Finasteride Resistant Hairloss Group

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m old but had amazing thick dense black hair at 40 that changed in less than 5 months and has been relentlessly thinning for two years.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I HAVE DIFFUSE THINNING AND MINOXIDIL DID A GREAT JOB FIXING THAT BUT WHEN I TOOK FINASTERIDE, IT DESTROYED MY HAIR AND GAVE ME SIDES...IVE NEVER HAD LOST SO MUCH HAIR IN MY LIFE UNTIL I TOOK THIS DRUG

INT

Reaction score
Your being paranoid. There were never any claims of side effects until recent years. Most of the side effects are caused by forums and negative placebo effects. Have you ever watched Joe Tillman's podcast Tuesday and fridays on the bald truth? Honestly stop being a bunch of pussies

And this is what an ingorant prick looks like.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
2+ years on dutasteride, continued shedding and recession. Also tried Ru with no results.

I'd like to join the chat

Last edited:

Steve Daley

My Regimen
Reaction score
Need advice. Late 20s been losing hair since 21.
Finasteride has not worked. Been on it for 18 months. My crown is getting worse. I am now on dutasteride. I have been for 1 month.
Does dutasteride work? Yes, No?
I never see any success stories on here.

My pictures are to big for here. Happy to mesage my pictures and videos privately to people to get their opinion.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Need advice. Late 20s been losing hair since 21.
Finasteride has not worked. Been on it for 18 months. My crown is getting worse. I am now on dutasteride. I have been for 1 month.
Does dutasteride work? Yes, No?
I never see any success stories on here.

My pictures are to big for here. Happy to mesage my pictures and videos privately to people to get their opinion.
Finasteride stopped working for me after one year. Then I added dutasteride 0.5 mg, and it worked for me at least for four years. But then, it too began to fail. Then I upped my dose 2.5 mg dutasteride, and it worked for another two years. Now I am on spironolactone, which seems to be working for me.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Made a separate post about my situation. Been on finasteride 6 months, seem worse off than in January, and I'm still shedding every time I shower. Some hairs are tapering which worries me but not all of them are. Some say it's okay to have SOME hairs like that.

No sexual sides for me and I've gotten my DHT checked. It's very low.

Steve Daley

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought finasteride was supposed to improve the crown. Feels like i have been taking sugar pills. How long for dutasteride to work. My crown looks horrendous when wet.
I am on 0.5 mg of dutasteride per day. 4 weeks later i am now shedding. Is that good or bad?

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Made a separate post about my situation. Been on finasteride 6 months, seem worse off than in January, and I'm still shedding every time I shower. Some hairs are tapering which worries me but not all of them are. Some say it's okay to have SOME hairs like that.

No sexual sides for me and I've gotten my DHT checked. It's very low.
This happened to me and I been on the drug for 14+ months and it has destroy my hair density and lost over 60% density in less than a year on this drug

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m old but had amazing thick dense black hair at 40 that changed in less than 5 months and has been relentlessly thinning for two years.
I been tuning into your journey. I am far worst than you and I been on the finasteride less than you 14+ months and I want to give it a chance by continuing to 2 years but it has killed over 60% density on top of my head. I really regret trying this drug. Hope things changes for the better for us!.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread hemingway. I've searched a lot on this topic and it does seem to be quite rare.

When I was on finasteride, about 6mos in or so, I noticed that my body hair had actually INCREASED. But I decided I should at least give the drug a year or more as I didn't seem to be losing much ground, and people have always said you need to just push through what may be a second shedding phase. Well, I continued to have more androgenic symptoms. For example, around May or June this year (about 18 months on the drug) one of my ears was completely clogged with wax for about 3 days straight. I know this sounds weird, but after researching it, apparently increased sebum production (which can result from increased T) can cause problems like excessive ear wax. I was definitely getting some kind of hyperandrogenic reflux from it. So for those reasons, along with continued shedding, I decided to stop.

