First Ever Side Effects Free Topical Anti Androgen Fda Approved Today

el_duterino

Reaction score
Japanese study shows around 6% sides. If 25% of the people who took finasteride got sides it would be banned long time ago like Vioxx

Actually, 6% or 2% does not mean anything if you don't take age and baseline libido into account.
I did not notice sides on finasteride when I was 30, but noticed when I was 40..my natural libido went down in the meantime, so the DHT lowering effect is felt differently

So if you are young and/or with a strong libido, in most cases you won't notice the drop..but if your libido is low to start with you will suffer more.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually, 6% or 2% does not mean anything if you don't take age and baseline libido into account.
I did not notice sides on finasteride when I was 30, but noticed when I was 40..my natural libido went down in the meantime, so the DHT lowering effect is felt differently

So if you are young and/or with a strong libido, in most cases you won't notice the drop..but if your libido is low to start with you will suffer more.
I wonder to what extend side effects can be mitigated through the administration of TRT

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be great if it can be avoided by cycling. Is there any evidence that this is plausible?

No, this is just speculation.

But, on that topic, I think there are some new insights as to why CB's effectiveness drops. I posted about it in the CB thread.

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say that around 20% of finasteride users get some degree of side-effects. I recall reading about a hair loss doctor who prescribed finasteride for years to many of his patients, and in his own experience, around 20% of his patients got some degree of side-effects. The number of finasteride users that get side-effects severe enough that they need to stop treatment would be much less than 20% (probably no more than about 2%).

Virtually nobody on this site will deny that finasteride does cause sides in some users. Where there is disagreement is in what the true incidence of these sides is. As I mentioned, I think that 20% would be a good estimate of the number of finasteride users who get some degree of sides.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think people are assuming too much about this drug, drugs are not that simple where you can just predict what happens past the trials based on what happened a few months during the trials. Also people seem to be hyper focused on the TAHC numbers even though it's a maintenance drug so its not growing you new hairs, which if you're on these forums you should know by now.

Just remember years back how the "smart" people on these forums where saying CB wouldn't work because you would need some special vehicle or machine to penetrate the scalp.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think people are assuming too much about this drug, drugs are not that simple where you can just predict what happens past the trials based on what happened a few months during the trials. Also people seem to be hyper focused on the TAHC numbers even though it's a maintenance drug so its not growing you new hairs, which if you're on these forums you should know by now.

Just remember years back how the "smart" people on these forums where saying CB wouldn't work because you would need some special vehicle or machine to penetrate the scalp.

Well, that's what TAHC tells you - whether in the target area you are gaining, maintaining or losing.

What the dosing study showed is that with CB you're steadily gaining until things go haywire. Hell, if you could address whatever causes the 6 month cliff, maybe you'd keep gaining.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the news...Do you know what percent the Hairloss formula is expected to be? Does this mean we could go to a Dermatologist office today and get a prescription for the acne version, or will it take time for the production to kick in before supply can circulate? (Understand if this isn't known yet)

Some info on this:

https://adisinsight.springer.com/drugs/800026561

Cassiopea announces intention to launch clascoterone for Acne vulgaris in USA (Topical, Cream), in early 2021

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, that's what TAHC tells you - whether in the target area you are gaining, maintaining or losing.

What the dosing study showed is that with CB you're steadily gaining until things go haywire. Hell, if you could address whatever causes the 6 month cliff, maybe you'd keep gaining.
The most you'll ever gain from a drug like this is some recently gone vellus hairs that they didn't count turning back to terminal. TAHC is probably the most variable method, shedding could easily throw off the numbers, which is part of what the TAHC is anyway.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TAHC is probably the most variable method, shedding could easily throw off the numbers, which is part of what the TAHC is anyway.

You mean non alopecia related shedding? Comparing the CB group with a control group, as they did, negates any confounding effect of that.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is a common side effect of hair loss drugs. Often meaning it's working.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
CB is not more effective than finasteride. The phase 2 trial for CB was disappointing, as the results declined sharply between six and twelve months. As mentioned already in this thread, they even used a different reference point for the 12 month results than for the 6 month results in a misleading attempt to make the decline between 6 and 12 months appear less drastic than it really was.

Having said this, CB is believed to be side-effect free as it breaks down into a harmless substance once it goes systemic, and so it is a worthwhile option for those who cannot tolerate finasteride due to side-effects.
Old news man. It isnt harmless. It affects the HPA axis.

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you're right. Indeed it does affect the HPA axis in some people that use it. Considering this, in addition to the fairly disappointing results from the phase 2 trial, I don't see how there's all that much to get excited about regarding CB to be honest.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

In some people. I believe in an acne cream study it happened in 1/20 adults.

There was actually a trial designed specifically to test whether this would happen in children, but the results were never posted

They actually ran two trials (one in adults, one in children), to test whether this would happen, but the results were never posted

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/results/NCT02720627?term=CB-03-01&draw=2&rank=2&view=results

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01831960

Note that in the children's version of the trial, last update was in 2019 (the study was first posted in 2016), yet the results were not posted.

I've been trying to find the study, but can't.

However, I believe in the dosing study they tested for cortisole levels, which I think tells you whether this problem happened, and they didn't find anything wrong in any of the subjects and, as you know, that was a large study.

Last edited:

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great, a medication to address the concerns of the 1% of people who get sides from the current treatments.
But is there anything for the 30-40% of guys who can't stop their hair loss with the current treatments? What a waste of time.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great, a medication to address the concerns of the 1% of people who get sides from the current treatments.
But is there anything for the 30-40% of guys who can't stop their hair loss with the current treatments? What a waste of time.
Do some research and start stacking sh*t. There's some guys on here who are experimenting like crazy and are getting real regrowth.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regimen: Rogaine

olowshinenine

Reaction score
Guys - the good news we have been waiting for years ..The First ever side effects free topical anti androgen has been approved by the FDA today for human use- Clascoterone aka CB-01-03

As some knew already, the first application is for acne, in a cream with only 1% BUT this is the exact same molecule as the upcoming hairloss product which works fine for the vast majority, and has no side effects - unlike RU58841 and the rest of the current drugs finasteride/dutasteride .

Hi el duterino. Could you share where to buy this product and anything else needed for application. Would you recommend using it with a dermaroller?

el_duterino

Reaction score
I bought the powder from Kane
I mix with ethanol 95% - Polmos rectified spiritus sold in liquor stores, that's all.
no need for dermaroller IMO

You can increase scalp porosity by using more ethanolic topicals, I also use minoxidil and Neogenic in separate applications throughout the day

I use about 50 to 70mg CB a day

jazz1

Reaction score
I mix with ethanol 95% - Polmos rectified spiritus sold in liquor stores, that's all.

You can increase scalp porosity by using more ethanolic topicals, I also use minoxidil and Neogenic in separate applications throughout the day

I would assume KB solution is also fine? How much ML ethanol and Polmos you mix and use please? What else could be an alternative to Polmos as I’m in the UK and they do not sell it.

Last edited:

Plan C

Established Member
Reaction score
I would assume KB solution is also fine? How much ML ethanol and Polmos you mix and use please? What else could be an alternative to Polmos as I’m in the UK and they do not sell it.

I'm also in the UK and you definitely can get 95% drinking alcohol over here.

Is there a reason you only use ethanol and not also PG? I think you said that you previously used ethanol/PG with RU, but I might be wrong?