Finasteride Resistant Hairloss Group

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post here if you have hairloss that wasnt stopped by finasteride

for those of us that have this problem, I believe there should be a separate group so we can discuss more advanced treatments that would be too extreme to try here. Hopefully we get a few people and we can problem solve together

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, it isn't stopping it for me after a year and I would like to know why my male pattern baldness is treatment resistant. I would also like to know that despite a 85% success rate according to studies, everyone I have ever met just, my doctor has ever treated, or my pharmacist has ever sold to, all just so happened to be a non-responders.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I have been taking finasteride for 3-4 years and now it isn't working for me as much anymore. When my hair loss nightmare started at 16 there would be a gulf ball size amount of hair in the shower drain. I never new hair loss could effect anyone at such a young age so it took me till 20-21 to get on finasteride. Initially, I had a great response because my hair loss stopped in 1 - 1.5 months and regrowth and quality at 10 months was great. Now at 24 finasteride is either losing its effect or my hairs sensitivity to DHT is increasing because I have thinned all over a lot in the last year and a half, but mostly in the last 6 months (wish I could go back in time 6 months huge difference). To try and solve this problem I am going to start dutasteride and I hope it doesn't make anything worse or give me side effects. Idk guys you would think a good response to finasteride would mean a good response to dutasteride as well from more suppression of type 2 (burst of hair health couple years ago) but dutasteride also suppresses type one and with the complexities of the body who knows if that suppression could be negative or positive to the hair. It seems like dutasteride destroys some peoples hairlines while rebuilding the hairline of another?

sensitivity increases with age hamilton proved this decades ago, and more sadly in 2019 we have to cite things found in 1960 about why finasteride works. We still dont know much more about any of this. Why is it sensitive? Why does sensitivity increase as we age? Will we ever find the answers to these questions?

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sensitivity increases with age hamilton proved this decades ago, and more sadly in 2019 we have to cite things found in 1960 about why finasteride works. We still dont know much more about any of this. Why is it sensitive? Why does sensitivity increase as we age? Will we ever find the answers to these questions?

were u one of the people that messaged me about topical bica? I cant remeber

and yes its very clear that AR sensitivity increases with age and more specifically AR activation over time.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
were u one of the people that messaged me about topical bica? I cant remeber

and yes its very clear that AR sensitivity increases with age and more specifically AR activation over time.

I read that receptors will be activated once there is T or DHT. However, as we aged, we produce less T and DHT, hence, shouldnt receptors be stable / reduce ?

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post here if you have hairloss that wasnt stopped by finasteride

for those of us that have this problem, I believe there should be a separate group so we can discuss more advanced treatments that would be too extreme to try here. Hopefully we get a few people and we can problem solve together
I am trying to get on Enzalutamide, do u guys know a good source from Alibaba?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just adding myself to this group. At month 6 my hair is far worse than before I started. I’m concerned the sides will persist.

Looking for alternatives.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just adding myself to this group. At month 6 my hair is far worse than before I started. I’m concerned the sides will persist.

Looking for alternatives.
brah I tried out RU58841 too, it didn't do sh*t, come off of it and try topical enzalutamide

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sides on .5 oral Finasteride after 2 weeks, switched to topical, less sides no slow down.
u dont have aggressive hair loss, u could probably maintain on dutasteride. Best of Luck!

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't notice any positive difference from 11 months of oral finasteride (1 mg./day). I may have experienced an increase in shedding off and on throughout the whole 11 months which led me to quit. The finasteride was legit since I had a prescription for propecia.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't notice any positive difference from 11 months of oral finasteride (1 mg./day). I may have experienced an increase in shedding off and on throughout the whole 11 months which led me to quit. The finasteride was legit since I had a prescription for propecia.

ur 44 lol. maintenance means its working. This group is for people with aggressive hair loss who bald in their 20s or earlier

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ur 44 lol. maintenance means its working. This group is for people with aggressive hair loss who bald in their 20s or earlier

I noticed hair loss when I was in my late 20's. I tried finasteride when I was around 32-33. I noticed the past couple of years my hair loss has been more aggressive. Maybe my androgen receptors are becoming more sensitive? I'm hoping to find something that can significantly slow down the rate of loss and increase density. Fluridil hasn't been working as well as I initially thought so I'm currently on Trinov. So far nothing has worked for maintenance. I've been at a steady decline and have been losing ground since it all started.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was +35-40 I wouldn't mind going bald, its just that I'm 17 and ive already lost 25% density.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score

T still hasn’t recovered from treatment beginning in June. I dropped from high 800’s to low 400’s where I am now.

Doctor has given me an HCG Rx. I’m worried about starting it while dropping the topical Finasteride. I’m 42 but can pass for 30 easy until I lose my hair. Single and still planning to have a family in the future. Only three years into this and massive shed daily.

Still diffuse but pattern has emerged. Temples and vertex hit the hardest.

Not sure what to try. I even did two bottles of Brontzu as a cosmetic. Still on oral Minoxidil.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
T still hasn’t recovered from treatment beginning in June. I dropped from high 800’s to low 400’s where I am now.

Doctor has given me an HCG Rx. I’m worried about starting it while dropping the topical Finasteride. I’m 42 but can pass for 30 easy until I lose my hair. Single and still planning to have a family in the future. Only three years into this and massive shed daily.

Still diffuse but pattern has emerged. Temples and vertex hit the hardest.

Not sure what to try. I even did two bottles of Brontzu as a cosmetic. Still on oral Minoxidil.
@hemingway_the_mercenary @bluecyclone My best friend started balding at 9, and was NW3 by 9th grade. I have pictures that I could send u guys if u don't believe me. He was NW4 (11th grade) a couple of weeks ago and sadly he took his life that time too. Balding in college/high school is literally hell despite popular belief.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s horrible to hear. I know it is easy to get dramatic about our own circumstances but there is always someone out there dealing with worse.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hemingway_the_mercenary @bluecyclone My best friend started balding at 9, and was NW3 by 9th grade. I have pictures that I could send u guys if u don't believe me. He was NW4 (11th grade) a couple of weeks ago and sadly he took his life that time too. Balding in college/high school is literally hell despite popular belief.
True. Balding has an impact at mostly any age but in teens or 20s could be catastrophic.