I'm not sure if I'm just very sensitive to T as well as DHT, or if my androgen receptors are just very sensitive in general, but it just didn't work for me. So I was thinking a lot about what the main protocol is that works for most people - the big 3 - and how it works and why. You have a systemic DHT blocker, a topical stimulant, and a topical weak anti-androgen shampoo. As some people have already kind of touched on here, there is a difference between 5AR inhibitors and all-out anti-androgens. Again, idk if it's increased sensitivity to both T and DHT in general, or if it's that I'm specifically also quite sensitive to T, but whatever the case may be, I am very sensitive to androgens and my body rejected finasteride.

Instead of a systemic 5ARI and topical stimulant, I thought about doing something almost the opposite. Also, since I compete as an athlete, I really don't even want to mess with a strong anti-androgen (though my guess is that is what would really work for someone like myself). Obviously for me, systemic anti-androgens or 5ARIs really aren't an option for me. So I decided to go with oral minoxidil, and a topical anti-androgen called fluridil (also called Eucapil or topilutamide). For those who may not be familiar, fluridil is essentially a topical version of flutamide - but it is hydrophobic - meaning that it decomposes in water (or your blood) and doesn't go systemic. It not only has a binding affinity for DHT, but T as well, so I thought this would be a solid option for my situation.

So far, about 4 months in now I'm doing better than I was on finasteride. While I was shedding somewhere around 100-200 hairs on finasteride, I've seriously gone to 10 or less a day. I've actually seen regrowth - my hairline is probably lowered about 2mm. Admittedly, I've worked my way up to 10mg of minoxidil. I have been applying 1ml of fluridil 2x daily - and let me tell you, it is way easier to apply and dries so much faster than topical minoxidil. Literally dries in a few minutes. I personally haven't had issues with it cosmetically, but it's alcohol based though, so some people might have dry scalp issues with it. It seems to have reduced my itching. I only have issues with my hairline, and my loss currently isn't very aggressive. For me, this is working well for now and I plan on sticking with it for a while. I've considered dutasteride, but I just wanted to try something different than the 5ARI route. I'm really not ready to pull the trigger on that one just yet, so that's probably only something I'll try if I start losing ground again.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread hemingway. I've searched a lot on this topic and it does seem to be quite rare.

When I was on finasteride, about 6mos in or so, I noticed that my body hair had actually INCREASED. But I decided I should at least give the drug a year or more as I didn't seem to be losing much ground, and people have always said you need to just push through what may be a second shedding phase. Well, I continued to have more androgenic symptoms. For example, around May or June this year (about 18 months on the drug) one of my ears was completely clogged with wax for about 3 days straight. I know this sounds weird, but after researching it, apparently increased sebum production (which can result from increased T) can cause problems like excessive ear wax. I was definitely getting some kind of hyperandrogenic reflux from it. So for those reasons, along with continued shedding, I decided to stop.

I'm not sure if I'm just very sensitive to T as well as DHT, or if my androgen receptors are just very sensitive in general, but it just didn't work for me. So I was thinking a lot about what the main protocol is that works for most people - the big 3 - and how it works and why. You have a systemic DHT blocker, a topical stimulant, and a topical weak anti-androgen shampoo. As some people have already kind of touched on here, there is a difference between 5AR inhibitors and all-out anti-androgens. Again, idk if it's increased sensitivity to both T and DHT in general, or if it's that I'm specifically also quite sensitive to T, but whatever the case may be, I am very sensitive to androgens and my body rejected finasteride.

Instead of a systemic 5ARI and topical stimulant, I thought about doing something almost the opposite. Also, since I compete as an athlete, I really don't even want to mess with a strong anti-androgen (though my guess is that is what would really work for someone like myself). Obviously for me, systemic anti-androgens or 5ARIs really aren't an option for me. So I decided to go with oral minoxidil, and a topical anti-androgen called fluridil (also called Eucapil or topilutamide). For those who may not be familiar, fluridil is essentially a topical version of flutamide - but it is hydrophobic - meaning that it decomposes in water (or your blood) and doesn't go systemic. It not only has a binding affinity for DHT, but T as well, so I thought this would be a solid option for my situation.

