have something like the FDA here but I don't know what it's called.

Also they may very well sell other non hair related products. The original company registered in 2004.

Jacob

Reaction score
.... it only shows that equol binds strongly to DHT:
Lund, D. et. al. (2004), Equol is a novel anti-androgen that inhibits prostate growth and hormone feedback. Biology of Reproduction, 70 (4), 1188-1195.
and that as such, it will help treat baldness. How bold is that?

you're just mad that this will be more effective than your stem cell scalp revitalizing omega vitamin infusing circulation proliferation boosters or whatever you're using nowadays

2020..I think you need to stop posting for awhile or something. Your goofiness is non-ending. I was talking about their specific statement/claims there...not that equol can't be usefull for treating hairloss. If you'd read the entire other Equol thread(you know..the one where your goofiness got the prices wrong?) as well as others over the years, you'll see I've posted about equol myself.

But I'm sure you'll amuse us with some other nonsense in the near future, again. Maybe even by this evening.

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
How about just pretending the company/companies aren't in a forum...how would you go about requesting info/answers? ;)

Oh c'mon...why not just pretend the company doesnt exist...then theres no company, no product, no problem, no discussion...rite? :turned::doh:
When the forum exists, the company is there, theres a guy who is not shilling his product with ridiculous claims but is seeking to answer them in a decent manner, why wouldn't anyone seek answers there, when its so convenient..

I doubt most join forums just to ask questions etc. I've seen a few examples in other forums and there too- ppl question them.

Theres a difference between shills who post "this product is a miracle, i am now hairy harry" as versus folks who join up, ask questions and are somewhat enthusiastic about a product that has some science behind it, and is now available.

And kudos if you don't join forums just to ask questions etc. Perhaps you are one of the zen buddhists who is at peace with his hairloss and hence only joins for the sake of discussion.

The rest of us are a wee bit more concerned than that and join forums for answers, to find out whats working and whats not

- - - Updated - - -

PS: I received my tablets today, took one and will repeat tomorrow. Lets see..