Finasteride Resistant Hairloss Group

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While I do believe that it's a lot worse to happen to you in your early 20s than on your late 30s, yes! It still is shitty! Whether you are 30, 40, 50. I think it's more like "please spare me this day" sort of sh*t. A delay but in the end you'll still face it

Lately I have been saying that to myself a lot.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just FYI, your body can use adrenal steroids as an alternative pathway to synthesise dht. If you have high cortisol (mine in very high), you may want to look at lowering it.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are looking at using hydroxyflutamide to be everything ru was supposed to be. Also we’re workibg together to find out the least effective dose of topical estradiol. We’re aslso trying out of a few other things

Lmk if you have finasteride resistant hairloss and wanna join this group

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you guys use finasteride before you figured out that you were resistant?

Right now I'd be fine if finasteride merely halted my hair loss, but I'm losing hair in the frontal forelock so fast if it doesn't stop it soon I'll need it to regrow my hair, which I know is much less likely.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you guys use finasteride before you figured out that you were resistant?

Right now I'd be fine if finasteride merely halted my hair loss, but I'm losing hair in the frontal forelock so fast if it doesn't stop it soon I'll need it to regrow my hair, which I know is much less likely.

it took me about a year. if youre over 40 the chances of it working for you are very high. I started losing hair at 15/16 so you can imagine my hairloss is tenfold more aggressive than yours

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Close to a year for me, didn't halt my hairloss, currently on dutasteride,oral minoxidil and soon to be spironolactone.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just FYI, your body can use adrenal steroids as an alternative pathway to synthesise dht. If you have high cortisol (mine in very high), you may want to look at lowering it.

Xanax and meditation then? Jk but when I have a little anxiety there is more scalp irritation.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it took me about a year. if youre over 40 the chances of it working for you are very high. I started losing hair at 15/16 so you can imagine my hairloss is tenfold more aggressive than yours

Good God, to start losing hair at such a young age.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you now and what Norwood are you?

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I started losing at 14 :)

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I also started at 16 and now at 24 everything has fell out in less than a year. I’m in complete shock on how fast this has happened.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also started at 16 and now at 24 everything has fell out in less than a year. I’m in complete shock on how fast this has happened.

Yes, it's happening fast to me. I had a little temple recession in my early 20s, all thru my 20s, 30s and early 40s I slowly went from Norwood 1 to 3 vertex, I thought I'd see more very slow loss, but now the front and back are rapidly thinning. I'll have no hair on the front of my head and a huge bald spot if this keeps up.

I'm completely effed up mentally over it.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it's happening fast to me. I had a little temple recession in my early 20s, all thru my 20s, 30s and early 40s I slowly went from Norwood 1 to 3 vertex, I thought I'd see more very slow loss, but now the front and back are rapidly thinning. I'll have no hair on the front of my head and a huge bald spot if this keeps up.

I'm completely effed up mentally over it.

I’m sorry to hear that, but I wish me and DHTcel could have only been spared our 20s, 30s, and part of our 40s. Haven’t even had a chance to do anything in life yet man. It’s like I was born yesterday and over night aged 30 years.

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 28 and dealing with hair loss for 3y now. I jumped on big3 almost the same month i noticed that my hair is thinning. In 2 years i went from NW2 to NW3.5 at least, although i was taking finasteride pill daily and minoxidil 2x day. I was sheeding like crazy, hair everywhere just not on my head.
A half year ago i changed finasteride to dutasteride and this was the best decision i made. I didn't just slow hairloss but i stopped it. Couldn't believe that this is possible. My hairloss is stable now for 6 months so i decided to do hair transplant as the damage was to big. I also hope that minoxidil can now makes a difference.
Don't really know why finasteride didn't work for me, maybe my hairloss is too agressive and only Dutasteride helps as it is more potent. Or i am just bad responder although i know that % of these people is pretty low.
Can i expect that in the next years even dutasteride won't help me anymore?

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 28 and dealing with hair loss for 3y now. I jumped on big3 almost the same month i noticed that my hair is thinning. In 2 years i went from NW2 to NW3.5 at least, although i was taking finasteride pill daily and minoxidil 2x day. I was sheeding like crazy, hair everywhere just not on my head.
A half year ago i changed finasteride to dutasteride and this was the best decision i made. I didn't just slow hairloss but i stopped it. Couldn't believe that this is possible. My hairloss is stable now for 6 months so i decided to do hair transplant as the damage was to big. I also hope that minoxidil can now makes a difference.
Don't really know why finasteride didn't work for me, maybe my hairloss is too agressive and only Dutasteride helps as it is more potent. Or i am just bad responder although i know that % of these people is pretty low.
Can i expect that in the next years even dutasteride won't help me anymore?
yes, definitely, u will probably maintain for a little longer on Dutasteride but eventually it will stop working

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
@hemingway_the_mercenary hey man can you hit me with an invite to resistant group again.

I have oral Propecia another go this week and the same sides hit like a freight train. I really don’t think it’s so that I can press on with and hope for a change.

Now turning to non-Finasteride options. I got worse on RU worse on Topical Finasteride and oral minoxidil has been a nightmare of a mistake.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hemingway_the_mercenary hey man can you hit me with an invite to resistant group again.

I have oral Propecia another go this week and the same sides hit like a freight train. I really don’t think it’s so that I can press on with and hope for a change.

Now turning to non-Finasteride options. I got worse on RU worse on Topical Finasteride and oral minoxidil has been a nightmare of a mistake.

nah man. you ask too many questions and dont have enough initiative. you would just pollute the chat sorry