Finasteride Resistant Hairloss Group

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
the sides are self reported. if they actually measured erection quality and speed of erection, and had metrics for sexual desire/libido you would clearly see that 90% of men experience side effects

you cant inhibit the strongest male androgen and not get side effects. for most people, the side effects are tolerable but get worse with time
And most go away with continued use. And recovered fully after stopping. I read 2% had sides from the original study.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And most go away with continued use. And recovered fully after stopping. I read 2% had sides from the original study.

No the longer you use it the worse sides will get and full recovery is not guaranteed because if you have ed you basically need to go through puberty levels of androgens to build up the smooth muscle in the penis back up. Some men have way too low androgens and thus they might never fully recover

That’s my theory anyways

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
No the longer you use it the worse sides will get and full recovery is not guaranteed because if you have ed you basically need to go through puberty levels of androgens to build up the smooth muscle in the penis back up. Some men have way too low androgens and thus they might never fully recover

That’s my theory anyways
I've been on it for 20 years you? You don't need DHT for wood. Dutasteride actually increases testosterone, never had a problem. If you ride out the sides they go away after your body adapts to the medication. Most of the fear mongering is coming from the 20 something crowd in the hair loss community that freak out. More men are on 5ars for prostate health than hair loss

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on it for 20 years you? You don't need DHT for wood. Dutasteride actually increases testosterone, never had a problem. If you ride out the sides they go away after your body adapts to the medication. Most of the fear mongering is coming from the 20 something crowd in the hair loss community that freak out. More men are on 5ars for prostate health than hair loss

Stop talking in absolutes smhh

Can u get an erection without phisical stimulation with 2-3 seconds? Can you think of something hot and get a boner that lasts for a few minutes at least? Just because you can get hard doesn’t mean you don’t have side effects

Anyways, I’m not anti finasteride but I’m done talking to you. This has nothing to do with this thread

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
Stop talking in absolutes smhh

Can u get an erection without phisical stimulation with 2-3 seconds? Can you think of something hot and get a boner that lasts for a few minutes at least? Just because you can get hard doesn’t mean you don’t have side effects

Anyways, I’m not anti finasteride but I’m done talking to you. This has nothing to do with this thread
Never had a problem with erection, gyno, or anything else. 3 boys later, everything works just fine

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thoughts on balancing Finasteride or Dutasteride usage with HCG to limit the negative impact on smooth muscle tissue? My T levels tanked 2 ish years ago exactly when my hairloss started. Urologist put me on HCG with topical Finasteride, the sides are seemingly gone but the hairloss seems like it’s getting worse.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thoughts on balancing Finasteride or Dutasteride usage with HCG to limit the negative impact on smooth muscle tissue? My T levels tanked 2 ish years ago exactly when my hairloss started. Urologist put me on HCG with topical Finasteride, the sides are seemingly gone but the hairloss seems like it’s getting worse.

Well it seems you are balding from T as well so you need a strong AA topical protocol if you wanna do that. I recently got HCG too to manage sides. What dosage did you use?

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
Topical isn't as strong as a pill plus it still gets into your system. HCG will most likely cause high estrogen problems. Aromasin will do better than HCG by increasing testosterone and controlling estrogen. I have taken testosterone in the past, it never caused hairloss. It actually grew some hair. You need to find the best balance of hormones for your body.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it seems you are balding from T as well so you need a strong AA topical protocol if you wanna do that. I recently got HCG too to manage sides. What dosage did you use?
I’m on 50cc MWF HCG injection and topical Finasteride .5 2-3ml daily. Have long hair that’s diffusing everywhere. 6 months on Finasteride 3 weeks HCG only getting worse.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the study?

Was lookin at these studies awhile ago. Is low T a bad thing or a good thing then? It should be good because it has a positive effect on growth factors in the body but at the same time it’s not if androgen sensitivity is increasing.

Won’t let me add the study - Age-dependent expression of the androgen receptor

DHT/T
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/862570/

Low T
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4816459/
Cortisol isnt good for test

Last edited:

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was lookin at these studies awhile ago. Is low T a bad thing or a good thing then? It should be good because it has a positive effect on growth factors in the body but at the same time it’s not if androgen sensitivity is increasing.

Won’t let me add the study - Age-dependent expression of the androgen receptor

DHT/T
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/862570/

Low T
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4816459/
Cortisol isnt good for test

testosterone is not good for hair at all if you are sensitive to it which almost all balding people are to some degree. thats why people on oral anti androgens get so much better regrwoth

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
testosterone is not good for hair at all if you are sensitive to it which almost all balding people are to some degree. thats why people on oral anti androgens get so much better regrwoth

Alright Hem, my DHT was 187ng, Test 755ng, and estro 34pg on finasteride. I also found out I was low in iron and vitamin D because crash dieting and classes. I have a dermatitis with sebum plugs in my hair follicles from topical minoxidil and a positive Ana. My hair man is getting attacked from ten different angles. To top that off I just got done battling a scalp infection wtf guys lol? I switched to duta and after a month DHT 76ng, Test 800ng give or take 20, and estro 24pg surprisingly because I felt slight gyno in the beginning but completely resolved. I got the infection taken care of mostly, my vitamin levels back up and getting protein. I’m still desperately trying to stop the dermatitis and am looking into the Ana. I’m thinking about trying oral minoxidil but idk if I’m even resistant to finasteride with everything above considered. I feel like I’m on the borderline for sides even though my blood tests say different. Idk if 25 - 50mg spironolactone with 5mg oral minoxidil would be safe maybe I should just try the oral minoxidil. What do you guys here think?

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, it isn't stopping it for me after a year and I would like to know why my male pattern baldness is treatment resistant. I would also like to know that despite a 85% success rate according to studies, everyone I have ever met just, my doctor has ever treated, or my pharmacist has ever sold to, all just so happened to be a non-responders.

Good grief, your doctor has never seen a single good responder? That's discouraging.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do people assume that becoming bald after the 30s is "okay" and you just have to accept it without complaints since it's not as bad as if it had happened to us in our 20s or earlier? Where did you get that? What is the measure or yardstick that some of you use to compare pain? Becoming bald is sh*t and it impacts us all in a different way, whether you're still at school, at work or trying to figure out your life, a relationship or whatever, that's why so many of us are here. These comparisons in relation to the ages of whether our situation is more or less serious seem to me totally unnecessary.

I have a friend who became bald since he was 16/17 while he was still in high school and handled it quite well, it depends on each person and that doesn't always have a direct relationship with age.
While I do believe that it's a lot worse to happen to you in your early 20s than on your late 30s, yes! It still is shitty! Whether you are 30, 40, 50. I think it's more like "please spare me this day" sort of sh*t. A delay but in the end you'll still face it

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good grief, your doctor has never seen a single good responder? That's discouraging.
Yeah, never hears this claim before where doctors and pharmacist say it's not working. Why would a doctor that is aware of it not working still preacribe it?