So far, about 4 months in now I'm doing better than I was on finasteride. While I was shedding somewhere around 100-200 hairs on finasteride, I've seriously gone to 10 or less a day. I've actually seen regrowth - my hairline is probably lowered about 2mm. Admittedly, I've worked my way up to 10mg of minoxidil. I have been applying 1ml of fluridil 2x daily - and let me tell you, it is way easier to apply and dries so much faster than topical minoxidil. Literally dries in a few minutes. I personally haven't had issues with it cosmetically, but it's alcohol based though, so some people might have dry scalp issues with it. It seems to have reduced my itching. I only have issues with my hairline, and my loss currently isn't very aggressive. For me, this is working well for now and I plan on sticking with it for a while. I've considered dutasteride, but I just wanted to try something different than the 5ARI route. I'm really not ready to pull the trigger on that one just yet, so that's probably only something I'll try if I start losing ground again.
i'm in the exact same boat as i'm a total non responder to finasteride and even dutasteride ans i suspect that T is hurting my hairline more than dht. i was thinking about using fluridil but read than it asn't sides free for some and el dutasteride aying that it's useless knowing that we got cb now. can i ak you waht's your take about using an ultra low dose of topical finasteride to take care of dht and using cb instead of fluridil to take care of the extra t ?

thanks

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I been tuning into your journey. I am far worst than you and I been on the finasteride less than you 14+ months and I want to give it a chance by continuing to 2 years but it has killed over 60% density on top of my head. I really regret trying this drug. Hope things changes for the better for us!.
Did it get better for you? I’m surprised your hair loss got worse on finasteride so rapidly. Only thing I can think of is that the cycle of shedding makes it appear worse

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm in the exact same boat as i'm a total non responder to finasteride and even dutasteride ans i suspect that T is hurting my hairline more than dht. i was thinking about using fluridil but read than it asn't sides free for some and el dutasteride aying that it's useless knowing that we got cb now. can i ak you waht's your take about using an ultra low dose of topical finasteride to take care of dht and using cb instead of fluridil to take care of the extra t ?

thanks
I have also heard that - that there are some dutasteride resistant people out there, and the increase in T can destroy the hairline. So that was another reason I've held off on that stuff.

Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but for me personally I haven't had any sides at all from fluridil. I really think it's at least worth trying if you haven't gone that route, and if you have some spare cash. I haven't tried CB or RU, or any experimentals. That being said, if you aren't responding to finasteride orally, then I see no point in using it topically - it will do absolutely nothing to T (or potentially increase it!). CB, however, makes more sense to me because it will antagonize BOTH DHT and T too. It seems to work through similar mechanisms to fluridil and also RU, but, like RU, it goes systemic and some people get sides. CB and RU are definitely something I would consider if I lose ground, though. I just haven't jumped on them yet for 1. Potentially systemic 2. Obscure sourcing + high cost 3. Inconvenience of having to mix them, having a good dispenser, and refrigerating (RU requires that, idk about CB).

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have also heard that - that there are some dutasteride resistant people out there, and the increase in T can destroy the hairline. So that was another reason I've held off on that stuff.

Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but for me personally I haven't had any sides at all from fluridil. I really think it's at least worth trying if you haven't gone that route, and if you have some spare cash. I haven't tried CB or RU, or any experimentals. That being said, if you aren't responding to finasteride orally, then I see no point in using it topically - it will do absolutely nothing to T (or potentially increase it!). CB, however, makes more sense to me because it will antagonize BOTH DHT and T too. It seems to work through similar mechanisms to fluridil and also RU, but, like RU, it goes systemic and some people get sides. CB and RU are definitely something I would consider if I lose ground, though. I just haven't jumped on them yet for 1. Potentially systemic 2. Obscure sourcing + high cost 3. Inconvenience of having to mix them, having a good dispenser, and refrigerating (RU requires that, idk about CB).
thanks can i pm you to get your fluridil source ? might still use topical finasteride twice a week just to reduce dht a bit so cb could bind more to t ( even if finasteride does increase t but i'm thinking that maybe dht still has a role in my recession)

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I PMd it. And yeah I'm really not sure how much of a role DHT plays in my loss either. It would be interesting to see other resistants' blood work results.